What's the MOST Dangerous Being of the Cataclysm?

I always buy electrovision for lab turrets. You could avoid them pretty easy but I always forget where they are.

Lab mapgen is pretty sterile levels tho, can’t imagine scientists working in all the samey mostly empty square rooms with random bedrooms spawning in between.

Once I had a giant room filled with dozens of glass vats, and a few mutant limbs and fetuses in them. That was pretty creepy.

The most ridiculous was when I opened a metal door on a deep level and thought oh just a few zombies. And got spooked by a Skeletal Hulk walking in from the darkness.

Or when I was trying to sprint my way up, desperately looking for the stairs up. Got chased by Kreks, got relived at seeing mi-gos safely behind reinforced glass - then get spooked by a pair of Hounds of Tinalos suddenly teleporting in, clawing me and gassing my character with magic poison teleportation gas. That was some containment failure.

jesus fuckin christ dude, I never wanna meet it

Mi-go scouts are cancer, a single hit had me burning for 2 minutes and with no water to dive into I hid in a security van trying to extinguish myself. Completely destroyed my demon chitin boots and armor with 15 fire resistance + crippled a leg.

1 Like

Just shoot a bullet up there whatever mi-go’s have for a inter-gluteal cleft.

Well, once it hit me from off-screen and ran into a building for cover while I was still on fire, priorities shifted from murder to survival.

1 Like

Shot from off screen and burning while fire resistance does nothing.
Sounds perfectly balanced.

Can you unload water onto yourself to put yourself out?

Somebody with a gun, can’t outrun a bullet, can’t dodge or block a bullet you can only absorbe a bullet and hope you have enough armor.

As I was slowly burning to death that very same question came to mind, however my inventory suffered from a severe lack of liquids.

I am starting to wonder if I should start hoarding fire extinguishers for when I visit that mi-go encampment that spawned.

Nah, start hoarding .50BMG instead :sunglasses:

1 Like

Fire extinguishers might be the solution, though I’ve actually never ended up using them so no idea if you can use them on yourself.
Honestly that lone mi-go scout gave me PTSD, I wouldn’t go to an encampment of theirs unless you have a .50 cal with 60 range (and some very sturdy armor), those fuckers employ hit and run strategies.

EDIT:

Great minds think alike.

You know having more mi-go’s with ranged attacks might not be a bad idea, as dangerous as it is getting into a shootout with a alien horror sound exactly like something I would like to see.