0.5 Update

Just wondering when is it expected to be out? what new things are being adding. I’am excited :slight_smile:

The best answer to that is: “When it’s done/ready”.
Or
S.O.O.N[sup]TM[/sup] (Soon Or Otherwise Never)

Changelog which may or may not be 100% accurate: https://github.com/TheDarklingWolf/Cataclysm-DDA/blob/master/data/changelog.txt

I think there are a few bugfixes that didn’t make it into that changelog, not sure if any features were missed, either.

No idea when DarklingWolf will decide it’s ready for a release, though.

I’m eager to know when the next version will be out… since I’m hoping it’ll fix temperatures or give me a means to sleep and not be numb from cold all the time. I’ve stopped playing due to that and am waiting for the next update.

you’ve played .4 right?

i put on an extra sweater, jeans and a scarf and sleep on a bed, haven’t been woken up in quite some time.

temp’s are indeed ‘fixed’, some extra clothing is coming out so you can outfit a bit better

Yeah, I was playing 0.4. If temperature is “fixed” in what I was playing, then I can’t imagine how much trouble it was when it was still broken. As the temperature got lower and lower (40-something degrees on the 9th day of spring), it couldnt’ seem to find enough clothes to stay warm. At times I couldn’t get warm enough and other times what I was wearing would make me too hot (which for some reason at times led to me to wake up in the morning with 50 pain). As a last resort I cheated in the internal climate control CBM, which worked but used up huge amounts of power… and eventually I just figured it wasn’t worth the trouble and decided I’d wait to see if things were any better in the next version.

several factors effect your overall warmth btw: ranging from pain to disease to hunger and thirst.

a ripped sweater also does not provide as much warmth as a repaired on as far as I can tell.

10 days into spring and my character is comfortable with a hoodie, t-shirt, jeans, gloves and a hat. at 40F that’s okay with me!

Something must be up with my game then… at higher temperatures than 40F I recall being forced to wear a sweater + hoodie + trenchcoat to stay warm.

We just had 0.4 a few weeks ago, I wouldn’t expect 0.5 any time soon.

hit the @ button to look and see where your character is losing heat. What i mean is if you are decked out in winter gear in spring but your face isnt covered then you can technically be cold and get a cold face. I recommend getting a scarf or bandana for your mouth and if your head is cold then fur hats work really well.

hit the @ button to look and see where your character is losing heat. What i mean is if you are decked out in winter gear in spring but your face isnt covered then you can technically be cold and get a cold face. I recommend getting a scarf or bandana for your mouth and if your head is cold then fur hats work really well.[/quote]
Yeah, you can be wrapped up to the gills and still have a cold face and hands if you haven’t found any gloves or a something yet. At only 17*C too.

What the…? I started the game back up and checked my clothes. I was cold everywhere. I took off all my clothes and suddenly I’m comfortable.

[quote=“Nopkar, post:7, topic:980”]several factors effect your overall warmth btw: ranging from pain to disease to hunger and thirst.

a ripped sweater also does not provide as much warmth as a repaired on as far as I can tell.

10 days into spring and my character is comfortable with a hoodie, t-shirt, jeans, gloves and a hat. at 40F that’s okay with me![/quote]

In my first ever game, which was on 0.4 (since I j ust started a few days ago), I was in a situation where it was 20c out (uh… 60-65f?) and having a cold face/head >.> now I will state I didnt have anything on my face or head, but… at that temperature I shouldnt have to

Having a cold face and head incurs no penalty; so no, you don’t have to.

Yeah, there is a strange bug where, after loading a game, temps are messed. I am not sure what is going on with that; sometimes I start the game with blisters everywhere, but only for a turn or two.

Yeah, there is a strange bug where, after loading a game, temps are messed. I am not sure what is going on with that; sometimes I start the game with blisters everywhere, but only for a turn or two.[/quote]

Could maybe be an uninitialized variable somewhere? That’s what I’d check first.

e.g., that was causing a particular temporary-ish vehicle variable to get crazy values, which I think is the cause of “stopping out of map vehicle” spam that happens sometimes (with Linux gcc, at least).

i don’t have the parts for a stove yet, but can you light a stove and sleep to keep warm? if we are being realistic it should not take that much wood to keep a small stove lit over night to add a little warmth.

how do we find out what is on target to be in .5?

To see what has been added since 0.4, you can look at the data/changelog.txt file in github (sorry, no linkie), we’re getting better about adding things to it as features are added. As for a roadmap of things between now and 0.5 release, not even we (the devs) know the answer to that ;D