What's happening in YOUR randomly generated apocalypse? Part 2!

Yes. It even works for followers!

Followers kinda suck when you’re a hyper combat god with 15 dodge 20+ in all stats and 10+ in all combat skills.

Solo play is best play, don’t have to baby or worry about dumb NPC’s.

Just lock them in your car/base and have them be your assistant crafting slaves if they’re not needed for combat.

Followers are good for running the day to day tasks of a base, if you choose to make one up as part of your game play. I also like placing them on stairwells and having them guard that location when I’m either crafting or sleeping in an area where critters or zeds could wander in and disturb me.

The Return of Bambi Diamond, the Apocalypse Bimbo

In this episode:
Welcome to Lamoine - Population: no.

1 Like

I agree with the crafting help, only problem is my vehicle is pretty cramped considering it’s just a decked out security van.

Having an NPC help me make food and install bionics for me would help, but that means I’ll have to sacrifice a bed spot for a seat, and turn a cargo space into a bed spot.
Dunno if it’s worth it, considering I have a year’s supply of smoked/dehydrated beef and raisins. Spaghetti takes forever to make though, so who knows.

I’m kind of on a mad max road trip right now, looking for armors to help me fight against irradiated and poisonous foes. I either need a power armor set or RM13 combat armor. I also need a Niten book or more varied martial arts books, but I’ve had no luck unfortunately.

I’m not too worried about anything that isn’t a fungal enemy, since I can one shot any and all enemy that I’ve encountered with very little preparation.

(I need some prep for some enemies, like a gas mask or protective suit since I’m wearing pretty much nothing but denim shorts and a tank top).

Right now I’m just switching up my weapons due to boredom (started with a katana, switched to a spear of pestilence, now using a Lucerne hammer for bash + reach attacks).

Gonna start using martial arts then archery or firearms, since I have over 4K 5.56 ammo just chilling in my van.

But yeah, I’m pretty much set. From here it’s just exploring and fully decking out my character even more.

Start as a mi-go camp prisoner. Step outside. Get rekt by mi go guard.

This is way harder than just chilling in a lab for a week.
There’s a bunch of the infamous shooty mi go outside the base too.

“Since I’m on the upper floor of this house, let’s take a look around and see if there’s anything useful on nearby rooftops. Not that I’ve ever found anything interesting doing this bef…”

6 Likes

I torched my way into the Hub 01 basement after discovering a subway access in a freshly cleared lab. Open a door to see four CROWS turrets, quickly NOPE and slam the door shut. I hear a bunch of hub security saying stuff like “Hear that, fellow survivor?”, then “Hostile detected!” And “Oh shit, it’s a madman! Look! It’s a CROWS!”

A series of shots followed, and well, I guess they’re firing a programmer?

2 Likes

Seems like it’s the other way around :nerd_face:

1 Like

After a few days of playing and a hundred kills or so, I can say a Monomolecular Blade works surprisingly well with Wing Chun.

While the bonus to bash damage is a waste, it improves defence, has a counter at higher skill and will allow you to attack extremely quickly; the high damage of the blade will do the rest.
I cut down zombies before they can do anything else but grabbing me (and die immediately after).

Bambi Diamond and the Bandit Camp

It has been months since Bambi fully restored her human consciousness removing those devilish implants from her head, then crawled out of that nightmare of a lab only to find herself inside a prison where automated weapons were shooting down unliving abominations again and again.

She survived through all of that.
She single-handedly cleaned the whole prison, made it into a fortified base and pieced together what she called the Rollin’ Castle, an armored apocalypse RV to scour the land around.
She saw through even worse things, when she explored an abandoned facility where otherworldly, mind-numbing monsters leaped out of rips in the very fabric of reality.

It had been months, and she hadn’t see another single fellow human being, yet. One still alive.

Then she found the camp.
A wooden fort of some sort, with tents and wooden buildings inside. Hard to describe the hope she felt in finally seeing other humans there: the moment of elation that came with the knowledge she wasn’t alone.
Then the two standing guard at an entrance came running at her. Wielding a maul and a machete. Sneering and yelling what they would do to her after beating her. She had stood there motionless, in shock, for what seemed an unending moment.
Then her hands moved following what had become a well-honed istinct, and a crystal-like blade flashed out of her wrist…

She kicked the last scrap of wood into the deep pit. The fire was burning high already, as she turned to gaze at the now empty wooden fort. She had pondered quite a bit about whether it would be better to burn it to the ground, to avoid it becoming a lair for scum like these again.
In the end, she decided to give it a clean up and leave it as it was. There could still be decent people around who could chance upon it and find refuge inside.
People who hadn’t lived through an apocalypse just to plunder, torture and kill their fellow men.

