A wandering updater appears! Works with B8166 (lazy b8212 update in comments)

Nah, you don’t need to be rich to play this game… More important is that you’re happy playing it :wink:

1 Like

1 Like

Well managed to still get a crash after those hours of tedious copy paste and google translate then copy paste procedure. And yes I did go through all files one by one. I’m using the latest stable on google play btw.

Posting the crash would be the best way to get help, otherwise we’re just pulling things out and seeing how they smell. I don’t personally use the android version, so I’m not going to be much help anyway, unless the crash logs are similar.

11:24:38.180 : Starting log.
11:24:38.180 INFO : Cataclysm DDA version 0.D
11:24:42.847 INFO : SDL version used during compile is 2.0.8
11:24:42.847 INFO : SDL version used during linking and in runtime is 2.0.8
11:24:42.920 INFO : USE_COLOR_MODULATED_TEXTURES is set to 0
11:24:43.302 WARNING : opendir [/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.cleverraven.cataclysmdda/files/mods/] failed with “No such file or directory”.
11:25:26.710 ERROR : couldn’t parse color: c_dark gray

There, I don’t think you’d find anything that much useful from the debug.log. It crashes during the mod loading process by the time it reaches the ninja mod. And btw, how do I upload the translated files? There must be some mistake on my part (like accidentally touching some functions I shouldn’t be touching) because I’m not that much familiar with json.

You’re right, that isn’t useful to me. Maybe someone familiar with android could take a stab. My first guess based on that opendir warning is gonna be look into your file permissions. As far as installing the translated files…I’m not familiar with installing mods on catandroidclysm, but for moving files around I use an app called ghost commander. For text editing I use Jota. I imagine those would be sufficient. Google shouldn’t alter the punctuation, which tends to be the #1 way I break .json files, but being familiar with the languages structure would help when looking things over. It’s all about them brackets, braces and commas. The first two are always in opposing pairs, the latter is used to separate items inside the former, thus:
{
[ (blargh, 7),
(falaflel, 1)
],
[ “toys”, 18 ], [“9mm”, 8]
}

So you see how even a stray comma could break things. Cata tries hard, but nothing beats human ingenuity, not even human ingenuity.

1 Like

Works fine with other mods like arcana,secronom pk’s rebalance, etc. and some basic stuff that I made and about the file permission I already allowed it and it still seems to say the same line in the log. I didn’t bother with those brackets actually because I know it could mess the whole .json so what I did was copy and paste every single russian word that I could find to google translate and then back to .json file but maybe or probably the problem was the other things or the code itself I think, including the cata++. I use notepad++ on my phone btw. Android structure seems almost the same as pc I think or maybe not.

God bless you, I am doing a reinstall of all mods trying to fix my modlist.
Cata without mods is sada.

I’m thinking of capping this thread off for 0.C. If I end up doing the same thing for 0.D I’ll make a new thread. I’ve got a working version of my most up to date stuff in 0.C-35451-ge0588e5 ( Modlist: 1 - 2 - 3 ). How would I go about packaging all the configs, mods and saves? What are the rules about distributing the executable, I’m not clear on it. If it’s ok, I’d just pack it all up and put it on my google drive.

P.S. Does anyone know what build number this is? I can’t figure out how to convert 0.C-35451-ge0588e5 to a build number.

edit: Ah, nostalgia. Enjoy.

Google Drive - cdda 0.C-35451-ge0588e5 (LUA).zip