When will the next release come out?

Just want to know if there is enough time for my team to provide the Cantonese translations. ;D

Progress: 76/19368

I’m thinking I need to get started on the next release, we passed 3,000 commits since 0.C after all, but that means at least two weeks until the release is actually done.
In other words, you have at least two weeks, but probably more.

[quote=“Kevin Granade, post:2, topic:9662”]I’m thinking I need to get started on the next release, we passed 3,000 commits since 0.C after all, but that means at least two weeks until the release is actually done.
In other words, you have at least two weeks, but probably more.[/quote]

Wow, that’s sooner than I think. :’( Maybe I should skip the next release.

BTW, I’ve requested a new language “Yue” for Cantonese on Transifex.

[quote=“impossible, post:3, topic:9662”][quote=“Kevin Granade, post:2, topic:9662”]I’m thinking I need to get started on the next release, we passed 3,000 commits since 0.C after all, but that means at least two weeks until the release is actually done.
In other words, you have at least two weeks, but probably more.[/quote]

Wow, that’s sooner than I think. :’( Maybe I should skip the next release.

BTW, I’ve requested a new language “Yue” for Cantonese on Transifex.[/quote]

I’ve tried Transifex and feel that it is not convenient enough, because it is very often that the line-for-line translation mode is not flexible for the Cantonese translations. May I use a GitHub repo for collaboration instead?

EDIT: I know how to apply patches to the po file easily. So don’t worry for my team members. :slight_smile:

You can use anything you want for translation, it has to turn into a PR at some point anyway.

Great. Then what language specifier do you prefer, zh@yue or just “yue”?

i have absolutely no idea, whatever is standard.

:wink: Ok, thanks for the support. Started working on the GitHub matters…sooo many strings! I should see whether they are more than the NetHack source code.

zh@yue
zh_YUE guess. You need to check this in gettext documentation.

[quote=“LazyCat-rus, post:9, topic:9662”]

zh@yue

zh_YUE guess. You need to check this in gettext documentation.[/quote]

Thanks. :slight_smile: yue is not a specific region like TW or HK or CN, so it should be zh@yue (a variant) or yue (a new language). But as it is a rarely used language for OS, it does not matter a lot. I’ve compile the game for both zh@yue and yue, and it runs well with the translations. No problem.