What's Happening in YOUR Randomly-generated Apocalypse?

Gonna be playing again. Might post some stuff related to my shenanigans with an ADD(RP) fox mutant. What’s new? Last version I played was from March.

Also! Are scrap-type walls in? Or will I have to resort to steel frames and just welding boards on? :stuck_out_tongue:

che cosa?

scrap walls? Vehicle armor, you mean?

Scrap walls as in ‘sheets of metal we found and put together with some wood to get a semi-functional wall.’

Mainly asking because last base I had was next to a rerestaurant and it was bugging me the three wide gap can’t be fixed until I had a massive amount of construction. Seeing as it was concrete and not dirt, so no log walls.

Besides thaaaat, meh.

I dont think so. Id want ramhackle walls and stuff, but Id likely have to mod it. If i can.

I died in the fungal video above. I ran out of booze, went to detox, decided to spend my time smacking fungus. Ive added a ‘fungal tender’ to my mod, and wanna take a guess what he does? He surpasses your filter mask by stabbing you.

So, He infected me and I ran off to find some pills or plant powder. Along the way I began belching spores and this paralyzed me for the duration, leading to several nasty crashes. I finally surcame to a warriors death, i.e. a zombie smashed my gas tank, it blew up, I slammed into the wall, I climbed out of the car and ran towards a house only to be struck down as I belched another spore.

This new character is 7 days old. He rode a hatchback out of town and swapped into a more considerable police car in time to find a mansion and some ants. He has several maces now and is wielding a rebar. He has several books but none on mechanics and went back to his starter city after finding a hotel and maps that showed he had started in the largest city in the area. He has just finished detoxing. But look at how close these refugee centers are o.o
Theyre so uncommon, so to find 2 of them so close and by such a large city. Its bad bears for them.

Looks like the vault town in between them too. That looks like it will be a !!!FUN!!! run.

I give up XD

Almost through a month with my survivor. This go around I started as a prepper in a prepper house. The house had a minefield in front of it and a fire truck crashed into the garage, my npc was outside getting thrashed by a shocker brute and the house was sparse on equipment and to far into the city to stay. I grabbed what was useful and noped out of there.

Found a ranch next to a public works and decided to make that my base. (if I start the refugee quests will it screw with my base in the ranch?) I started the slow crawl of collecting tools and food and upgrading my armor. Killed a few npc’s as they came around until I found me one of the female persuasion. Recruited her and been doing her relic quest-line. She trusts me absolutely but considers me a major liability…(stupid bug) My base is near a small town and vault town, haven’t really touched the vault town as every time I go near it hordes start to spawn because of the wanderers banging around below. I have found a Humvee which i fixed up and have mostly finished upgrading with extra armor a welding rig and more cargo room. Haven’t needed a jack for it yet, but I also haven’t expanded it yet.

Food has been fine, I really haven’t had to vary my diet any more than I usually do, but that’s probably because I try and use up perishables first and that forces you to make different things, a multi vitamin every couple of days keeps the scurvy away so far.

I’m considering my next steps… I might finally start some serious fortifications for this base, but they almost seem pointless with the way wander spawns work. I’d say I’m at early mid game, I have good armor a machete as my weapon with a plain wood spear as back up, surprisingly it owns brutes and shocker brutes.

Keeping my companion fed has been pretty easy now that I’ve taken up the practice of just making an extra batch of food for her and handing it over. I gave her a full water skin and buy it back to fill it when she is finished with it, then sell it back to her to make back most of my pennies. Its a little annoying that I have to buy it back instead of just getting it back but its not that much of an issue.

Switch to plastic bottles - they “sell” for free.

[quote=“Grandpuh Ty, post:11706, topic:47”]

I give up XD[/quote]
si-si.

fungal wolves are dark gray and one of the most aggressive fungal critters. And are still pack hunters.

Id like to add a fungal bite but idk if its possible. maybe there is a fungal effect that sims the fungus disease? I could also add a temporary speed debuff to mimic the ‘invisible’ speed drop. Anywho, most fungal critters will try to infect you.

Currently no, but I could make the bite attack allow generic effects. It would then stop being “bite attack” and become generic attack+effect ability.

I has a sad. Spoilers below (seriously, it was a great find since I didn’t know about it,so you might want to skip it).

I was travelling down a road in the forest, and I saw an area that was officially “forest” on the map, but it had lots of dirt, like a minefield, but there were no signs, no mines, and several strawberry bushes… also, the next tile in (away from the road) was the same, then another… then I found an area with barn with the main door fortified with furniture behind it, and a cabin right next to it that was beat up. There was partial wooden fencing around the whole thing. In the barn, there was a corpse, a .45, and one .45 shell. Out back, there was a mound with a teddy bear and locket. :frowning: Now I’m sad.

