Wow... schools are depressing

You’ll find that humans across the globe can be petty and mean. It’s not restricted to the United States.[/quote]
Yeah, people are just generally terrible. Except for Canada, Canada is the exception.

You’ll find that humans across the globe can be petty and mean. It’s not restricted to the United States.[/quote]
Yeah, people are just generally terrible. Except for Canada, Canada is the exception.[/quote]
Or at least good PR. Who knows if Canada has a dark side that almost no one knows of and their just good at hiding it.

i’m so glad i was homeschooled, (almost) never had to put up with bullying.

I’m one of those people who have lots of friends that look out for each other.

I can also send people to beat people up. Not like I’ve ever needed to do that…

Welp here in israel bullying can boil up quite quickly into knife fights (not the arabs,just normal teens),good thing you cant get a gun here easily,and that most of those bullies are just scared people wearing scary masks… Its actually real fun to scare the bullies once and they would stop bullying for years,fun fact.

Someone tackled me into a wall once. I’m not saying who got kneed in the balls, but it wasn’t me or the guy who did it.

England, people! We are complete assholes sometimes!

American bullying isn’t worse than elsewhere, its just better reported here.

I went through the American public education system as a pretty nerdy kid, and the only bullying I had to deal with was in elementary school, it was pretty standard “monkey in the middle” type stuff. I thought the other guys were being dicks but I didn’t care about it after I got my hat/bag/whatever back and it certainly hasn’t affected me, I don’t think I’ve thought about it since it happened, this thread just made me remember. It’s amazing the kinds of things you can forget for over a decade!

[quote=“keldoclock, post:27, topic:5039”]American bullying isn’t worse than elsewhere, its just better reported here.

I went through the American public education system as a pretty nerdy kid, and the only bullying I had to deal with was in elementary school, it was pretty standard “monkey in the middle” type stuff. I thought the other guys were being dicks but I didn’t care about it after I got my hat/bag/whatever back and it certainly hasn’t affected me, I don’t think I’ve thought about it since it happened, this thread just made me remember. It’s amazing the kinds of things you can forget for over a decade![/quote]
Remember that your bulling experience =/= everyone else’s.
Some people get bullied from age 6 because the teacher calls you ‘retarded’ for not knowing hoe to spell mustache. Then the kids bully and steal from you. You go through your entire life being socially deprived and feeling like you aren’t worth anything. The problem only worsens when you leave school. The glaring faults caused by almost zero positive human contact make you bitter and you cannot hold a stable relationship. Then you fall into heavy depression and drinking, wishing every day you could be someone else. Yep, school is depressing. Will-breakingly, suicide inducingly, and morally grey style depressing.

Where do you live that teachers are allowed to call you retarded?

Ohh well

I did study in latinoamerica, tourists always say that we are way more cheerful and friendly that the guys in the X country were the live; and I studied on a private school (no, its not like a private school in U.S). So yeah I will say its cultural stuff, you first-worlders are all spoiled people :wink:

[quote=“gtaguy, post:28, topic:5039”][quote=“keldoclock, post:27, topic:5039”]American bullying isn’t worse than elsewhere, its just better reported here.

I went through the American public education system as a pretty nerdy kid, and the only bullying I had to deal with was in elementary school, it was pretty standard “monkey in the middle” type stuff. I thought the other guys were being dicks but I didn’t care about it after I got my hat/bag/whatever back and it certainly hasn’t affected me, I don’t think I’ve thought about it since it happened, this thread just made me remember. It’s amazing the kinds of things you can forget for over a decade![/quote]
Some people get bullied from age 6 because the teacher calls you ‘retarded’ for not knowing hoe to spell mustache. Then the kids bully and steal from you. You go through your entire life being socially deprived and feeling like you aren’t worth anything. The problem only worsens when you leave school. The glaring faults caused by almost zero positive human contact make you bitter and you cannot hold a stable relationship. Then you fall into heavy depression and drinking, wishing every day you could be someone else. Yep, school is depressing. Will-breakingly, suicide inducingly, and morally grey style depressing.[/quote]you’ve made the case for homeschooling.

[quote=“HunterAlpha1, post:31, topic:5039”][quote=“gtaguy, post:28, topic:5039”][quote=“keldoclock, post:27, topic:5039”]American bullying isn’t worse than elsewhere, its just better reported here.

Some people get bullied from age 6 because the teacher calls you ‘retarded’ for not knowing hoe to spell mustache. Then the kids bully and steal from you. You go through your entire life being socially deprived and feeling like you aren’t worth anything. The problem only worsens when you leave school. The glaring faults caused by almost zero positive human contact make you bitter and you cannot hold a stable relationship. Then you fall into heavy depression and drinking, wishing every day you could be someone else. Yep, school is depressing. Will-breakingly, suicide inducingly, and morally grey style depressing.[/quote]you’ve made the case for homeschooling.[/quote]

My mom hit me, so i dont think this would have made my elementary days any better

EDIT
Terrible joke dont hurt me

[size=36pt]AMERICA!!!
LAND OF THE FUCKING FREE.
[/size]

Then teachers are allowed to call you retarded!

/terriblejokepleaseforgiveme

Yes.
Also, cutting yourself because I dunno.

[quote=“John Candlebury, post:30, topic:5039”]Ohh well

I did study in latinoamerica, tourists always say that we are way more cheerful and friendly that the guys in the X country were the live; and I studied on a private school (no, its not like a private school in U.S). So yeah I will say its cultural stuff, you first-worlders are all spoiled people ;)[/quote]
I don’t think we use the first/second/third world county model anymore, but Russia could hardly be considered first world. You’re also far less likely to hear about bullying cases in countries like Sierra Leone as they are so rife with conflict that cases of bullying would be overshadowed by conflicts between rebels and governments.

i think if i wasn’t already so fat and weak that i wouldn’t survive i think i’d enjoy living in the backcountry in one of those third world countries.

Implying school isn’t modern day dwarven childcare.

Edit: And people seriously wonder why there are school shootings like columbine? I don’t know if it’s shitty kids, teachers or parents to blame. Probably all three.

[quote=“Leper, post:36, topic:5039”][quote=“John Candlebury, post:30, topic:5039”]Ohh well

I did study in latinoamerica, tourists always say that we are way more cheerful and friendly that the guys in the X country were the live; and I studied on a private school (no, its not like a private school in U.S). So yeah I will say its cultural stuff, you first-worlders are all spoiled people ;)[/quote]
I don’t think we use the first/second/third world county model anymore, but Russia could hardly be considered first world. You’re also far less likely to hear about bullying cases in countries like Sierra Leone as they are so rife with conflict that cases of bullying would be overshadowed by conflicts between rebels and governments.[/quote]

Wait… What? My knowledge outdated this fast?
NOOOOO00000…

Well I am speaking about my personal experience anyways, perhaps I was blessed by luck and just had the luck to meet a completely fiendly and close-knit group during school. Which is completely plausible.

Fiendly? FIENDLY?!?!