Whats Your Favorite And/Or Most fun Combat Style To Survive Cataclysm?

So let me hear it guys, are you a pyro maniac chemist who sets shit on fire and gulps down drugs to enhance your combat abilities, or are you a Badass mechanic that waits quietly till his masterpiece is done and you roll into town exterminating anything that would move against your will.

I recently have taken a liking to unarmed combat, I find the early challenge very fun, and the end game rewards are definitely worth it, I like being a crossbow man too, kinda feel like Van helsing slaying the evil watching them burst into chunks of flesh from headshots.

I must say I find unarmed more fun simply because with ranged im too tempted to take fleet footed with quick to just outrun and shoot down any threats, which can have its own fun when you run out of room and zombies are coming at you in all direction.

Arrows, arrows, more arrows.

Bows are quite fun and quicker than crossbows, though the range does suffer, are you generally a burly longbow man or quick and dexterous short bow man? the main thing i find tedious and annoying about crossbow compared to bow is that with a cross bow, it will spam that are you sure? shit every time you try to reload in combat, can be very annoying but you dont shoot many times with a crossbow anyway. if they added an option to remove the Y/N prompt from reloading it would be so much better.

Get zweihander
Cook crack and meth
Chop up jabberwocks on a daily basis

[quote=“trusty_patches, post:4, topic:6182”]Get zweihander
Cook crack and meth
Chop up jabberwocks on a daily basis[/quote]

Sounds like a party baby, whats your playstyle? you like get up close and personally slashing away as fast as you can or do you jump around the battlefield dodging blows, i imagine once you get a zweihander, and well… crack i don t think much would be a problem

I like shooting at everything with a long range rifle (once I collect enough ammo).

Until that happens, I often quickly alternate between chopping stuff with a machete and shooting an USP; gets rid of groups quickly, and makes for good mental images if you ask me.

The closer the better. I once made my character snort up enough coke, meth and adderall while using time dilation CBM that he managed to kill zombie with jabberwock corpse without getting hit or dying from overdose and insane pain by straining every muscle.
I, however, doubt that it’ll be possible to pull off in newer versions since last time I’ve played was, like, four months ago.

The closer the better. I once made my character snort up enough coke, meth and adderall while using time dilation CBM that he managed to kill zombie with jabberwock corpse without getting hit or dying from overdose and insane pain by straining every muscle.
I, however, doubt that it’ll be possible to pull off in newer versions since last time I’ve played was, like, four months ago.[/quote]

Pretty sure you can still get all doped up and be unbelievably OP, my favorite drug in the whole world is Adderall, outrun any zombie horde or your money back

[quote=“John Candlebury, post:6, topic:6182”]I like shooting at everything with a long range rifle (once I collect enough ammo).

Until that happens, I often quickly alternate between chopping stuff with a machete and shooting an USP gets rid of groups quickly, and makes for good mental images if you ask me.[/quote]

LOL I did not know the USP was a gun, I assumed it was something useless until it got unlocked or something like the blackbox, guess il have to read up on items I pick up :slight_smile:

I’ve always specialized in throwing. It’s the safest and easiest start, with plenty of free weapons (rocks) lying around. Throwing knives end up being ridiculously efficient in terms of the volume/damage ratio, and setting the item to autopickup make them a breeze to use down the line.

I’ve varied my secondary skills. Right now it’s Dragon Style, and I’m going to mutate Alpha and install a bunch of bionics suited to compliment my melee style. The combination of martial arts and throwing is already great fun, and I haven’t even gotten to the mutation or bionics yet.

[quote=“Paquito, post:9, topic:6182”]I’ve always specialized in throwing. It’s the safest and easiest start, with plenty of free weapons (rocks) lying around. Throwing knives end up being ridiculously efficient in terms of the volume/damage ratio, and setting the item to autopickup make them a breeze to use down the line.

I’ve varied my secondary skills. Right now it’s Dragon Style, and I’m going to mutate Alpha and install a bunch of bionics suited to compliment my melee style. The combination of martial arts and throwing is already great fun, and I haven’t even gotten to the mutation or bionics yet.[/quote]

Ive always been very interested in making a throwing survivor i have never tried, and your story has inspired me, what weapons do you craft / Look for?

Make an insane amount of pipe bombs, get an MBR vest, get high on every prescription drug available, AND THEN WRECK THE WORLD’S SHIT.

[quote=“Creamy Goodness, post:8, topic:6182”][quote=“John Candlebury, post:6, topic:6182”]I like shooting at everything with a long range rifle (once I collect enough ammo).

Until that happens, I often quickly alternate between chopping stuff with a machete and shooting an USP gets rid of groups quickly, and makes for good mental images if you ask me.[/quote]

LOL I did not know the USP was a gun, I assumed it was something useless until it got unlocked or something like the blackbox, guess il have to read up on items I pick up :)[/quote]
OH! I think you’re thinking of the UPS. The USP is a pistol, the UPS is essentially a giant battery.

As for me, I dance around enemies and give them a quick smack before backing off. Hit and run all the way. Except for zombie dogs, I just beat the ever living shit out of them. No point trying to outrun them without being hopped up on adderall, and I try to avoid drugs.

Once I get molotovs though I go crazy, then forget I can’t throw them over zombies and I burn myself alive. So it goes.

By the way, we still don’t have doublewield, right?
I so want to get a use for my second zweihander I just found.

[quote=“trusty_patches, post:13, topic:6182”]By the way, we still don’t have doublewield, right?
I so want to get a use for my second zweihander I just found.[/quote]
I don’t think that’s humanly possible. OH RIGHT, DRUGZ!

Does that mean I get to dual wield if I chug enough mutagen?

[quote=“Forrest, post:14, topic:6182”][quote=“trusty_patches, post:13, topic:6182”]By the way, we still don’t have doublewield, right?
I don’t think that’s humanly possible. OH RIGHT, DRUGZ![/quote]
I can easily lift up and swing a zwei for around five minutes with one hand IRL and I’m not even close to my dream of becoming a Sundowner.
They’re not actually that heavy, around 5-6 kilos.

Plate + Great Helm + Sword. I go pure medieval on some undead. I also switch it up with a morningstar quite a bit.

I like to roam around in some pretty basic attire like cargo pants, sneakers and a vest or something with a t-shirt. on clearing runs I armor up and slay for hours. easily the most fun build I play for me

Does that mean I get to dual wield if I chug enough mutagen?[/quote]
I meant the weight of the zweihanders. It would be cool if dual wielding is added, and you can get the eight tentacle mutation and wield eight weapons.

1. Machete
  2. Pike
  3. Rising Sun
  4. Morningstar
  5. No. 9
  6. Diamond katana
  7. Nodachi
  8. Sledghammer

[quote=“trusty_patches, post:16, topic:6182”][quote=“Forrest, post:14, topic:6182”][quote=“trusty_patches, post:13, topic:6182”]By the way, we still don’t have doublewield, right?
I don’t think that’s humanly possible. OH RIGHT, DRUGZ![/quote]
I can easily lift up and swing a zwei for around five minutes with one hand IRL and I’m not even close to my dream of becoming a Sundowner.
They’re not actually that heavy, around 5-6 kilos.[/quote]
Could you have multiple minutes of prolonged man/zombie/bear combat while dual wielding?

Bear? Not sure if I can tackle that shit even when clutching both hands on a sword - they ARE fucking tough.
Man/zombie is much easier, if I rip up a little bit i’d be more than able to bring down two or three of them by playing defensively.