0.B - Survival Trenchcoat - Bad values

The Survivors trenchcoat has Armour Bash: 4 Cut: 9, while a leather vest offers 9-9. Is this a typo or did someone think their leather vest is better protection than a leather coat embedded with kevlar plates and reinforced with additional leather straps?

This leaves me with having to deal with 9mm turrets with either power armor, or my winter suit (18-27 I think, which as far I can tell is the exact same thing as a survivor trench, but with a layer of fur…not that much extra bulletproofing)

I’ll check it out this evening.

Admittedly, I always assumed the survival trenchcoat was really more for storage and keeping spores off of you than actual armour per se.

It’s a bit of both.

Pure leather items are already kinda bad - power creep made them obsolete. They could use some good items.

[quote=“Coolthulhu, post:5, topic:8590”]Pure leather items are already kinda bad - power creep made them obsolete. They could use some good items.[/quote]I thought kevlar made them obselete, like in real life?
The leather items work well enough as far as i can see. Their outer armors for them were a staple for my character’s protection up until i got the skill and resources for survival stuff (which, being a mix of kevlar and leather should be reasonably tough)

For sure iceball3.

I think a value between a kevlar vest and a leather anything would be appropriate, as per the fact that it is both, but it is a “loose” piece of armour (not secured to you like a vest or suit).

Maybe something along the lines of 12-18 maybe?

[quote=“Magistrate, post:7, topic:8590”]For sure iceball3.

I think a value between a kevlar vest and a leather anything would be appropriate, as per the fact that it is both, but it is a “loose” piece of armour (not secured to you like a vest or suit).

Maybe something along the lines of 12-18 maybe?[/quote]

One pesky issue is that we don’t set armor values directly: instead, they’re derived from the materials involved and the “thickness” of the gear. Rivet thickened the survivor trenchcoat to uparmor it.