Whats your prefered spawn rate?

So i just played on spawn rate of 0.1 and i learned a lot and absorbed a lot of information, found my style, etc.with an item spawn of 20 and a zombie spawn of 0.1 I committed suicide and deleted that world after realizing that all I had been doing was “training” because, well once you survive day one its a breeze on those spawn rates… soooo I wanted to know what spawn rates do you prefer, also do you do dynamic or static spawns?

I Do Static and level up my throwing and electronic skills, Then I start barricading a house nearby a river.

I play with static because, does dynamic even work any more?
Items- 0.5
Zombies- 5.0

Static. Gun shops have less gun stuff then a typical search of a couple suburb houses. Static is dangerous enough that inner-city looting is ill-advised but gentle probing of suburbs is a way to survive the first day.

Dynamic doesn’t even make sense. If I murder-car and glock the entire populace of a tiny isolated village, I should not expect Coleson Whitehead zombie hoards appearing from the nether because my car doesn’t have a muffler or a gunshot generates x-number of giant fucking mosquitoes or zombies or whatever.

I leave them on the default 1.0 & 1.0 because the game gets very unbalanced if you change it. Slight deviations can be interesting, but straying far from the default is either easy mode or impossible mode.

1.4 spawn rate (with slow zombies) and 1.05 item spawn rate.

10x spawn rate.

2.1 spawn
0.9 items

I do anywhere from 1x to 5x with slow zombies, and anywhere from 0.25-2 on items, depending on how dense I have the undead.

Anytime I try more than 5x zombies the RNG slaps me with a ring of turrets around my spawn. Last time was a military outpost east, and a roadblock north+west, combined with crazy hordes south. If I could start without auto-die mode enabled, I would turn it up more.

I’m currently experimenting with maximum zombie spawns (static) and item spawn of 0.5. On hindsight, I suspect the loot from the dead Z is going to overcompensate for the lower loot rate… Profession: survivalist. Character attributes are all 10-13. Several negative traits. I didn’t put any extra points in any skills. The game started off in the wilderness next to a crashed aircraft or something. Debris… a black box… several military zombies… scientist zombies… I ran like mother.

I suppose I got lucky and found a mansion at the edge of a town, which is of course swarming with Z. Too scared to go the east side of the mansion because the town Z might see me through the windows. I mean, I SAW them there. It’s mad. Like ants in an ant hill. Still, got plenty of books, and the backyard is a quiet forest. I don’t have a clear idea what I’ve gotten myself into. Had enough trouble just clearing the mansion, and I’m still not 100% sure if it even is completely Z-free. The thing is, my character has Flimsy and Glass Jaw, which deters me from going melee but I have no decent ranged weapon either, and even if I did, I wouldn’t probably have enough bullets or arrows to keep me from melee. Throwing rocks and pool balls has proven effective, and then finishing off the Z in 1-on-1 combat. I think it’s going to take a good while before I can stop being cautious. Can’t wait to see the first basement that’s swarming with black widows… shudder

This is going to be mad.

I run with

2.5x spawns
1x items

1.1 item, 1.1 zed. It just makes it a tad different, but I like it

1.2 zombies, 1.25 items.

I normally play on the default 1 and 1, but for a more STALKER-y feel, I do an alternate world of .3 Items and .3 - .5 monsters, along with City Size 2. It makes the world more rural, and also keeps you moving to find decent gear.

Last I heard, Dynamic spawn was removed quite some time ago, the option menu entry is just a relic.

I play on 20x spawn rate, 2x items. A few changes though, regular zombies are modded to have 50% the speed, but 5x the health and significantly increased hit chance. Easy to run away from, but dally too long in one place and you’ll get murdered. Also forms giant meat walls to shield spitters from your ranged weapons.

0.5 Item spawns, 2.0 monster spawns.

I can’t turn it much higher for monster spawns and actually be able to escape the shelter since I play with surrounded start.

[quote=“Blaze, post:15, topic:8775”]Last I heard, Dynamic spawn was removed quite some time ago, the option menu entry is just a relic.

I play on 20x spawn rate, 2x items. A few changes though, regular zombies are modded to have 50% the speed, but 5x the health and significantly increased hit chance. Easy to run away from, but dally too long in one place and you’ll get murdered. Also forms giant meat walls to shield spitters from your ranged weapons.[/quote]

That sounds like some interesting modifications. Will look into doing that with my game as well.

I recently tried 0 spawn rate 0.1 item spawn, city size 16, starting in winter.

Surprisingly doable. Summer would have been harder (unless forest spawned somehow). Food stalls (in parks) bypass item spawn rate, meaning I always had some fast food to snack on. Zombie children in parks also bypass spawn rate and I was forced to eat those once.

If you do, you’ll probably need to tone down zombie drops a lot. I changed most of the clothing drops to rags/kevlar/leather/fur pieces. Regular drop rate for all other items is 1%.