A gentleman's guide to brawling

I am considering getting back into weapon creation, it was fun, but tedious, College has picked up and I’m not left with much free time, but coding has become something I want to go back to doing, so I present to you a list of weapons a man may have to use, some are in the game already, but some are not, those that are not will be what I work on, feel free to suggest anything I missed!

Even I need to bash a head in every now and then, and sometimes not even my brutish strength and razor sharp wit are enough, sometimes I have to resort to the unthinkable, BRAWLING.
For those uninitiated in the art of brawling, I shall explain.
Brawling is the art of fighting your fellow man, or undead in this case, with objects not thought to be weapons.
Umbrellas, glass bottles, walking canes, letter openers, all of these are weapons that may come to hand if you are attacked in your study, but outside of the home, there are many weapons that may came to hand too!
Rocks and branches are commonly used to fend off adversaries when outside, but other things can be just as good!
Fence posts are an unwieldy but effective club, when you’re as strong as me, it’s no problem to bash skulls with one of those!
Bicycles can provide you with bike chains and handlebars bike chains would be useful against fellow humans, but the undead would prove less affected

Bricks make effective throwing weapons and can be used as a crude blunt weapon, if you’re near an old building or a construction site, these prove plentiful.
Of course, sometimes these items aren’t enough, but we do have the ability to craft! To create mighty weapons worthy of fear, a few simple items can be combined for devastating results!

By combining simple objects, like a chain, a lock and a plank of wood, we can create a crude flail, adding a few nails or some barbed wire, and now our humble flail has become a weapon that shall stab, cut and crush the foes that dare stand in our paths, adding some rags and fuel, and now that flail is also a burning manifestation of our wrath!

The possibilities to improve upon designs in endless, adding a new devastating element to your rapier by modifying it shishkebab style, going from a rapier to the mighty [glow=red,2,300]Burning Needle![/glow]

Your weapon should not be seen as a tool, it should say something about you, in my case, my rapier “Abaddon” tells people I move fast, and I love to set things on fire, on the other hand, an electrified axe says you should run…run for the hills.

LINKS TO PASTEBIN COMING LATER [size=4pt]probably…[/size]

+1 to bricks.

How have we not added that yet?

Indeed, +1 bricks-- and half-bricks. Slightly less damage, less dispersion and further range.

Also letter openers might be fun. Maybe as a replacement for butter knives in crafting recipes too.

I love when the item durability system will be in the game.

At the moment, you have so many items that would make great emergency weapons (screwdriver, frying pans, chains, wrenches, umbrellas) but those never come into play because our pipe never bends and our baseball bat never cracks.
I’d love to shatter my quarterstaff on a fat zombie’s head and then be in a desperate situation and grab for anything that could defend me in that moment.

And I’d love to be that anything to be a brick.

So +1 to bricks.

[quote=“Rookie, post:4, topic:5095”]I love when the item durability system will be in the game.

At the moment, you have so many items that would make great emergency weapons (screwdriver, frying pans, chains, wrenches, umbrellas) but those never come into play because our pipe never bends and our baseball bat never cracks.
I’d love to shatter my quarterstaff on a fat zombie’s head and then be in a desperate situation and grab for anything that could defend me in that moment.

And I’d love to be that anything to be a brick.

So +1 to bricks.[/quote]when the durability system gets implemented i predict many players switching to unarmed. that being said, i still think it’s a good idea.