64e98cb - Accelerated Needs?

Just updated to cataclysmdda-0.B-2601

Vehicle singularity seems to persist.
Hunger and Thirst increment seems vastly inflated?
Sleep not restoring fatigue?

Dying from hunger or thirst or exhaustion seems inevitable at the moment.

By persist do you mean a save you loaded previously still has messed up vehicles, or loading a backup of the save from before the problem still makes them collapse?
The first is expected, there’s no way to fix your save once it’s been messed up I’m afraid.

:confused:

I can’t seem to replicate any of these issues in a different save game. Apologies. There must be an issue with that character. I recently became a Marloss vector?

And the car thing must be because that save game came from a version where that was an issue.

I had the hunger/thirst/exhaustion thing happen on one of my recent characters, I believe it was from an experimental around 2550 or so. You just get insanely hungry/thirsty, in fact you get more hunger cooking a lump of meat than you do eating it, and die inevitably of exhaustion or thirst. It hasn’t happened since then so I thought it was fixed and never reported it.

I had that happen to me, too.
Found in my player file that I had contracted parasites.
There seem to be some undocumented / unfinished status effects in the game.

{ "type": "effect_type", "id": "tapeworm", "rating": "bad", "base_mods": { "hunger_chance": [50], "hunger_min": [1] } }, { "type": "effect_type", "id": "bloodworms", "rating": "bad", "base_mods": { "thirst_tick": [100], "thirst_min": [1], "h_mod_chance": [512], "h_mod_min": [-10] } }, { "type": "effect_type", "id": "brainworm", "rating": "bad", "base_mods": { "pain_chance": [512], "pain_min": [2], "pain_max": [8], "h_mod_chance": [512], "h_mod_min": [-10] } }, { "type": "effect_type", "id": "paincysts", "rating": "bad", "base_mods": { "pain_chance": [256], "pain_min": [1], "pain_max": [4], "fatigue_chance": [256], "fatigue_min": [1] } }, { "type": "effect_type", "id": "tetanus", "rating": "bad", "resist_effect": "valium", "base_mods": { "dex_mod": [-4, 0] } },
They don’t show up in the status screen and their effects are extremly frustrating/ debilitating.
Proably should be removed until they are actually finished.
Editing your playerfile and removing those effects fixed my character.

That’s quite intentional. Most can be identified with the blood filter CBM, but you generally have to diagnose them by their symptoms, just like in real life.

Yeah, but its not mentioned anywhere.
Without any feedback you suddenly can’t eat enough to survive or just lose 5 points of dex.
It just feels like a bug and is incredibly frustrating if you do not know what exactly is going on.
There really should be some kind of ingame message about those things.

They already give you various messages.

When the game starts telling you that your joints ache, you’re coughing all the time, and your vision is getting blurry, it just might be trying to tell you something.

[quote=“Rivet, post:8, topic:8536”]They already give you various messages.

When the game starts telling you that your joints ache, you’re coughing all the time, and your vision is getting blurry, it just might be trying to tell you something.[/quote]

I never got any of those parasite messages when it happened to me, though.

Mea culpa!

It looks like our parasites lost their symptom messages when diseases got moved from C++ to .json.

I’ll PR a fix for it this evening.

edit: Managed to locate the effects (still hidden) in the code. I’m not sure why you’re not seeing them, other than perhaps they’re uncommon enough that you’re just not rolling high enough on the RNG. I’ll tweak the occurrence rates instead.