Where do I find Power Armor?

Basically title. I haven’t been playing for long, so I’m very proud of my most recent character that has made it to autumn (I’m bad, don’t judge). I’m on 0.E-3 because I’m worried that updating the version would damage the save file. I don’t want to risk losing this character because he has a very good shot at being my first character to reach one in-game year alive.

Anyways, I’ve started to get a bit bored with just doing normal everyday tasks and I’ve set myself the goal of finding a suit of power armor. However, I can’t seem to find any location that would have it. I’ve explored three whole labs top to bottom (two research stations and the central lab), a couple of military helipads, a couple of military outposts, 4-5 military bunkers, and a few FEMA camps just to name the most prolific ones, but in none of them did I find a single power armor piece. I also haven’t found any more advanced locations yet.
But here’s the best part: I DO have a power armor helmet… that I found in a supply drop in the middle of nowhere.
So where do I need to look to find power armor? Are there “higher tier” military/science locations I can find? Or do I just need to get lucky with crates in the middle of a field?

Bump because it looks like nobody saw this and I’m still as confused as ever :frowning:

poked around the json a bit, and it looks like military outposts/bases are the best option, though still not very likely. Though it looks like it can be crafted from the nanofabricator if you can find one (and the recipie), so that might be easier.

Thanks!
I’ll just have to keep looting military locations I guess. I haven’t seen a military base before though - I’m guessing that’s a “higher-tier” military location?
As for nanofabricators, I do have one that I can access in a lab with copious nanofabricator canisters to fuel it from a hazardous waste sarcophagus… but the blueprints are next to impossible to find, and I’d guess power armor blueprints would be even rarer.

military base is a much larger military facility, but I’m not sure if military base is vanilla or a mod. If you encounter it go for it, but I haven’t seen it in a while, so I suspect it was probably a mod.

Also it may be looted from Armored Zombies