A number of minor issues

Rotten meat:
I’m sure you already know you can cook it and it becomes normal. Maybe make it so it’s not cookable instead of what I read about making rotten cooked meat? Rotten meat never rots away. If you start a new character, the old meat that is lieing around will go rotten at the same date as it originally would have. So if on my first play through the meat would have gone bad on the 30th day of play. Then my new character will have that meat around for 30 days just fine, hot and fresh even! Also I generally leave it piled against the outside wall atm. Craft my cooked meat through the wall.

Crates:
Cannot be opened with a crowbar. Maybe just not implemented yet?
Also, found liquid cleanser (the stuff that erases mutations) in the crate… Just the liquid, no container. Noted this when I went to pick it up. Said I couldn’t pick up liquid.
I had bashed said crate open.

Lab+underground level:
I opened two doors into solid stone. Same tile there was two double doors to go through on the opposite side. Seemed like the entire tile was offset.

Mutations:
From my understanding, initial traits should not be loseable. Lost my Fleet-footed trait to mutation. Also when my fleet-footed mutated into road runner one time I couldn’t see it in the list.

Mansions+Megastores
Saw a Megastore overwrite three tiles of Mansion.

Logging:
I can cut down trees with a chainsaw. I can cut up the fallen trees into logs. But I don’t know what to do after that. I cannot see a way to cut the logs into 2x4s or even large sticks.

Chainsaws:
These crafted using electric motors and are powered with gasoline!?

Power Source Bionics:
First off, shouldn’t these be called Cybernetics? I always thought bionics were replacement/for medical reasons while cybernetics were augments. Ah well, on to bugs.
'E’ating batteries kills a whole stack, no matter how big the stack is.
Way too easy to accidentally eat a magazine/book you DON’T want to burn. Like my robots book…
Really could use an ‘Are you sure? Y/N’ check for books.

Car Spawns:
I had a car spawn on tile into a wall. I jumped in and tried to get it out, but it just kept hitting the walls it was inside and wouldn’t do anything other than make a buttload of noise. As I ran away from there there was a MASSIVE zombie spawn. Funny!

Looting:
Had a good begining going. Got a bunch of stuff and a car. Found a house out in the forest. Went inside dropped everything in my inventory. Went to unload the trunk, and got attacked while unloading. Never got to stop unloading. Died by wolf spider. Never went back to map view.

Hallucinations:
Shooting Hallucinations leaves blood splatter.

I’m going to keep updating this as I find more.

Crates are ok. Just try to apply crowbar a couple of times until it’s open. Maybe high str character will help lower number of attempts, not sure on this…
Liquid in crate smashed open? That’s because you smashed a bottle, i think.

Yeah, but the liquid itself should just dissipate or is it giving you an opportunity to scoop it up?

Ok, when looting stuff you won’t stop midaction if you get attacked. I went to loot stuff from my trunk and a spider came along and killed me. No warning, just kept hitting me till I died.

rather than make my own thread I thought I’d post a few tiny minor issues here; (Windows version by the way)

1. Went to a bar, found all the shelves full of Liquids, no bottles, said I couldn’t pick up a liquid when I tried to get it (Only happened once)
  2. When you click cancel when using a first aid kit it uses up the kit, even though you haven’t done anything with it
  3. Minor spelling mistake (~Grammar nazi~) :wink: When you eat Royal Jelly and you have a cold it states “You feel healther” Instead of Healthier
  4. NPC issues, asking What are you doing to a wandering NPC sometimes results in a “ERROR: some file missing message”
  5. NPC again, talking to a wandering NPC and calm them down, ask them to travel with you, and then ask them what they are doing, but instead of saying “bye” and saying “I see” results in the whole “Drop your weapon” speech again, and you have to re-recruit them once again!

[quote=“Miloch, post:1, topic:205”]Rotten meat:
I’m sure you already know you can cook it and it becomes normal. Maybe make it so it’s not cookable instead of what I read about making rotten cooked meat? Rotten meat never rots away. If you start a new character, the old meat that is lieing around will go rotten at the same date as it originally would have. So if on my first play through the meat would have gone bad on the 30th day of play. Then my new character will have that meat around for 30 days just fine, hot and fresh even! Also I generally leave it piled against the outside wall atm. Craft my cooked meat through the wall.

quick fix just delete your old world and you wont have to worry about it :stuck_out_tongue:

Crates:
Cannot be opened with a crowbar. Maybe just not implemented yet?
Also, found liquid cleanser (the stuff that erases mutations) in the crate… Just the liquid, no container. Noted this when I went to pick it up. Said I couldn’t pick up liquid.
I had bashed said crate open.

