Why are lovecraftian horrors camping out outside of every single shelter?

But you already spawn in a safe zone, one which has an eternal light in it and closed curtains at that. (Assuming shelter start).

I have had a flaming eye blasting down the walls of said safe zone 2 turns after I spawned, they are pretty safe, but not 100%.

Frankly, im happy having things turn out that way, I like it that the RNG is able to throw natural 20s. No safe zones I say.

Maybe increase the passive aggro range of mi-gos, and reduce their speed? That way you’d see one, and be able to outrun it, but you’d have to be running for a while- and if you can’t take it on, the corpses are a no-no.

[quote=“jimboblordofeskimos, post:22, topic:5750”]I have had a flaming eye blasting down the walls of said safe zone 2 turns after I spawned, they are pretty safe, but not 100%.

Frankly, im happy having things turn out that way, I like it that the RNG is able to throw natural 20s. No safe zones I say.[/quote]

Closed curtains and cardinal direction facing double doors aren’t exactly the embodiment of “safe” either, but you take what you can get when you’re starting out.

II don’t mind that this can happen, variable starting conditions are interesting, if I lose a character immediately it’s not a big deal to restart.

This. Its more interesting in trying to survive a difficult situation using your wits then just removing said situation.

Follow-up, did this. Try examining closed curtains.