What's happening in YOUR randomly generated apocalypse? Part 2!

Ol Maddy would be quite at home with these happy lil freaks.

oh, it must be a play on words is all then, cause it says what might be shocking things.

1 Like

you’re right, cataclysm is missing laser beams from the eyes mutations…

to be fair, mutations overall could really use some TLC for quite a long time, most of them are just a passive either positive or negative, heck we don’t even have a need for mutation power like bionics, that should tell you how far behind they are.

1 Like

Maddy, as far as I’m concerned, is welcome to be the cephalopod member if she wants. :+1:

@TooDAMNMuch
Some combinations can be pretty amazing, especially if you are willing to put the time into it and go for a mix of different branches but I do agree that it would be nice to have a few more active abillities.

1 Like

man i would kill to have a mutation that gives you powers like gambit using CBM power as the throttle, basically expend more to power it up more.

One of these days I’m going to do a quick, fleetfooted, parkour, hollow boned, insect winged, roadrunner with the Synaptic Accelerator CBM…

Edit: well, not fleetfooted I guess, since road runner replaces it, but you get the idea :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

and likewise i’ll continue hoping that one of these days when i hear digging and such sounds coming from underground that shredder and the tecnodrome will burst up out of the street. (crazy cata mod obviously)

1 Like

i REALLY, REALLY, hate this fucking prompt so much right now, is there a way to just disable it entirely? it really doesn’t do anything useful these days and instead just constantly stops me from playing the game unless i hold down the i key because it’s yet again false alarming.fuckthisshit

so yeah, that’s what’s going on at the minute for me, been holding down the i key for 5 minutes straight IRL cause i had to install a second cargo dimension as my first one got full and had to sort things around, this is hell.

You’re hearing things you don’t want to hear. Kill your hearing! Ear plugs.

3 Likes

would be nice to have a flag for “player has ignored this already” for each combination of alert type and source and just NEVER alert me about that specific case again.

small but constant issues like these have me hate this game almost as much as i enjoy it.

Just fire off an M60. That should allow you to craft for a while with no problem

1 Like

i’ll make a real post later that’ll make it obvious why i’m not wiping out everything in the vicinity.

1 Like

Well…My “friend” cut out in the night. I suppose its better that way. I found a small town near by. One sewer. I drained it down a bit so the cozways are above water (folding bike trick) and moved some stuff to build down here. Im …Im not sure ill be going back up. It aint easy being a freak.

All%20Alone%20in%20life

1 Like

so i finally found that city i was searching for before

but it’s one of the so big it’s hard to pick out the good stuff on the minimap variety sadly, i still managed to hit a bank and electronics store or two plus pull some good parts off a tank i managed to find eventually.

i also apparently radiated myself heavily enough that manual sleeping is quite impossible and given i’ve spent a lot of time working on and dismantling random vehicles and such it’s going to be 100% involuntary only for at least another month i’m thinking.

this is one of my pastimes in cataclysm, go out, get radiated to the point where it starts to mess with my stats and basically turtle up doing crafting or something like that until you fall asleep from exhaustion, which point you should be almost starving and totally dehydrated, chug water, eat something, rinse, repeat until i no longer glow in the dark.
this couldn’t have been that severe though honestly probably less than 500 points of radiation since it didn’t tank my stats too hard, but i’m not sure, at any rate by my count i’m now on day 113 (i don’t keep track technically but i play with 90 days seasons and it’s day 24 of summer) or so into the cataclysm, found a still suit in a bank safe, now that’s one hell of a score, also found what seemed to be a nicer laser LMG weapon to use a turret but honestly i removed that one for the other i’d been using because it fires way too much after things are dead and the other rarely needs a second shot anyway.

so with all that radiation ticking away surprisingly little actually happened, the only change i personally noticed was that i got fast metabolism, which quite frankly i don’t think i’m really a fan of to begin with, but yeah whatever i’ve gotten royally screwed for mutations every which way with this character in my opinion anyway so it may as well continue.

i also don’t really like any of the ones i’ve gotten either, VQPR is okay but i don’t think i’ve ever died to pain so why bother, spines could be pretty good, but who the crap walks around naked?

all in all disappointing and aggravating play session, i had to deal with the “yes/no/ignore” monster quite a bit and since the city was so large even if i cheated myself mininukes systematically clearing it out would have been just a pure waste of time and to top it off i only noticed about one mutation coming from more than 250 points of radiation as well, but frankly i’ve never really kept track of the exchange rate on that currency.

2 Likes

Or you could fell a tree.

1 Like

But would anyone hear it? If no one was there? :wink:

I always found fast metabolism + Indefatigable to be a nice combination personally, you’ve got parkour, quick, deft and roadrunner too. I see a lot there that would make you a very solid melee centric fighter and you have everything you need to make full use of a spear or awl pike if you wanted to go down that route.
One question though, what does strong lungs do?

1 Like

Started up a new Evacuee. Found a pair of Mi-Go and an Amoebic Mold between me and town, went around them, ran into a hulk.

A bit of fancy footwork later, the hulk smashed both Mi-Go and got eaten by the mold. So that went well. No great loot though.

3 Likes

Seeing the foes involved i would say you did fantastic.

Cleared out a town, got tired of living in the back of a house. Found an abandoned shopping plaza. Good new place to set up shop. Roomy, good parking, and it reminds me of State of Decay.

3 Likes