Cannot install a filled metal tank as fuel tank

0.A, SDL, Win 7
I decided to place the fuel tanks of my slightly modified flatbed truck at the inside of the vehicle,
so I removed one of them to weld it in another tile.
However, it was partially filled, and when I want to attach it, the menu shows I have no metal tank,
but its next to me on the ground, I even tried it with my hands on it.
Still it says I have no metal tank.

Greetings

I think it works properly if you unload the tank first, though this looks like a waste of some good fuel.

You can pour the fuel into another container.

Thats what I figured out so far, still not sure if bug or feature.
(I mean yeah, wielding a filled gastank to something can be quite dangerous, I think, but Cata does not stop me from trying stupid tricks.)

[quote=“Profitablius, post:4, topic:5302”]Thats what I figured out so far, still not sure if bug or feature.
(I mean yeah, wielding a filled gastank to something can be quite dangerous, I think, but Cata does not stop me from trying stupid tricks.)[/quote]

BRB, Welding a tank full of fuel into a vehicle.

In other news, Survivor McSalsaChunks applied for a Darwin award today.
Turns out they’ll need to award it to a few square acres of blasted heath instead of a tombstone.

Well on the bright side my car doesn’t need that gas tank any more.

I suppose it could be made safer if done through the use of duct tape. Though that wouldn’t hold together any more than taped ducks.

Anyways this wont work with ducttape, too. So I still see this as a bug, not a feature :smiley:

You’re not supposed to use it on ducts either.
Fuel lines should be A-OK though.

I still think it should be possible, because I do not want cata to stop my while I do stupid things.
Maybe with a nice “Do you want to blow up yourself by welding a higly flammable tank to a vehicle (Y/N)”

Made an issue out of it.

I’ve recently discovered a relevant Darwin Award that has already been awarded: http://www.darwinawards.com/darwin/darwin2013-01.html.