Dealing with spiders

how do you fight those things in particular wolf spiders they attack so fast and hard its diffucult to deal with them at a noobish level of skills

[quote=“branmuffin1, post:1, topic:1466”]how do you fight those things in particular wolf spiders they attack so fast and hard its diffucult to deal with them at a noobish level of skills[/quote] easiest way I’ve found is climb a chain link fence stand on top of it then attack the spider you can hit it but it cant hit you :smiley:

Lure them over a bush, broken window or other tile with a movement penalty, then beat them until they’re dead.

I like to throw a cig or other tinder into their webs, and light them on fire. It usually only kills 1 or 2, but it sure makes me feel like I’m making the world a safer place.

[quote=“halberdsturgeon, post:3, topic:1466”]Lure them over a bush, broken window or other tile with a movement penalty, then beat them until they’re dead.[/quote] Well that works but with wolf spiders its pretty hard… I think my way is the best way (that I know of) to deal with wolf spiders.

No harder than with anything else, in my experience. And how often do you have a chainlink fence nearby when you encounter a wolf spider? Regardless, the best way of dealing with spiders is to simply shoot them.

Vehicles. Vehicles are the best way to deal with about everyrhing.

1911 works wonders when a wolfspider gets a bit too close.

weaken them with ranged attacks first, then lure them into a window/bush or something that will slow them down for a moment-- and pray you have a decent melee weapon to hand to bash it to death with. If you do it right you should get out of it alive, at least. Just make sure the thing actually steps in the bush or window. The amount of times I’ve died because things have sidestepped the bush/fence/etcetera at the last moment…

assuming you didn’t find a semi with some fuel within a few tiles of your evac shelter, that is.

I take you mean low level character skills. In that case, switch gears to gtfo. Do not go near them.

Once you have some competence in melee combat, wolf spiders are just practice dummies to get even better.

Same way I deal with everything. With rockets.

take off your shoes and throw them at the spider :wink:

Use a fast hitting weapon first, cause if you miss you wont get hit 4-5 times before you get hit again

My current character is based on archery and i can tell you this, even at level 7 wolf spiders is an nightmare for me. My wooden arrows just bounce off their armor (unless i manage to make an headshot, in which case they do take some damage) so my current strategy is to simply avoid them.

But yeah, vehicles, spiked pits and firearms works against them. :slight_smile:

Use crossbows on spiders. And all armoured enemies, really. You can get an arbitrary number of steel-tipped bolts via crossbow traps.

I second bushes and just beating them to death with whatever is handy. If you’re still worried about them and can’t run, you can always drop a matchbox or something burnable in front of you and light it on fire so the spider will die in a turn or two fighting you.