What's happening in YOUR randomly generated apocalypse? Part 2!

It’s the additional vehicle mod thingymabob, pretty cool, I think it lets you make diamond plates, plus some more emplacements (like atgm?)

Joshua continues his search for knowledge and self improvement. He know that there are more books to be found out there somewhere.

Seriously - I think all I need to find is the family cookbook and the one that has glass recipes.

1 Like

My quintessential survivor, Punk Rockington, a punk rock dude, mounted a vehicle forge rig and vehicle welding rig onto a wheel-less e-bike frame, added solar panels and a car battery, and named it Nidavellir since it will be his legendary forge. He’s now sawing apart an entire APC and reassembling the heavy duty frames into something more…deadly.

This is my first attempt at creating a custom vehicle within a legitimate game (I’ve tinkered with building freely in a separate file) instead of just refitting a regular vehicle, which I have also only done once.

I’ve gotten a little too cozy in my LMOE shelter- obviously sated on water, and there’s an anthill in close proximity so I have a TON of meat available. But life in a stone hole is tough and I want to keep moving south. I sourced a working car, and I have a spot picked out to set up in next- a fully operational luxury RV parked near some public washrooms and a trailhead, missing wheels. Seems like a good base to loot the nearby town for tools to replace the tires. I have run into a few bugs I haven’t seen before- at my LMOE shelter, zombies don’t follow me downstairs- instead they seem to teleport into the rear of the shelter if they’re pursuing me. Additionally, cooked chunk of meat seems to have suddenly disappeared from my crafting menu despite having all the requisite materials on hand.

Check the “Hidden” tab, you might have hidden it.

If you just burned your last tool with Cooking 1 as fuel, that would do it.

As habit and a bit of paranoia I like to avoid traveling far in the middle of the night. The one time you have a laser pointing at your head from within the dark sort of kills your adventurous side before the grenade to the head finishes everything else. So the character goes to sleep in an abandoned car in a regional dump. I expected some trouble due to the hulk that was removed just before, but I assumed the large amount of insects would deal with it. So the character of course awakes to a hulk’s fist, but that was not the interesting part. It went down in two hits. The real horror was the dozen hulk… corpses strewn among the dump and in a smashed truck. I’m not sure if it is a set piece but I know another thing that won’t be done at night.

1 Like

I found a raincoat. I was also wearing a motorcycle helmet and found out that it looks pretty cool paired.

Not only that, I won’t have to do hardcore street drugs to stop my person from being cripplingly depressed from being wet now!

2 Likes

Miria looked out over the campfire at the three people sat across from her. “What do you think?” she said quietly meeting each of their eyes in turn. Portia, Ryan and Alycia sat across from her, now her comrades of many battles. “I don’t trust em” Ryan replied darkly, he’d been suspicious ever since his rescue and Miria could hardly blame him, an experience like that could scar anyone. Portia spoke up next “It’s a surprise to see a group manage to hold out like this, you’d think the zombies would of been all over this place like flies around shit since they don’t move…”, Alycia merely shrugged with disinterest. Miria turned her head, gaze sweeping over the shelter that was now mostly hidden in the darkness. They’d opted to make camp some distance away, far enough away not to seem threatening but close enough to lend assistance if it came to it. The inhabitants hadn’t been outright hostile but they’d been far from welcoming, understandable she guessed, supplies must be tight, but still… They’d been generally unwilling to part with anything but Miria had managed to wrangle a few deals with them, mostly for information in return for help dealing with some outstanding issues, mostly mercenary work. It clearly favoured them but it was a start, Miria had told them she’d consider the matter then get back to them. “We should leave them to it” Ryan spoke up suddenly in a angry voice, “they don’t give a crap about us”. Miria pulled a face, he wasn’t wrong but information was valuble and something the four of them lacked. “I’m…leaning towards accepting” she said finally, they all looked at her in surprise “we need information and allies, the four of use can’t go on forever alone” she continued tiredly. “You want us…” Ryan started to reply loudly but Miria cut him off with a gesture “I, me, just me” she said flatly, “if the coordantes are correct, the targets are to the far north. It will take too long to take the Dauntless there and I’m not leaving it alone, especially near a group we don’t have a reason to trust yet” Ryan settled back grumbling under his breath. “But, alone?” Portia asked hesitantly “If I take the dingy and cut across the river, locate a vehicle on the other side. Well, I can be there and back in a week I think” Miria replied “And it can only carry one person and their equipment safely” she rubbed at her eyes with the palms of her hands, everything she said was true but what she didn’t say was that she didn’t want to drag them into this kind of danger for what could be of little value. Portia didn’t reply but she didn’t look happy either, “I also wanted to ask if any of you want to stay here, with them? I won’t hold it against you if you do.” she continued. Alycia spoke up for the first time “They said… they said they wouldn’t take anyone else…” Miria nodded, acknowledging her point, “I could probably convince them otherwise, we have a lot of supplies with us. Money, or rather, food in this case would probably talk…” Portia shook her head vehemently, Alycia did the same after a moment and Ryan snorted in disgust “… like I’d trust em”. “Ok” Miria said, with a genuine smile “I’ll speak with them tomorrow about the missions and then we’ll move up to the river bank, you’ll be safer there I think”