She turned again, facing what had become a roaring fire. The stench of the dozen corpses burning filled her nostrils.
“Burn in Hell, motherf###ers, she said with quiet bitterness.

2 Likes

TIL eating 2 mushy apples (joy: -5*2=-10) is equal to killing 5 zombie kids (joy: -2*5=-10).

This character is going pretty well so far. My fabrication is completely awful and I have relied mainly on loot to get me thus far. I have an RV I have repaired to “like new” and attached a battering ram to the front. I have some books on fab so I need to level myself to 3 real quick and then I can boost to six. I just made the nomad gear and am feeling rather accomplished.

2 Likes

Been a long time since I last played, tried to port my old character to the new builds but due to conflicting mods, it wasn’t possible.

So I decided to just re-create my old character via debug menu, complete with all skills, the current inventory, bionics, mutations and stats. Lemme tell ya, this character was extensive and super decked out. It took around 2-3 hours from world-gen start to finish. Had to debug in a auto-doc to get all my bionics in.

So, i’m pretty happy and content - except for the fact I couldn’t change my height, age, or blood type at char-gen, but some file editing fixed that.

Anyway, I started as a mine start because I wanted the extra fun of just starting there, I booted the Amigara horrors back to their cave holes, and got a SUPER freaking nice artifact. It’s a dagger that gives me clairvoyance in exchange for being evil, perfect since i’m just gonna wield it occasionally to look through walls.

This is actually the first time I’ve ever had any sort of clairvoyance artifact, so the extra utility is super welcome. This this will happily be set right on my right hip in a sheath.

2 Likes

Little update on the last post.

Went and cleared out a goblin outpost, pretty easy, got a lot of amazing weapons and I decided to run with the pike for a bit to test it out, and it was really fun to play with.
The outpost had a lot of cool magiclysm items like a heat cube, enchanted tailorers kit or that spider box that generates thread. I dunno how it works, but it also has an endless flask and i’m hoping to fill it with alcohol, tea, or clean water.

I went to a nearby rural house to grab a wheelbarrow and haul all the loot I grabbed, went to a village and raided the three houses and killed all zombies I saw, and went to a larger city up the road.

Needless to say, everything I saw got demolished. I’m currently just looking for tools and items to upgrade my cart, I’m thinking of finding a shopping cart and removing the casters and basket and replacing it with off road bicycle wheels and a cargo space, that way I’ll have plenty of space to store my crap and keep everything light. Then i’ll slap a storage battery, a solar panel and a recharging station (the latter of which I’ve already found) and I can keep a mobile cart where I can haul my junk around and charge my bionics at will.

Might even upgrade to a motorcycle with a side car / quad bike soon, deck it out and see how that turns out.

My char used shelter computer to find nearest shelter. It thought for quite some time, and then puked out a route which took 25 screens to scroll around. Nortwest, north, west, north, east,… meanwhile, the destination was just 2 screens to the east-south-east from the shelter, but of course it was if you cut the way through measly 12 tiles of clear fields. Definitely not something computer program would ever consider.
Also, even that ridiculous route could have been about 3 times shorter if not for the single-tile-wide strip of forest between 2 roads :laughing:

2 Likes

…and then there’s me, carelessly burning paths through forests to hasten travel routes. :rofl:

Just set a new record.

Created a new character. Decided to go with a police detective and chose the surrounded start scenario so he could start in a police station. Spawned in a small room with only 1 door. There were 2 zeds in the room (one regular and one cop). I tried to draw my revolver to shoot my way out, but for some reason, the weapon did not spawn with the character. (neither did the holster or the ammo). There were no weapons in the room, so I decided to make a run for it. Opened the only door and there was a cop zombie on the other side blocking the way. Tried to fight my way past with my fists, but …

Byron Hendricks died 43 seconds into the apocalypse.

3 Likes

Today, in half-ruined cabin in the field, I have found… something.

I’m unsure. Should I leave it alone? Should I open it? Should I break it? Will it release another Cataclysm if I do? Will it not if I don’t?

2 Likes