A new thing to make vehicles even more OPed!

Shield generator: Found in labs and such rarely, takes electric charge and is activated via the ^ menu. When activated it absorbs damage in the form of electrical drain.

Now why this should be a thing: Make electric vehicles less OP, insane rarity, takes up a lot of power, don’t deal with bush’s sass, helps prevent the ‘ran into a bicycle and my gas tank exploded immediately’ problem, and just plain awesomeness.

This would be OP as hell so make it rare as hell, it would be a very late game item that removes the tedium of just using the welding rig to fix all the damage when it starts to acclimate. It also helps keep vehicles smaller because you don’t need a huge plow on the front.

No. end of story.

We get the same effect from actually fixing collisions…

Sounds like a great idea to me, providing you cannot craft it and it requires heaps of power, say 1 highly volatile reactor dedicated to running 1 shield. However the shield should eventually dissipate after taking enough damage or “force” and would have to recharge.

Also shocker zombies should have some kind of adverse affect when shocking your vehicle while the shield is on, like arcing electricity over every component or something.

I like everything except the recharge. Sure you can recharge it before its completely empty but running a " highly volatile reactor" past its limit should blow it sky high… or however high Z-Levels allow.

Which is great and would add a good compromise.
At much higher levels in just about all of those technical skills you could probably come up with something to counter this (some kind of hyper advanced buffer or something) which would be a good goal to aspire to.

Maybe instead of an energy shield, maybe something like the charged hull plating they had in the recent Star Trek series? I think it worked by strengthening the molecular bonds of the hull itself, rather than being a projected field.

In game terms, this could be a system that when you turn it on, draws a moderate amount of power constantly, and when the vehicle impacts something, draws even more, but reduces damage to the affected parts by about 80%.

This gives us a system that is more entertaining than the usual “magic energy wall all around us somehow” that’s been done a million times, isn’t 100% invulnerable, and saves us from tracking damage values for the invisible barrier thing, damage is still tracked by the parts hit.

I don’t think the technology level they have is anywhere near shielding?

What they do have however is minuscule repair bots (as a CBM).
As a very late game recipe being able to convert a bunch of nanobots CBMs into a vehicle module that slowly repairs damage seems like a decent idea to me

Seconded. This is way, way too far in the future. So really, please no.

Seconded. This is way, way too far in the future. So really, please no.[/quote] http://www.wiki.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?title=Active_Defense_System

Seconded. This is way, way too far in the future. So really, please no.[/quote] http://www.wiki.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?title=Active_Defense_System[/quote]

Yeah, that should probably be out too. I could understand both things as an ultra-rare artefact thing which you get from a Netherworld portal or something, but definitely not just standard objects. Balance wise they’re terrible as well.

Ahem.

I wasn’t talking about actual deflection shielding, I was talking about quantum displacement shielding. It’s where very little of your vehicle is actually in the shield, and as such it takes a lot less damage, because The components aren’t there to entirely destroy.

And really, quit fukcing arguing realism before I ram a five foot wide dildo up your ass. We have no fucking realism. I can cook meat for a day and suddenly I know how to make meth. So take your ‘realism’ and shove it where the sun don’t shine.

[quote=“Natures Witness, post:8, topic:4499”]Maybe instead of an energy shield, maybe something like the charged hull plating they had in the recent Star Trek series? I think it worked by strengthening the molecular bonds of the hull itself, rather than being a projected field.

In game terms, this could be a system that when you turn it on, draws a moderate amount of power constantly, and when the vehicle impacts something, draws even more, but reduces damage to the affected parts by about 80%.

This gives us a system that is more entertaining than the usual “magic energy wall all around us somehow” that’s been done a million times, isn’t 100% invulnerable, and saves us from tracking damage values for the invisible barrier thing, damage is still tracked by the parts hit.[/quote]

Yes. This is what I need. Where’s my Notepad++

Wait wasn’t that polarized hull plating? Because that’d make sense against energy weapons… And the armor from Voyager was tech from the future at the time…

What about an automated repair arm? Fixes things in its reach of 5x5 automatically, but drains more power than a welding rig could ever hope for.

I just want to remove the tedium of fixing my plow every time I hit a bicycle.

Which is what nanobots would do (you would still have to fix completely grayed out stuff yourself).

[quote=“gtaguy, post:15, topic:4499”]What about an automated repair arm? Fixes things in its reach of 5x5 automatically, but drains more power than a welding rig could ever hope for.

I just want to remove the tedium of fixing my plow every time I hit a bicycle.[/quote]

Don’t quote me on this, it may not be doable but something I’d like to do is add shock-absorbing armor which if I can do it will reduce the impact damage from sources (EG hitting a bicycle) by a certain amount. If anyone knows how to do this have at it. Though something else I’d like to see implemented is if your vehicle’s mass exceeds the mass of the vehicle it’s colliding with it should do considerably less damage to the heavy vehicle (and more to the light vehicle) for example have you ever seen a car run over a bicycle? The car doesn’t explode, even in a Michael Bay movie. I know that much.

So “ADD MORE MASS” goes back in effect?

I wasn’t aware it was ever out of effect. I just fail to see how colliding with even a golf cart should total a fucking vehicle, do you see the problem there?

Well it lost a bit of its effect in the last couple versions (and then started getting better again with shock).

It’s just the natural progression of things.

Cars crush bikes.
Semis crush cars.
Huge trucks crush semis.
Moving castles crush everything.