What's happening in YOUR randomly generated apocalypse? Part 2!

Well…Subway base is close to finished. Now all i need to do is clear the sewers of anything that might burrow in. I hate this part.

3 Likes

There are four hundred dog corpses outside of my house because I had to use the [k]ill debug command on, otherwise the lag would have eaten my computer. Fucking 10x spawn.

Lag for the Lag God, Crashes for the Crash throne!

1 Like

Ouch. That sucks. Why so high?

It was a bit Chop Shop job but her new set of wheels were finished and looking far more sturdy then any of the rust buckets in the local area. A bit cramped perhaps but better then trusting her neck to some fixed up RV.

Meet the mini mobile base “Bastion”, I could of gone one row shorter but I like having a bit of a bumper area to protect the glass/cockpit area. Normally I’d of put in a vehicle welding rig but I’m running the Aftershock mod so I stuffed in a Metalmaster forge buddy instead. It’s not really designed as a long term base, more of a mobile outpost for when I go exploring. I’ll be sticking in a couple more tanks/storage batteries when convenient and I’m planning to arm it with a turbolaser when I get my hands on a fusion blaster arm but it’s functional as is.

Edit: I’ll probably swap the stowage board in the cockpit for more cargo space at some point but I don’t have any cargo carriers yet :stuck_out_tongue:

Can you link a guide to vehicle building. I’m getting ready to try a simple Octo-buggy!!! Lol. :smile::smile::smile::smile::octopus::octopus::octopus:

I just experimented and played until I knew my own needs and could build for it, if you need any help or advise I’ll do my best to answer any questions through.
But for general tips:
If you plan on sleeping in it, try and fit in an enclosed area with no outside LoS, it can be pretty nasty to wake up to an attack from nightstalkers or other zombies that can see in the dark.

Make sure you keep a welder and some duct tape on hand, it’s generally easier to fix parts then replace them. The only vehicle type I ever build that doesn’t have a vehicle welder of some type is a motorcycle and then I’ll still keep a welder with me.

Try and keep it as narrow as possible, ramming vehicles out the way is surprisingly ineffective.

If you are going full mobile base plan the internals BEFORE you start building. This includes seating, cargo storage, vehicle mounted tools and solar arrays. You want your tools and materials all within range, if you have a team it’s even more important as you’ll probably want them to help you craft and it’s easier to train them up with books if you can position yourself to read to them all as a group. Solar arrays require a crane to mount so you’ll want to do that in the process of building if possible, not after.

If you are going full mobile base then find a tank with at least 3 working/mendable engines, you need 12 in mechanics to fit a 3rd engine so it’s much much easier to just start with them already mounted. You can strip everything off but the engines and frames and use that as the core of your vehicle, keep it in the safest area of the vehicle as you probably won’t be able to mount a replacement if one is destroyed.

If you can, doubling up your full panel walls can be helpful, you can use stowage boards for the inner walls and it means you can park at a diagonal angle without leaving gaps, otherwise always be aware that single thick walls will have gaps when you park/drive diagonally.

Water will freeze in tanks if it gets cold enough and you wont be able to get at it until it unfreezes so keep some handy in a container during winter so you can defrost it with a hotplate or something.

Armour EVERYTHING :stuck_out_tongue:

The heavier the vehicle the faster it will eat fuel, keep an eye on how much you have and how fast you are going through it, always carry a rubber hose with you so you can top up whenever the opportunity presents itself.

You can craft diesel and the main ingredient you can get from butchering zombies but it’s time consuming so try and avoid using it as your main method of acquiring fuel.

2 Likes

Octopus-Car-600x450

2 Likes

“You just know your morality is screwed when you find yourself about to chop up the bodies of kids so you can render them down and drink them” Holly muttered to herself, gripping the combat knife tightly. She couldn’t afford to be picky about ingredients though, the reanimated flesh of zombies was prone to quick degradation upon butchering and luring some of the other strains close to her base had proven to be difficult and dangerous work, better to go with the safe option. Pulling a face, she set to the task with vigor, prefering to get the job done rather then draw the process out.

Now that I’ve FINALLY found a book to get me to tailoring 6 and can craft the clothing I might need, I can begin the process of mass production of mutagen and purifier. Still not sure what strain I’m going to mostly follow but I’m leaning towards some combination of bird/plant/elf-a, could be interesting depending on how things turn out.

3 Likes

I am out of nails.

I carried hundreds into this research laboratory. I’ve gone through six magazines and tons of UPS power I’m now extremely hungry from charging it all through metabolic interchange, and I just spent an hour and a half trying to beat a skeletal juggernaut to death with a baton while it occasionally skipped me across the pavement like a moody teenager throwing rocks into a lake.

I finally killed it when it threw me through the front windshield of a truck. I landed in the driver’s seat, noticed that the keys were still in the ignition, and promptly backed up before running the big guy down by going 55 in a parking lot. He did a number on the fender though.

7 Likes

Diary entry April 26 205X Madlynn Lee Kane. Survivor.

I came across an overpass today while i was a walkin…I looked up at the signs to see what town i was headed to. I wish i could say i saw a Father a Mother and two children looking down on me from the bridge way above. But i didnt. I saw a Father…a Mother…and two children…both under ten years…hangin by their necks via some rope. The Father had hung a sign around his neck. “i did my best”…he had written. The four of em just a swingin from the bridge like wind chimes. Why does everathin a have ta be so fucked up? Some days i just want to quit.

3 Likes

Grim… :cold_sweat:

1 Like

It was kinda an omage to all those mass groups of camper,sports team and drug dealer body masses you come across in game. If it were up to me you would take a morale hit for looting dead unchanged humans.

TBF, what you describe wouldn’t be out of place. There is a certain farm house that spawns that you can infer a pretty grim tale from if you’re paying attention.

Just like the road…i know. :smiley:

Moral degredation intensifies

1 Like

You should have highlighted “butcher everything”

2 Likes

I wish I had of thought of that now :stuck_out_tongue:
On the plus side I’ve now got a freezer full of child meat (and THAT’S a line I never thought I’d type)

2 Likes

Everything you might need for a little bootleg programming and surgery.

Edit:
And success! probably with some drawbacks but that’s the price you pay I guess, I’ll have to wait and see if I pick any addictions up. Dunno why but it didn’t show me taking an addreall too, good thing I was under anesthetic because damn, I’d of been bouncing off the walls

Edit 2:
Called it, well there are worse addictions and I did abuse the hell out of that electric cigarette so I can’t really complain.

1 Like

You can afford it, right?

1 Like