Wow... schools are depressing

[quote=“Iosyn, post:38, topic:5039”]>Implying school isn’t modern day dwarven childcare.

Edit: And people seriously wonder why there are school shootings like columbine? I don’t know if it’s shitty kids, teachers or parents to blame. Probably all three.[/quote]
Most definitely.
“Sticks and stones may break your bones but words leave lasting mental scars that stay with you for life.”

I got the full spectrum treatment in my 12 years of public school

1-5: bullied, dealt with it in a way that would make Gandhi proud
6-8: little bullying mostly passive-aggressive people
9-12: no bullies people are nice :slight_smile:

from my experience at least it is just a matter of people being people; sometimes they’re dick, sometimes they arnt’.

[quote=“John Candlebury, post:39, topic:5039”]Wait… What? My knowledge outdated this fast?
NOOOOO00000…[/quote]
I think we use something called the Human Development Index now. IIRC it is based on things like average life expectancy.

I got bullied off and on through middle school, until I stopped caring what people thought of me at all. (Within reason, I’m not about to go streaking through a shopping mall because I don’t care about being embarrassed)

[quote=“TheFlame52, post:44, topic:5039”]I got bullied off and on through middle school, until I stopped caring what people thought of me at all. (Within reason, I’m not about to go streaking through a shopping mall because I don’t care about being embarrassed)[/quote]that makes one of you! XD

I like how this thread has been so derailed that it landed on an entirely new set of rails. I approve.

well, streaking is an interesting subject.

No, it landed in the road. This train thinks it is a car.

I found school bullying to be worse when I went to a public middle school just because you ended up with larger scale racial tensions/culture clashes, as well as a sense that the parents of the public schooled didn’t give a damn.

My adventures in a private High School were actually petty good as most of the guys of my class ended up in a single well knit group with a stable hierarchy. There was also the possibility of blowback on your family honor (and financial standing with the school) that seemed to help regulate people from making too much an ass of themselves.

Oh, and First World/Second World/Third World has somewhat lost it’s initial meaning to imply NATO Nations (1st), Soviet Bloc (2nd), and the Unincorporated (3rd) However the Second World basically fell apart with the collapsing Soviet Union and the end of the Cold War, making the classification anachronistic. Though the term ‘Third World Country’ has somewhat retained a negative connotation of being a backwards and relatively unimportant land.

Also, I’m impressed to hear that your character can actually ‘get over’ killing zombie children after you mow through enough of them.

I loved bullying. Picking on the little nerds! Why don’t you lift bro!

Sarcasm doesn’t carry over the internet. I hope that was a joke.

YES! I was starting to think I was the only one!

Nothing like messing with your “friends” for a good laugh!

This post may contain dishonesty

I am coming back tomorrow. I will be expecting lunch money this time.

This is why I have bees.

Because if people fuck with me a swarm can ‘accidentally’ end up at their house, on their car. Then guess who they have to plead to too remove the swarm.

[quote=“gtaguy, post:55, topic:5039”]This is why I have bees.

Because if people fuck with me a swarm can ‘accidentally’ end up at their house, on their car. Then guess who they have to plead to too remove the swarm.[/quote]Smallville reference FTW!

What? Can someone tell me what I just referenced?

/\ does not lift.

IF YOUR READY COME AND GET IT.
NANANANA
NANANANA
NANANNA
IF YOUR READY COME AND GET IT.

[quote=“gtaguy, post:57, topic:5039”]What? Can someone tell me what I just referenced?[/quote]there’s an episode in Smallville where there’s this girl who can control bees.