A new thing to make vehicles even more OPed!

[quote=“ChristopherWalken, post:20, topic:4499”]Well it lost a bit of its effect in the last couple versions (and then started getting better again with shock).

It’s just the natural progression of things.

Cars crush bikes.
Semis crush cars.
Huge trucks crush semis.
Moving castles crush everything.[/quote]

And bikes crush smart cars, what’s your point? Because I’m pretty sure this is the way it should be.

Are you just trying to start trouble?
You’re just trying to start trouble.

I know what you are.

[quote=“ChristopherWalken, post:22, topic:4499”]Are you just trying to start trouble?
You’re just trying to start trouble.

I know what you are.[/quote]

I can tell your easily aggroed or just being a very good troll…

You’re*

I made a remark and he keeps making aggressive posts trying to get a rise out of me because I’m against his kind.
I think it’s worth pointing out because he’s really bad at hiding it.

[quote=“ChristopherWalken, post:24, topic:4499”]You’re*

I made a remark and he keeps making aggressive posts trying to get a rise out of me because I’m against his kind.
I think it’s worth pointing out because he’s really bad at hiding it.[/quote]

Against my kind? You’ve made my day, I’m still laughing at that one. XD I wasn’t trying to anger you I was asking you if you thought larger vehicles shouldn’t be as damaged by smaller ones.

So yo are telling me that if I crash my 50 ton reinforced glass fortress a bike both should take heavy damage, instead of just crushing the bike to scrap metal under my wheels?

Cause I’m pretty sure reality doesn’t work that way.

[quote=“John Candlebury, post:26, topic:4499”]So yo are telling me that if I crash my 50 ton reinforced glass fortress into a bike both should take heavy damage, instead of just crushing the bike to scrap metal under my wheels?

Cause I’m pretty sure reality doesn’t work that way.[/quote]

Is that directed at me? It’s not clear.
If it is then you misunderstand me.
I’m not saying it’s wrong, I’m just saying we might be going back to colossal vehicles simply rolling over buildings.

[quote=“John Candlebury, post:26, topic:4499”]So yo are telling me that if I crash my 50 ton reinforced glass fortress a bike both should take heavy damage, instead of just crushing the bike to scrap metal under my wheels?

Well maybe the glass part… and frankly your frame is on the depressing side from a structural integrity point but I do agree with you overall.

[quote=“ChristopherWalken, post:27, topic:4499”][quote=“John Candlebury, post:26, topic:4499”]So yo are telling me that if I crash my 50 ton reinforced glass fortress into a bike both should take heavy damage, instead of just crushing the bike to scrap metal under my wheels?

Is that directed at me? It’s not clear.
If it is then you misunderstand me.
I’m not saying it’s wrong, I’m just saying we might be going back to colossal vehicles simply rolling over buildings.[/quote]

Again, you’re acting like that never changed. Large ass vehicles should be able to “roll over buildings” Hell, I’ve seen cars plow through buildings. I don’t see what your problem is. Are you saying the game was better when clipping a bush would spontaneously cause all the headlights on the vehicle to explode? Because I have to strongly disagree.

Oi, walker, tone down the hate or you might have to hang out with lazycat.

Meanwhile EVERYONE needs to take a chill pill.

The hull idea soundslike it would fit right in.

[quote=“GrizzlyAdamz, post:29, topic:4499”]Oi, walker, tone down the hate or you might have to hang out with lazycat.

Meanwhile EVERYONE needs to take a chill pill.

The hull idea soundslike it would fit right in.[/quote]

Polarizing the hull wouldn’t do shit in CDDA, no lasers (well yet) to be deflected. The only other hull plating I remember in Star Trek was the deployed shit they used in the Voyager finale and that stuff was “Future” for them, which pretty much guarantees it wouldn’t be available in-game.

Then again a concept I could use off that is liquid armor. Think of it as PA for vehicles. Ferromagnetic particles suspended in a Non-Newtonian fluid that when an electrical current is applied it becomes hard, that said that might not be very useful in vehicles but rather as a far more flexible “powered” armor…

I feel the need to simplify what you are doing to explain it to you.

Me: "We are going back to X"
Everyone: "Why do you hate X!?"
Me: "I don’t hate X"
Everyone: “STOP HATING X!”

Hence why Everyone needs that chill pill.

On-topic:
Not the polarized hull, the “strengthened bonds” thing. Sounds outlandish enough to go with everything else, and I too prefer that over an energy shield.

What about actually covering the surface of your vehicle with a teleporter screen thats linked to somewhere in other dimension or high in earths atmosphere, so instead of actually colliding with stuff you just portal cut the surfaces that come in “contact” with it. This possibly adheres to the lore and could allow for your interdimensional friends to visit.

No. XD

[quote=“ChristopherWalken, post:24, topic:4499”]I made a remark and he keeps making aggressive posts trying to get a rise out of me because I’m against his kind.
I think it’s worth pointing out because he’s really bad at hiding it.[/quote]

1. This very much looks like a simple misunderstanding.
  2. “I know what you are.” and “I’m against his kind” are out of line.
    Keep a lid on your whatever-hate in this forum.

rushes in with fire extinguisher

Why can’t we be friends?

That is all.

Given the future scenario in which Cataclysm takes place, I think magnetic shield wouldn’t be far off, maybe give it some trade-offs like costing lots of batteries or just plain heavier.
The portal shield sounds interesting too, basically the shield would active and deactivate thousand times per second, cutting the colliding objects into many thin pieces.

And remember, if we have portals then we should have nasties too :slight_smile:

Heh, that sounded kinda far-fetched, but as a mind exercise:

How much power does a bionic teleporter cost each time it’s used?

[quote=“GrizzlyAdamz, post:39, topic:4499”]Heh, that sounded kinda far-fetched, but as a mind exercise:

How much power does a bionic teleporter cost each time it’s used?[/quote]

Looks like 10 bionic power. Typical bionic power storage is 4; that’s about 8 hunger worth from MI or a few branches.

Thanks for asking; saw something in the code that’ll come in handy.