Some Vehicle-Themed Ideas

Had a handful of ideas between myself and a friend of mine and thought it’d be worth the time to type it up. Up to you folks to decide if it’s worth the time to read it :stuck_out_tongue: ANYWAY…

Vehicle Plow
Something akin to a snow-plow, But I doubt any of us think ‘snow’ in this case. Useable for pushing vehicles/etc out of the way of smaller size (Weight and actual size?) with the damage only being transferred to the plow rather than the rest of the vehicle. (So very tired of losing ten ton vehicles because I clipped a motorcycle…)

Random Loot in vehicles
Not a lot, just some stuff, gloves, napkins, the random crap people keep in their cars? Military-Themed junk in the Military Transports, School crap in school buses, and so on. Not asking for hordes akin to survivor RVs (though that might make for an interesting rare event) just /some/ loot in the not-so-destroyed vehicles.

Interior Radio/MP3 Player
Installed in the same fashion as horns maybe?

Wall-Mounted Containers
Because you can never have enough stuff.

Mine Flails
Not necessarily for ka-booming mines before you run them over but more for smashing zeds down and dead before they bounce off (And as a result break) your windshield.

Treads
…What it says on the tin, I just think there are occasions when traditional wheels have failed me. Plus a Half-Track might be interesting to have…

Firing slots
Something high enough that it doesn’t provide much a view when “open” but keeps the zeds out and allows you to fire out but allows projectiles to pass though (Both ways)

Fire Suppression Gear
Akin to water-pumps on fire-trucks, only practical for vehicles that have forward-mounted flamethrower turrets.

Mounted Rainwater catcher & purification
Since the water tanks you can install only take “clean” water the idea here would be something like the funnels except mounted on the vehicle, which is then (at an energy cost) turned into water for the tanks. Not sure how practical but it’s an idea.

Hydroponics
Again, not sure how practical but something of a mobile farm… Sitting still in the game makes me nervous. I like staying on the roads…

Amphibious Gear
Probably a snorkel per engine, a propeller, and some stuff to make it float. Probably impractical for larger vehicles.

Jury-Rigging
For when you’ve got duct-tape but not the proper parts. The “repaired” device has a chance of catastrophically (Engines explode, tires fall off and cause skids at speed, leaking liquid tanks, etc) failing but it’ll run for now.

Vehicle-Towing/Tow Points
I’d love to see Semis towing their trailers but what the main idea I had here was building and then driving Dead Reckoning though assorted towns.

There’s what I got, what do you folks think? Not sure how practical any of these are but it’s a thought.

I’d really like to a have a camera/screen system so one doesn’t have to use windshields. For ultimate turtling.

You know how there are helicopter crash sites all over the place? Why can’t we take the helicopter blades, attach it to an engine, and then attach it to your vehicle of choice and mow down the undead?

I would like to add in:

[size=12pt]Mirrors[/size]

[quote=“GrizzlyAdamz, post:4, topic:3254”]I would like to add in:

[size=12pt]Mirrors[/size][/quote]

And how would they work?

Random Loot in Vehicles

Yes please. All my want. I constantly poke around in abandoned vehicles hoping someone would add this but never find anything. Would have the same spawn lists as a house + maybe more tools and random car parts.

This is probably a nightmare to code though, since a vehicle isn’t a location.

[quote=“StopSignal, post:5, topic:3254”][quote=“GrizzlyAdamz, post:4, topic:3254”]I would like to add in:

And how would they work?[/quote]

Well, they could get a direction on installing like headlights have currently. Then they could give a reflective line of sight relative from where the player is positioned, following the angle of incidence is equal to the angle of reflection thingy. No idea if that is codeable though. The wideness of the sight cone would depend on the mirror size, if there would be different ones.

Thought I’d throw another out there…

V12 Engines.

Build your own Viper.

EDIT: Whoop my mistake. Viper is only a V10.

[quote=“An0n3, post:9, topic:3254”]Build your own Viper.

EDIT: Whoop my mistake. Viper is only a V10.[/quote]

WHY NOT V10s TOO?!

…I just need something that can pull ten tons of steel without draining the state dry of gasoline.

[quote=“EkarusRyndren, post:10, topic:3254”]WHY NOT V10s TOO?!

…I just need something that can rocket into the side of a building and explode at the speed of light.[/quote]

Fixed that for you

[quote=“An0n3, post:11, topic:3254”][quote=“EkarusRyndren, post:10, topic:3254”]WHY NOT V10s TOO?!

…I just need something that can rocket into the side of a building and explode at the speed of light.[/quote]

Fixed that for you[/quote]

Well that one isn’t that hard, you make and fill nine gas tanks on the front end of the vehicle in a 3 by 3 block. Stick a handful of powerful engines in it and wait… We need race-car harness too…

[quote=“Moddan, post:7, topic:3254”][quote=“StopSignal, post:5, topic:3254”][quote=“GrizzlyAdamz, post:4, topic:3254”]I would like to add in:

And how would they work?[/quote]

Well, they could get a direction on installing like headlights have currently. Then they could give a reflective line of sight relative from where the player is positioned, following the angle of incidence is equal to the angle of reflection thingy. No idea if that is codeable though. The wideness of the sight cone would depend on the mirror size, if there would be different ones.[/quote]

Pretty much this- mountable/pointed like flashlights. I also have no idea how to go about it.

Hey, off-topic: how does one set the direction of a headlight?

Point in one direction of said car and press enter. Preferably point light where the front of the car is.

I beg your pardon, but could you explain that in a couple more steps? I don’t get any kind of indication I pressed a directional button after I (i)nstall the headlight, and with 4 flashlights on my rig I only see a single beam.

Erm… manuver the pointer in the direction of the front of the car. No idea how I can explain this better…

BTW I’m terrible at explaining.

Pointer?
Hey, thanks for your help anyways sir, you’re taking time out to write the word yah?

My apologies for hijacking the thread a little bit here.

–Edit
Ah, mk I figured it out. You (i)nstall it, press (enter), maneuver the pointer, and then press (enter) again.

Rebar Cage Armour
An alternative to planting. More affordable resource-wise, light, less protection.

Dozer Blade
Jackhammer effect on contact with wall, uproots shrubs and trees. Works well only with
strudy, powerful vehicle. Alternatively a dedicated machine, bulldozer, avaliable at Public Works.

Tractor
Plough fields and zombies.

Monster Truck
Two tile wheels. Smaller creatures might pass under the chassis without being squished. Would probably demand a special code to work.

Combine Harvester
A source of super large wheels for your monster truck.

[quote=“Baltazargompka, post:18, topic:3254”]Dozer Blade
Jackhammer effect on contact with wall, uproots shrubs and trees. Works well only with
strudy, powerful vehicle. Alternatively a dedicated machine, bulldozer, avaliable at Public Works.[/quote]

Inb4 dozers become the only vehicle anyone drives, ever.

A plough would be pretty cool, for farming obviously.