** Using the “a” function will bring you to your inventory then select your crowbar, or equip the crowbar and use the “A” function, however a low strength character may take a few tries. also you need to examine liquids and have an empty container in your inventory to pick them up (I havent had this occur to me yet) should display "do you want to drink from your hands Y/N press N and it should bring you to your inventory to fill a container**

Lab+underground level:
I opened two doors into solid stone. Same tile there was two double doors to go through on the opposite side. Seemed like the entire tile was offset.

** I dunno xD**

Mutations:
From my understanding, initial traits should not be loseable. Lost my Fleet-footed trait to mutation. Also when my fleet-footed mutated into road runner one time I couldn’t see it in the list.

** Did you try hitting tab over to your traits list and using your arrow keys to go down, sometimes the new traits go to the bottom.**

Mansions+Megastores
Saw a Megastore overwrite three tiles of Mansion.

Logging:
I can cut down trees with a chainsaw. I can cut up the fallen trees into logs. But I don’t know what to do after that. I cannot see a way to cut the logs into 2x4s or even large sticks.

** You need to use a wood saw to do this, same way as the crowbar (“a”) then select what you want to cut up.**

Chainsaws:
These crafted using electric motors and are powered with gasoline!?

Meh i dont think thats much of an issue as more of a too picky type of deal*

Power Source Bionics:
First off, shouldn’t these be called Cybernetics? I always thought bionics were replacement/for medical reasons while cybernetics were augments. Ah well, on to bugs.
'E’ating batteries kills a whole stack, no matter how big the stack is.
Way too easy to accidentally eat a magazine/book you DON’T want to burn. Like my robots book…
Really could use an ‘Are you sure? Y/N’ check for books.

**bionics
Application of biological principles to the study and design of engineering systems, especially electronic systems.

cybernetics
the branch of science in which electronic and mechanical systems are studied and compared to biological systems**

Car Spawns:
I had a car spawn on tile into a wall. I jumped in and tried to get it out, but it just kept hitting the walls it was inside and wouldn’t do anything other than make a buttload of noise. As I ran away from there there was a MASSIVE zombie spawn. Funny!

Maybe your driving skill wasnt high enough to drive it?*

Looting:
Had a good begining going. Got a bunch of stuff and a car. Found a house out in the forest. Went inside dropped everything in my inventory. Went to unload the trunk, and got attacked while unloading. Never got to stop unloading. Died by wolf spider. Never went back to map view.

Maybe you should have killed it first?

Hallucinations:
Shooting Hallucinations leaves blood splatter.
barely an issue as its not technically gamebreaking

I’m going to keep updating this as I find more.[/quote]

Stone you are distinctively not helpful. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: The only thing in there that was remotely helpful was the crate issue.

And even that is misinformed.
You can’t pick up spilled liquids.

I took the massive amount of time required to fix this. Should be in the next build :stuck_out_tongue:

I took the massive amount of time required to fix this. Should be in the next build :P[/quote]
Hehe I’m quite the slave driver. Keep up the good work :slight_smile:

[quote=“godlysockpuppet, post:5, topic:205”]4) NPC issues, asking What are you doing to a wandering NPC sometimes results in a "ERROR: some file missing message"
5) NPC again, talking to a wandering NPC and calm them down, ask them to travel with you, and then ask them what they are doing, but instead of saying “bye” and saying “I see” results in the whole “Drop your weapon” speech again, and you have to re-recruit them once again![/quote]
They are NPCs there broke as fuck I just Debug kill them on sight [size=8pt]and take the underbarrel crossbows they leave behind[/size]

I think liquids stay where u spill em at the moment. There was discussion on correcting this somewhere. I don’t know is this going to be implemented someday.

Well this is a good thread as any.

Darwinism:
Squirrels, rabbit and other wildlife have little regard for dangerous terrain. My current playthrough has me living out of a barn, and I’m getting enough meat for 4 people just going outside every morning and ‘Harvesting’ all the dead squirrels, rabbits, and occasional deer or cougar corpse caught up in the barbed wire. Seems to give a new meaning to being a farmer.

Perhaps giving animals a sanity check would be in order, where they have a 3/4 chance or something to recognize an obviously dangerous tile like barbed wire or a deep pit and not enter it.

Really cold mutations:
With cold mattering the mutations that don’t let you wear anything on a particular bodypart just got significantly worse. Tentacle arms alone in cold weather is enough to grind all crafting and reading to a complete halt from negative morale. We really need a way to keep bodyparts warm we can’t actually wear anything on. Or at least some way to keep fires going for an extended period of time.

High sewing, making a tentacle sock? :stuck_out_tongue:

Ok, that is about the third character who has died because I was picking up stuff and it doesn’t stop if I’m hit. I really really really would love to see this fixed.