Well done, devs! Great (and terribly sad) atmosphere! Also, with all the strawberry plants everywhere, was this some kind of specific reference I’m missing?

Day 15.

I pimped my military cargo truck out at the refugee center, using a truck for steel frames and a makeshift welder to craft my steel spear and do the work. I have a fridge and a portal occupying the space where the back windos used to be, and the window behind the driver’s seat is shared by a water purifier. There are two tanks for clean and dirty water and a funnel mounted up top. I replace the left side of the personell carrier with trunks, and now have enough space and breathign room to wiggle and consider more looting.

To the near east, a 4 house town is located, and it is a relative hotbed for triffid on demon action. And zombie too, but frankly, and especially so early in the game, the zombies are the weakest faction. They dont bulk up until later, and even then the triffids have been modded to have substantial armor. Only a few zombies can boast of any sort of moderate or better armor.

I plan to scout the east and nort, as several offshoots are present. And I bruned my way through the forest to get to the refugee center so a roadside path ould be nice.

I plan to eventually add a few Triffid groe designs to the game, or at least the mod. They will all have to connect and exit from the same places as the default ones, but I could easily enough do it, and they’re about as simple as mapgen in json gets.

For this game though I have learned but so far failed to craft a bomblet thrower, but have found 4 stun bomblets and 4 explodies. The explodies are imo still too powerful in the version I have (they are op as sin in the released version), but they are much closer to what I want. Anywho I plan to mount an underbarrel launcher and get some real firepower, since the bomblet launcher holds 3 rounds while the 40mm holds just 1. But its a solid one.

I dont have much weak ammo, and have put down 3 lost souls with one clip of 9mm. I have 10 00shots, 200 or so .22, a marlin, and 7 .45s. Not ideal. But I do have a firearm repair kit and the bullet puller, so I am at the least flexible. I have a tao handgun book and a shotgun book. So all in all its not so bad. Though I have zero advanced books. Thats likely to be my next target.

Otherwise, I have a bit of a water shortage, a newly found stash of plant marrow, enough fuel, a mace and steel spear, and otherwise Im living. I have a lather helm though, and leather pants/chaps on. I like chaps… They do alright by me. And I have space marine boots. Im excite to try them out. In fact I did against a spitter. They are definitely superior to steeltoe boots or leather armor boots. They slow you down a bit though.
I hope I dont end up regretting my choice to let them be repairable. Im most concerned about making something OP, because the point of the items Ive added is to let people have a little bit of fun, not let them become gods.

Switch to plastic bottles - they “sell” for free.[/quote]

Eh… the point of the waterskin is that I don’t have to replace it every day. So far I have only had to hand her food 5-6 times in the one month of gameplay and the water skin 3 or 4 times. A bottle would probably be an every day nuisance. plus I only lose like 5 bucks now that Ive had her teach me all her bartering skills.

gallon jugs.

give them jugs and runner packs

Yea that would be ideal, especially now that I have a vehicle wall with most of my needed tools attached stuck into my base and i don’t need all my gallon jugs for water collection.

A man just walked out of the woods and shouted “Drop your When we drinkin’? weapon!”

What’s a “when we drinkin?” I’m holding a sword. :confused:

Seems to be a pretty common glitch. Just stab him in the throat and he won’t worry about drinking anytime soon.

Finally got back to playing after making it past day one. In a freakish stroke of luck I managed to run into one of Noctifer’s Survivor RV’s largely untouched and only a couple blocks away from an antique shop that had a broadsword and a naginata waiting inside. Took a few hits sprinting in and out of the antique shop so I have decided not to tempt RNGesus further and retreat to the open plains to heal my wounds and repair what I can on this vehicle. Usually the games I have start this well are the ones where I wake up to find an undead moose has discovered my safe house and decided to test its integrity.

Gonna be testing out the new critter-zombies I added, and the various special damage I added.

Some of them only got a bit of stab damage, which I am not completely positive how that resolves. I think I know, but what I dont know is if giving a critter:

-5D1 bash
-5 cut
-5 stab

is worse than making it 10 bash 5 stab or something.

And then I added some internal damage, which my primary concern is bypassing armor and being OP as such. Or guarentted damage in general tends to piss people off

And then I added some acid, lightning, and fire damages. This will let me test them out. But, I have to say the lightning guy I added wrecked my naked newbie survivors face.

So, I havent teted turning a zombie into a triffid corpse, but its a lower priority since its kind of a wacky thing.

i am! its like buildable permanent tent wall