Woo! random suggestion!

Please make brooms move items from one square to another when used, this would be good for both cleaning up after fighting a horde of creatures and adding functionality to an item that is essentially just a crafting component. Thanks, and this is probably the last time you will see me anywhere but lurking. Later!

What happens when you try to sweep a liquid? Does it spread?

I actually don’t think it would effect liquids.

DANGIT, I REAPPEARED.

It should.

Mission Accomplished

Mission Accomplished[/quote]

Kccsssck All clear Be-wop

Well i don’t think it should affect liquids for three reasons:

1. Slightly more time taken to implement, simply moving items to the next square over would take a lot less from a coding point of view as far as I can tell.

2. Realistically, if you have a large puddle of water the broom doesn’t do too much, it moves the water a bit but doesn’t really do as much as you’d think it would.

3. I personally think it would be slightly unbalanced to be able to move liquids without a container, all you need is one plastic bottle and you can just unload any liquids onto the ground and sweep them back to base.

I was concerned more about leaving blood stains when sweeping body parts outside then actually transferring liquid. And how long it takes to dry.

Blood is cleanable by mops, but it would be a good idea to have raw meat/corpses leave a trail of blood where they are swept.

I wish we had a k(ick) command.
That way we could kick stuff out of doorways, or if it’s a corpse or something heavier, roll it one tile away from the player.

This would make it so much easier.

Lure zombies up stairs, then kick them back down.

Kick shopping cart/chair/trash can into Zombie, inflict minor damage and have 25%chance of stun.

You guys know that you can just use advanced inventory to move things in your immediate vicinity around right?
Although giving the broom some flavor use wouldn’t be wrong either.
It gives the maid/butler profession some more swank.

Wait, what? You can do that?

You can, but it’s tedious and you cannot move something further away from you unless you are literally standing on it.

Ah, yes, sweeping would presumably be easier then.

[quote=“wad67, post:10, topic:4768”]I wish we had a k(ick) command.
That way we could kick stuff out of doorways, or if it’s a corpse or something heavier, roll it one tile away from the player.

This would make it so much easier.[/quote]
Get a recent experimental, drop some small items in an open doorway, and close the door.
You’re welcome.
(you still need to manually move big items like bodies, not really reasonable to just nudge them out of the way)

[quote=“Kevin Granade, post:17, topic:4768”][quote=“wad67, post:10, topic:4768”]I wish we had a k(ick) command.

This would make it so much easier.[/quote]
Get a recent experimental, drop some small items in an open doorway, and close the door.
You’re welcome.
(you still need to manually move big items like bodies, not really reasonable to just nudge them out of the way)[/quote]

Yeah, which is kinda what I was getting at, I knew Items are shifted but corpses are still trouble.
I’m fairly sure that other mod had working kicking, and for the record had plenty of other advanced environmental interaction (leaping, climbing up ledges, etc)
I’m also fairly sure with that other mod we could kick furniture around/into zombies and we could kick zombies back also.

[quote=“wad67, post:18, topic:4768”]Yeah, which is kinda what I was getting at, I knew Items are shifted but corpses are still trouble.
I’m fairly sure that other mod had working kicking, and for the record had plenty of other advanced environmental interaction (leaping, climbing up ledges, etc)
I’m also fairly sure with that other mod we could kick furniture around/into zombies and we could kick zombies back also.[/quote]
Are you saying that it should be fairly simple to reproduce these features in C:DDA as it’s based on the same code and there are working examples? Or just giving examples of features you desire?

I ask this because it could be inferred that you’re drawing comparisons between the two in an attempt to bring out some competitiveness and have the features you desire in the game implemented. If that was the goal, it’s really not a good way to go about getting things implemented and by making these comparisons between two things with a not-so-nice history you might (I really can’t speak for anyone else, but one can assume) perhaps draw ire.

Now, I’m a suspicious bastard that takes things the wrong way, or simply misreads things all the time. I don’t personally know you, and I’m giving you the benefit of the doubt. Please don’t take this as an accusation. I just want to clear this up in my head because now I’m all curious about the answer.

Reading back on this I feel like I’m super paranoid. Maybe lurking forums is starting to kill my sense of tone in text. Disappearing again now, bye.

Hey, Wad is cool. Jeez, man. And yes, that other thing has some features we don’t.