Woodcraft Expansion!

GIT!

new construction: improvised woodcraft shelter
new trees: pine trees - found in forests
new trees: dead pine trees - found in forests or caused by picking live pines
new food source: pinecones - found on the ground in forests or by picking pine trees
new flowers/food source: dandelions - found in meadows
new food source: morel mushrooms - found with other mushrooms when foraging
new food source: buckwheat - found by foraging
new food source: dahlia root - found by picking dahlias with a digging tool in your inventory
new food source: acorns - found by foraging and on the ground in forests

many new recipes, items, foods, and drinks
many modified recipes that use new ingredients

Download a copy of the latest experimental build to try it all out!

[quote=“Rivet, post:1, topic:7247”]GIT!

new food source: pinecones - found on the ground in forests or by picking pine trees[/quote]

Jesus christ Rivet, carrying the team. I’m going to gorge myself on pinecones for the FULL SURVIVAL EXPERIENCE.

[quote=“Datanazush, post:2, topic:7247”][quote=“Rivet, post:1, topic:7247”]GIT!

new food source: pinecones - found on the ground in forests or by picking pine trees[/quote]

Jesus christ Rivet, carrying the team. I’m going to gorge myself on pinecones for the FULL SURVIVAL EXPERIENCE.[/quote]

Top contributor by commits, she is. Hella streak too.

Totally awesome. This is yet another reason why CATA:DDA remains one of my all-time favourite games… :smiley:

Rivet is indeed the ADC.

Hi Rivet, just a little heads-up in case you aren’t watching the bug thread closely.

I have spotted a tiny typo in your acorn description, which is detailed in my ‘dedicated’ typo thread there…

Have fun! :wink:

Great adiction, no more lonely poppy flowers :smiley:

It would be pretty cool to have a lot of different trees and plants and to be able to make all sorts of medicine with them, we can even have a building called florist in cities with such plants.

(mouthful of acorns): “wes… Wes… WESSS!”

This gives off a very Unreal world vibe…I like it. OH, how about fishing nets. Sorry just a Unreal world flashback lol.

I’m curious why pine tea takes 10 times longer to make than boiled water. It makes it hard to justify the time.

You gotta boil the heck out of it. It’s healthier than clean water as well.

Hey, sorry to necro, but this thread looks to be the place to ask, since my concerns are specifically to do with the woodcraft material. Just started playing cataclysm after a break of a few months, and while this stuff looks awesome, I find that the apparent nerfs to foraging make it almost impossible to find anything of worth. Are the drops shifted according to season? Most of my starts have been LMOE winter starts, which might be affecting it, but wanted to check here first. I noticed that I find useless rubbish an overwhelming majority of the time as opposed to delicious nuts, idk.

Yes at least some foraging is tied to season, so the winter start might have something to do with it.

Foraging underbrush will only find trash in Winter. Winter start is completely the culprit.

Thanks guys. Guess I’ll just have to wait a few more days before getting my forage on.