3x3 Large Military Bases

So, we all probably live near some base with a ton of people living there in relative suburban abodes.

The military bases in the game seem pretty small. The labs are huge, but the military bases are tiny.

We’ve got FEMA camps, but that’s not what I’m talking about. I think it’d be groovy if there were military bases as large as labs with chicken walker robots, lots of turrets, a real high risk/reward situation.

What do you folks think?

YES

The most +1 I can ever give anything.

The military base I lived on IRL spanned multiple counties.

We could likely warp the city generation code to make a military themed city and call it a military base.
To do so we need a general idea of the shape a base should take, and buildings to populate it with.

You have my full support. I will add so many suggestions if someone actually commits to this.

Well there would be an airstrip for starters, and hangers, barracks, a few roads here and there, some houses for families, maybe a small school…

Well, the only person I know who’s been in the military is probably Clayton. That and my dad, but that’s out of the question.

But then how would the player know it was a military city?

Why is your dad out of the question.

Military bases have a lot of specific buildings; exchanges, commissaries, canteens (like, refreshment place), dusty bowling allies and movie theaters, military gear stores (selling fatigues, military gear like holsters, rucksacks, suit bags, ect.) and they have guard posts along major intersections and stuff like that.

Along with barracks (could easily be made in Cataclysm; just rows of beds, long rectangle building, and maybe some kind of storage furniture for each bed) and other things of the military nature that probably wouldn’t make sense in CDDA (administrative offices, museums and memorials, ect.)

I love the idea.

Yes please. For one thing it would provide a place to encounter said robots that I’ve never seen.

[quote=“Clayton, post:8, topic:4852”]Military bases have a lot of specific buildings; exchanges, commissaries, canteens (like, refreshment place), dusty bowling allies and movie theaters, military gear stores (selling fatigues, military gear like holsters, rucksacks, suit bags, ect.) and they have guard posts along major intersections and stuff like that.

Along with barracks (could easily be made in Cataclysm; just rows of beds, long rectangle building, and maybe some kind of storage furniture for each bed) and other things of the military nature that probably wouldn’t make sense in CDDA (administrative offices, museums and memorials, ect.)[/quote]

Yeah, that’s pretty much what all standard military bases look like it seems. Although a lot of the training bases and shit in the far outback here in Australia really look a lot like abandoned towns until you go into the basements.

Adding footlockers would be cool…

[quote=“Kevin Granade, post:4, topic:4852”]We could likely warp the city generation code to make a military themed city and call it a military base.
To do so we need a general idea of the shape a base should take, and buildings to populate it with.[/quote]

Somewhat relevant mid city Quarantine zone done for my dungeon:

What’s the green vehicle?

One of those new humvees