1 Like

I found a frisbee!

I 'frowed it off the roof.

4 Likes

In recent news, I have no idea if I’m going to survive through cocaine withdrawals. Just making enough clean water to stay hydrated is a gamble, and the snacks are running out.

1 Like

It shouldn’t end like this. It’s not fair.

Waking up with that gnawing hunger in her gut, evidence of the days spent without food, she came to a decision. If this was the end, it would be on her own terms. She grabbed her blindfold and ran out the door of the forsaken laboratory that was equal parts home and prison, now that the withdrawals had crippled her so. Before she could give herself time to think, she wrapped the cloth over her eyes, screamed a final curse at any god that may have been listening, and strode forward into the minefield.

It wasn’t until she bumped into a tree that she took off the blindfold. Before her stood a grand willow, strong and hale even in this doomed world. She laid her head against its smooth bark and cried. The dreams had been lies, dreams of the forest, of beauty, of pure green life and her with a worry that drove her actions. She was going to die here, starving to death in a puddle of her own excrement. She couldn’t even blunder into a landmine right.

Turning around, she strode home through the mines again, with the wind flowing through the trees speaking words either of commiseration or mockery.

3 Likes

Implanted night vision

FB_IMG_1449986740498

3 Likes

After holing up reading books in a military bunker, I crossed a patch of woods separating me from a long road leading through a bunch of towns. On the far side I found a working RV too, walled up inside a shuttered motel. I transferred all my belongings over and fueled it up with the little gasoline I had left. Set myself up at a campsite looting the nearby town and lab and rolling around looking for crashed helicopters for firearms off zombie soldiers, hacking solar panels onto the RV so I can cook and read without worrying about draining the battery. Been on the road since, I’ve managed to get about ten towns south- almost cried when the 7 tile bridge I came to didn’t have a wreck in the middle of it. I’m kitted out real good with battle rifles and explosives, about to take on three hulks so I can establish my survivor camp in a regional dump outside of Lyme

1 Like

Nanofab isn’t from a mod, it’s part of the base game. PR.

Jessie Valentine finished her pray of thanks for the meal she had just completed, the Lab may of gone to hell and she maybe be currently trapped but in her heart she knew the Lord was with her!

Decided to try something a bit different, a combination of bookworm/spirtualist with a habit of ingesting questionable substances to achieve enlightenment but no real combat traits.

2 Likes

Walking machine broke

2 Likes

So this is appearently what causes it

2 Likes

Jessie blinked rapidly, the first glimpse of sunlight in a over a month burning her eyes, she quietly gave thanks for her deliverance before setting off down the empty road. The escape had been a trial but one she’d overcome with the Lords guidance.

1 Like

What was this blood drenched horror? A type of demon? Had the events in the lab been mirrored across the whole world? With a prayer on her lips she when to meet to meet the unnatural creature machette in hand, in Gods name she would cleanse such filth!

2 Likes