Would you like some bugs with that?

More minor (and not so minor) bugs! I’m not really sure if some of them are bugs really, but what the hey. Note that these were found on a Cataclysm build updated on 3/17/2013.

[ol][li]If you load a sewing kit/bone needle with sinew and then unload it, it comes out as thread.[/li]
[li]Disassembling a fur hat with a knife creates leather patches.[/li]
[li]There was an instance where, after loading a game, the map failed to generate anything. It was plains everywhere I explored.[/li]
[li]Spoiler-ish stuff for those who haven’t seen it and are reading this. During the Amigara fault event in the mines, the Horrors don’t spawn after activating the tremors.[/li]
[li]Sometimes I find animals (like wolves and cougars) dead right outside my home/tent’s door for no obvious reason.[/li]
[li]Butchering Child Zombies provide Chunks of Meat. (Instead of Tainted Meat; unless of course, it was done on purpose…)[/li][/ol]

I’ll consider bug 6 clearly a bug. It is neither tainted meat nor human flesh so you could eat it safely even if you’re not a cannibal. It should definitely not be normal meat. We could argue about wheather it should be tainted meat or human flesh.

Edit: No. 6 is resolved: commit 4f29b999760539927df55f8c39a100051c953f7d

With regard to no. 5, I’ve observed a wolf trying to attack me through a window. The result is that it curiously attacked itself. Forgot to take a screenshot, but the message log came out as “The wolf hits wolf for X damage” or something along those lines.

Anyway, new “bugs”/complaints/observations for Cataclysm build 3/25/2013!
[ol][li]Sinew production seems to have been nerfed. Before, each instance of sinew production provided 10 units of sinew. Now it just provides 1. EG when before I would have gotten 30 sinews, I would now get just 3. I wouldn’t complain about it if not for the fact that some recipes ask for sinews in the double to triple digit range, which reduces the utility of sinews.

[/li]

[li]Crafting stuff that involves sinew, fibre, and/or ropes and strings seem to be inconsistent. I am referring to the proportion of sinew to string/rope.
Stone axes, for example, require 2x string - 6in or 40x sinew.
Waterskins on the other hand, require 40x sinew too but can also be made with 1x string - 3ft, which is equivalent to 6x strings - 6in.
Leacher pouches require either 1x string - 3ft or 2x string - 6in, but only requires 20x sinew.
Disregard if it’s actually intentional. But if it is, would somebody kindly explain to my the rationale behind it?

[/li]

[li]It’s weird that skewers, the ones you get if you carve up wood with a knife, could last pretty long if lit. Almost as long as 2x4, heavy sticks, and the like.

[/li]

[li]The pseudo-pool inside mansions, the ones made up of shallow water, does not have roofs over the water tiles. Not sure if intentional or not. I would mention the table issue, but I guess it’s been around for a while.

[/li]
[li]Like I mentioned in the 0.3 announcement thread, the static spawn method seems to have been stuck.

[/li]
[li]Apparently, you can have Light Eater (Which states that “Your metabolism is a little slower”) and Fast Metabolism at the same time. [/li][/ol]

Mo’ things to report for Cataclysm build 3/31/2013!

[ol][li][/li]
[li]
I…forgot the other ones. I remember a description typo, but I can’t remember where. I should make better notes next time. Will update if ever.[/li]
[li][/li]
[li][/li][/ol]

2 looks like your typical Mansion greenhouse module. Weird but if it’s a bug it’s been around for a long while.

1 & 3, I’m not so sure.

[quote=“slydogg9692, post:4, topic:535”]Mo’ things to report for Cataclysm build 3/31/2013!

[ol][li][/li]
[li]
I…forgot the other ones. I remember a description typo, but I can’t remember where. I should make better notes next time. Will update if ever.[/li]
[li][/li]
[li][/li][/ol][/quote]

Number 4 is a symptom of schiz (I always take schiz XD)