What's happening in YOUR randomly generated apocalypse? Part 2!

Nice, rural labs are great luck. I wound up leaving a lab straight into the bottom of a prison, my first try of this version :slight_smile:

Mmm, I can imagine it being quite difficult if you come out with minimal gear. I’ve had a start like that before but got lucky on drops so I had access to EMP grenades and those make it a lot easier.

My new NPC pal, Bill Wallis, is having a hell of a week.

First he got his pants ripped off and both of his legs broken by a pack of killer bees.

I got him some splints… and new pants. We went to a lab that I’d cleared earlier for bonesetting treatment and then spent a few days recovering. He was well on his way to recovery.

I was doing some recon near a big city when a hulk kool-ade-man-ed his way out of the back of a SWAT truck as I was passing near it. I’m pretty sure he was the whole SWAT team, in life. He used me as a lawn dart a few times but I was able to lose him on some local wildlife…

Which decided the best possible direction to run away would be straight towards my parked Humvee about 3 tiles away, where Bill was waiting safely.

Before I could kill him with arrows, Hulk had successfully ripped the armor reinforced door off of the Humvee, punched Bill halfway through the opposite door, and climbed in after him. Tight squeeze for a whole SWAT team, but he made it work.

Bill’s still alive, remarkably. Legs are completely smashed again, though.

From now on, curtains on every window, even if we’re parked way out in an empty field.

2 Likes

Jessie had explored a little and while she had found no fellow humans, at least none that hadn’t been stuck down and ghoulishly reanimated, she had managed to make a friend. When she’d finished her search for the day and returned with her new vehicle, she had discovered a dead zombie (for what other name would suit these creatures?) just inside her new home. Cautiously she’d entered, machette in hand, for she’d seen the walking dead fight among themselves and with other demonic creatures. Only to find a scared, hungry dog. Her supplies were far from extensive but she couldn’t bring herself to let the poor animal starve and cooked him up some food from the meat she had gathered (for charity begins at home!). He was skittish at first but fresh food and gentle words had soon won him over and before long he had been following her everywhere. She chose the name Monty for him.

3 Likes

Aw. Good puppy. I just tamed a dog too, but I ran him over when I tried to drive off with him in the back of my security van. Wish he could have just hopped up on the seat in the back; dogs do it all the time in real life.

Can zombie slaves made from spitter zombies still spit? This is an important question.
Question answered: yes it can still spit. Oh, well; bye Phlegmy, we hardly knew ye.

I’ll be careful to avoid that o.O

I wonder if you can still tie them up, a line of spitter zombies as a bulwark on three sides of a base might be interesting…

I’m slowly hunting acid ants with a flintlock rifle, desperately hoping to craft acid resistant armor while also hiding inside a boarded up gas station and crying while I wrap my half melted limbs in boiled rags. It’s been a very rough first week.

2 Likes

Taking some much needed time away from my companions, I took some time to reflect on everything thats happened to me. After a year and a half i have finally managed to walk somewhat well on these six “legs” of mine.
I no longer hate them. Although I dont much like them. I have come to accept them as part of me. Just like the gills on my neck. But for now…i drink my soup. And relax. Now i just need to build a tub…and manage some very hot water somehow. At least this blanket is warm.

3 Likes

(As a quick end to my old series, Manik finally decided to attack a nearby hive, all was going well, until a random mutated insect survivor popped out of a crevice and proceeded to destroy Manik with quick, effortless unarmed attacks. Manik ran from the hive to only be impaled by a stinger from one of the bees.)

New character is a mutagen addicted Imam, so far was about to become a bear; used a mutagen sample vault up, which ended up just giving me high thirst (out of 4 different samples, damn myself for not taking robust genetics, and RNG for being stupid and not changing anything.) Used more mutagen just to have to purify most of it, and took some more mutagen to only get stat boosts and weakening.

2 Likes

I am attracted to this thing in a significantly more-than-platonic fashion.

And I swear to G-d, it’s like the game is actively trying to help me be the magic elf I want to be at this point. Found this baby in a Weapons Testing Facility in my starting lab that I hadn’t been able to access until I made a pickaxe. Took some heavy radiation from some slurry that was on the ground nearby; totally worth it.

Everything’s coming up Dan.

2 Likes

Is that bow from a mod? I’m extremely interested in finding one :wink:

1 Like

Aftershock, probably.

Just working on converting an APC into a new mobile base/deathmobile before transferring all of my loot over from the old Cube Van-based deathmobile. The new deathmobile is going to be more durable, have more storage, a freezer, a table, a proper bed, more solar, run on diesel, cameras, better off-roading…it’s gonna be great.
snip

3 Likes

Poking around in a basement turned up this:
welp%2C%20sprirts%20are%20no%20longer%20an%20issue
I can feel alcoholism approaching…

3 Likes

Joshua has begun to look for a quiet piece of ground to build a cabin on.

1 Like

Show some progression pics with like a timestamp

I might. But then I’d have to figure out how to post them.

Seriously though, why cant I find a nice patch of forest by a river that doesn’t have swamp all around it?

1 Like

download

It’s on the toolbar, just screenshot (Shift+CMMD+4, for Mac, not sure about PC) and open the file from your desktop or respective folder.

(Also my first image post too, might ask if John would do some art for my current character since I’ve just figured it out too).

Jessie stomped the accelerator flat as the titanic skelatal giant closed in on her, she was covered in wounds and she had none to blame but herself. It had all gone wrong after she’d been forced to slay one of the lightning imbued horrors after being ambushed on the top floor of a house she’d been exploring, she knew better then to try and strike it down with her machette and so had resorted to drawing her Battle Rifle. It had been a running battle, she knew she couldn’t afford to be thrown from so high up but the sound had drawn monsters from all across the floor. By the time she’d cut down the mob of shambling dead the house had been surrounded leaving her with little choice but to cut a path through the horde and flee, praying with every step. The fight had been brutal but by the grace of God she’d managed to gain her freedom and took to her heels with the horde following closely behind.

Weird because I don’t have Z levels active but sound still seems to draw enemies in from different floors, not sure why but it was a big (horrifying) surprise to find a horde bashing the house down on all sides when I went back down stairs.

5 Likes