[32x32] MSX DEAD PEOPLE Tileset

i just want to make sure im using your tileset right. i just put the master folder in gfx and choose in graphics tab, correct? i really enjoy this one :wink:

You put gfx folder from my github to your cataclysm instalation folder (where exe is located).
It will ask you to overwright files. Say yes.
Then in the game choose UNDEAD_PEOPLE tileset.

2 Likes

Okay, boys and ghouls, change of plans.
I decided to still continue Dead People tileset in it’s current style!
While i still working on another tileset, i would hate to see how more and more tiles appear in the game without graphics. This is something i do not want to see in various let’s plays what i watch. So Dead People is still going, new stuff from vanilla will be added soon.

I have interesting idea about new tileset. It has a name now, it is Grim Reality. It is going to be, maybe, addon to Dead People, and that way i do not need to maintain two separate tilesets, and people who do not like bubbleheads (people like me :hugs:) can just plug it in in mods.
Ofcourse if i am also gonna update Dead People it will take some time before i can release Grim Reality to the public. I am still very interested in new look and will work on it when there is no new content for Cataclysm and some major mods.

14 Likes

Thank you so very much for this! I cannot express in words how happy this news makes me or how truly grateful I am.

6 Likes

I just registered for this, SomeDeadGuy big, big thank you for your work! Great news!

2 Likes

Thank you, your the best! also good luck on the tileset! i really love new updates!

1 Like

Sounds good, SomeDeadGuy! Keep us updated… :wink:

Ill try to send SomeDeadGuy the base psd of the edits for my mod, so he can choose to replace base ones or use as you want ^^

Also as i said in my mod page ill be busy (and im making things for stellaris too) but ill retake the mod as soon as i can!

(These ones)

2 Likes

Awesome! I’ll be waiting!

What mob is that evil Johnny 5 looking guy at the top for? (they all look good btw, but that one caught my eye)

Those 5 + the scientist are from my mod, basically 4 zombie-cyborgs (more machine than zombie) plus one of the drones from the blob-corrupted AI that made them
I hope i can re-take this in nov-dec, had a lot of ideas in mind. https://imgur.com/a/bzMlZQW

2 Likes

New style looks awesome! I gotta admit I’m more of fan of the lither styles for sprites. Gives me a Deon vibe from his tileset for Rogue Survivor.

Trying to make fire better.

5 Likes

Wish there was the option to make things like fire play from a Sprite sheet so it could have some animation :slight_smile:

Or at least random tiles for fire. But it can be only one tile or collection of connected tiles.

1 Like

Could you please show connected fire tiles?

No connected tiles for this one.

That sounds good too, I could think of plenty of things that would be useful for, like a book reading animation overlay etc, definitely a feature I look forward too aside from tileset compatibility for the over map :slight_smile:

Could we have new sprites for faux fur gear (furry brown/gray instead of purple/pink)? They look so hideous it’s unruly.

Or maybe even something like this.

Faux fur is “garlishly colored”. So you know…