[0xB] Zombies dissapeared

Unfortunately cant provide the save file so if its needed then this is probably a bit useless

Created a world, static spawn, no hordes, static NPCs, classic zombies. All other options default I think. Had the no zombie revivication mod on. Playing for a few days to test out the new version and it was going well.

Decided to make a second world, same options but had both the zombie removing mods on to test if they worked. Worked fine, nothing but wildlife around.

Loaded original world back up and went looting, there were no zombies anywhere, even in areas I’d not yet explored, thought it was a bit odd. Saved and quit, deleted the world with both the zombie removal mods installed and loaded the original world back up, no zombies in areas I’d explored but they were in areas I’d not explored.

Sorry if that was a bit lengthy, I’m not entirely sure what could have possibly caused this, if it was absolutely anything to do with one of the mods somehow interacting with more than one world save at a time or a bug in the stable build.
Has this happened to anyone else and is anyone able to recreate it?

Apparently mods can somehow “bleed” between the worlds. I’m pretty sure it was reported before, though I can’t find the thread.
When in doubt, close the game between loading saves with different sets of mods.

Pretty sure we nailed that in the experimentals. Thanks though.

I’ll be careful about what mods I’m using then just in case it happens again.
I checked to see if I’d accidentally downloaded an experimental build, but I am definitely on the current stable

[quote=“SeigeLion, post:4, topic:8177”]I’ll be careful about what mods I’m using then just in case it happens again.
I checked to see if I’d accidentally downloaded an experimental build, but I am definitely on the current stable[/quote]

Then you don’t have the fix, and in that case the workaround is to close and relaunch DDA before changing mod loadouts.

I’m having the same problem. Yesterday, I installed the latest stable (0B Brin) version, but I can’t seem to get any zombies to show up in my games. There are NPCs (at least one in each of the games I’ve tried) and animals (weasels and such, at least), but no zombies.

I’ve certainly done that. In fact, I closed the game and deleted the entire world I’d created the first time, then started all over. Still no zombies. I’m starting in town, so it’s pretty obvious. Besides, this can’t have anything to do with loading saves, because I haven’t loaded any save games.

Note that I do have monsters turned off, but I thought that meant just the weird Lovecraftian stuff.

Those are very similar to my options, but I didn’t choose “classic zombies,” just “no monsters.” For me, however, I haven’t had zombies at all, right from the start. Two different worlds, three different starts, still no zombies. (Well, I haven’t gone too far in this game, but since my character started in town, there should have been some zombies around by now.)

I suppose I’ll delete everything and reinstall the game again. This is the first version of Cataclysm I’ve ever had a problem with (admittedly, I don’t play it all the time).

Any suggestions if that doesn’t work?

Gonna take a wild guess and bet that “no monsters” did exactly what you asked: no monsters, and zeds qualify. :wink:

Really? What would be the point of playing a zombie survival game if there were no zombies - or, indeed, anything else dangerous? Why would that option even be included in the game?

At any rate, you’re saying that there’s no way to play Cataclysm with zombies, but without the weird Lovecraftian stuff? Well, I guess I could play with “classic zombies,” huh? OK, I’ll give that a try. Thanks.

Because some people just want to have a wilderness survival game? :stuck_out_tongue:

You could also crack open data/json/monstergroups.json in any text editor (I recommend Notepad++) and delete any lines that include monsters that you don’t want to spawn.

Cataclysm isn’t a zombie survival game, its an alternate reality apocalypse survival game, but that’s kinda pointless to state I guess since you can play Cataclysm however you want.

On topic though, there might be a mod to remove just the Lovecraftian stuff, if it exists and you can find it then download it, although I’m not too clear on adding new mods to your game so someone else might be able to give you better advice on that. If a mod to remove Eldritch horrors and demons doesn’t currently exist then it would be appreciated if someone did that since I would also enjoy a Cataclysm game with just Zombies and I’m sure plenty of other people would like the option.

But yes the option to remove all monsters is available because Cataclysm is a game that you can play however you want, I currently have a game set up as wilderness survival, no monsters at all and I’m enjoying it as much as my games with monsters in, it’s a different kind of experience to regular Cataclysm.

Also I believe someone else tried removing any lines of code that related to monsters and they said it caused their game to crash, even with a new world, although it may have been before Json. I don’t know very much about the code or Json files though, would that work to remove specific monsters with Json editing?

No problem. The more options the better. I just didn’t understand what “no monsters” meant. I also didn’t understand how that differed from “classic zombies,” which I’m playing now (but on an earlier version of the game, for a couple of different reasons).

With “classic zombies,” I’m still getting different types of zombies. That’s good, though it’s also not what I was expecting. There are a few types I haven’t seen, but I haven’t played enough to tell if I just haven’t run into them yet. We’ll see.

I usually play Cataclysm with the default options - pretty much, at least - and no mods. So it’s no problem, either way. As I say, I just didn’t understand what that mod was supposed to do.

PS. If you want to play a wilderness survival game, have you tried UnReal World? That’s also a lot of fun.

No problem. The more options the better. I just didn’t understand what “no monsters” meant. I also didn’t understand how that differed from “classic zombies,” which I’m playing now (but on an earlier version of the game, for a couple of different reasons).

With “classic zombies,” I’m still getting different types of zombies. That’s good, though it’s also not what I was expecting. There are a few types I haven’t seen, but I haven’t played enough to tell if I just haven’t run into them yet. We’ll see.

I usually play Cataclysm with the default options - pretty much, at least - and no mods. So it’s no problem, either way. As I say, I just didn’t understand what that mod was supposed to do.

PS. If you want to play a wilderness survival game, have you tried UnReal World? That’s also a lot of fun.[/quote]

Last I knew, URW is paid. DDA is not. :wink:

Actually URW has been free for a couple of years now. The author does request donations to keep the updates coming though.