[32x32] MSX DEAD PEOPLE Tileset

Use Undead_People tileset.
Dead_People always gets replaced by old version when you update the game.

1 Like
Okay, here is the

t̴̶̨̀ḩ̷i͏̛ǹ̶̵̡g̸̴̢

5 Likes

jchh
but for real though that’s top-notch work

2 Likes

WTF!!! IS THAT??!!!:scream::scream::scream::scream::scream:

Oof man, when did you add that? Just fought the thing a couple days ago and I totally forgot what it looked like ( it looked exactly like this though) because it was in the dark and I almost died too…

Working on huge update for tileset. Stole this idea from Chesthole tileset. :wink:
Now any item, when wielded, will be shown on the player, even if no “overlay_wielded” tile is present.
Downside of this is that many items are too big, and will look comically big when player is holding them. :smiley:
But i think it is way better then not to see player holding them at all.

5 Likes

I find myself forced to disagree. I’m a big fan of the way that this tileset shows wielded items; it seems organic, for lack of a better term, and looks very good on the character be it a longsword or a clarinet. I use a few mods that add items for which no tile has been created (primarily Aftershock) and thus no wielded item overlay. It’s kind of silly that I’m just firing my hard-light longbow’s arrows from what looks to be bare hands, but it’s preferable to having my character sprite covered up with a big, out-of-place parenthesis.

That said, your tileset, omae. You do you; it’s still my favorite one.

I do not think any item what do not have tiles at all will be shown, so no worries. This is only for existing items in my tileset, what do not have wielded graphics.
And ofcourse items what already have graphics for wielded state will not be affected. Only the ones what was invisible when you were wielding them.

Yeah, and ofcourse you will not see giant letter on your character, if you wield an item what do not have tile yet.
If it was the case, i would be wielding giant D in my hands on any playthrough. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Comfy +1

5 Likes

This game just became cuter. Do I need to redownload my version of the tileset to get this feature?

1 Like

Yes, always redownload from my github.

Hello everyone’s, I new in this game and how works things, so I have to every week re-download this tiles to get the updates? And the “zets hair mod” still working and being updated?
Thanks everyone. (Sorry for bad English :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

1 Like

Yeah, contents are published in his github, not in the main repo :wink:

1 Like

Also, do you know about zets hairs mod? (If you not thanks anyway)

I never use that mod, so I have no idea how it works…

Zethair is old and abandoned mod. My tileset does support it, but i have no idea if mod is working or not. You can find links latest versions of the mod (what was fixed by my buddy) on my github, but even them are old and i have no idea if they work with latest experimental.

1 Like

Also we now have visual for wielded books.
It even gonna look like your character looking inside the book when he is holding it.

2 Likes

Regarding the hair mod: GearheadLydia on the discord slightly-fixed it for 0.D+, available here.

2 Likes

There might be a sight bug with hair in the tileset : If you’re bald and have a duffel bag on your back there’s a line around the head (where hair should be I guess) that are transparent. Basically the duffel does not appear to continue behind the head of player as expected.

Yes, this is cause all worn things were designed for default character sprite who had hair before. Now default character is bald, so all worn thing need to be tweaked for it.