1799: Gallon Jug won't hold water

I just emptied a gallon jug of ammonia then tried to fill it with water. It goes through the process of filling it with water, but when I look at it in my inventory it shows it to be empty.

Got this too. 1796

Still in 1806 it wastes the water and also works for gasoline and jerrycans I’m sure that this is an issue with all the liquids atm. However it works with regular bottles.

Unloading from a bottle to a gallon jug doesn’t work as well.

I don’t have this problem in 1813 updated from 1774.

Seems to be fixed now.

Never mind, the jug holds water but the 55 gallon drum won’t.

Which version are you looking at? I just looked at the JSON and it appears to have all the flags it needs.

On github there’s a issue about being unable to fill something, if container is welded. Seems that our case. Gonna test if fixed.

That seems to be the issue, and I’m poking at it. The inventory code is seriously screwey, and interfering with a clean fix to the problem.

I’m curious.

To anyone with this problem: Can you fill them using a funnel in the rain?

You mean wielded right? Because I was confused there for a second thinking that by welded you meant reinforced.

Just merged a fix. Update and let us know if there’s still problems, please.

The specific problem was that if you were wielding (holding in your hands) a container, it would fail to accept liquid you tried to pour into it.
The technical issue was that the item the player is wielding (internally refered to as player::weapon) is treated specially, and the code that operates on inventory/weapon/clothes had a bug where it would make a copy of player::weapon instead of storing a reference to it. Later on the code would try to act on this copy instead of on the real weapon.

You mean wielded right? Because I was confused there for a second thinking that by welded you meant reinforced.[/quote]

Yes, misstyped.

Tested galon jugs, plastic jerrycans and 3L jar’s - all working as they should. Thank you KA101.

You mean wielded right? Because I was confused there for a second thinking that by welded you meant reinforced.[/quote]

Yes, misstyped.

Tested galon jugs, plastic jerrycans and 3L jar’s - all working as they should. Thank you KA101.[/quote]

Thank Kevin, he found and wrote the fix. :wink:

I express my gratitude to everyone involved in fixing that annoying bug :slight_smile: