What's happening in YOUR randomly generated apocalypse? Part 2!

Holly moved, flexed her fingers then her limbs expectantly but was surprised to not feel much difference, after much study she’d taken finally taken the plunge and made use of the labs Autodoc. After the stories she’d heard about failed installations she’d been afraid of messing something up but her preparations had been enough and all had turned out well, the bionics themselves were surprisingly covert, unnoticable until activated. This was only the begining though.

Playing without safe autodoc this time so I was a bit nervous about some of the installations (looking at you enhanced memory and wired reflexes) but I built up my first aid, computers and electronics as much as possible first (8, 6 and 10 respectively) and between those and abusing adderall and nicotine I got everything in sucessfully. Still not done any mutating as of yet as I haven’t found a book above 3 for tailoring and I don’t want to end up with nothing decent to wear when I do. I’ve got quite a collection of serums going on though.

2 Likes

I’ve hit it good with my bionic agent, details here-

Basically set myself up real pretty in a megastore, I have the more locations mod on so apartment towers and upped NPC spawn has given me access to a ton of manpower, I’m up to 8 NPC’s lurking in my base now. I have two more towers to recruit, and I’m building a faction camp directly next to my base. The apartment tower NPC’s are dumb as bricks so I’m going to put them all to work there, and keep the mutant and dynamic NPC’s in my megastore as my shooters.

Unfortunately bungled my attempt at colonizing the sewers. Failed to consider that C4 would blast open a crater from the streets down into the sewer, and I dropped a horde on myself after making my sewer car :confused:

I’m surrounded by missile silo’s, my endgame is to destroy as much of the mega city as possible and build a fort in one of the multi-z level structures. Curious to see if turning most of it into craters eliminates horde spawning.

Hoping my next character when this one dies spawns nearby, I wish I could choose where I spawn- it’d be fun to treat this place as a base of operations for future characters.

2 Likes

Went down a lab staircase to find a security bot directly under me, it immediately fired on a zombie right next to it thankfully. god i hate labs

What in the god damn

1 Like

How do you have those crazy ass stats? Just wanna know for my next character.

Stats through skills mod.
I use it since there isn’t a system for stat growth currently in the game and it’s the closest representation I’ve found. After all, you keep swinging a sword, day after day for weeks and months on end you’re bound to pick up some muscle :stuck_out_tongue:

edit: Unless you mean my base stats, I just start with zero skills for those.

2 Likes

So you started off with 12 int, 14 dex, 12 strength, and 10 perception?

13 str 13 dex 12 int 12 per were my starting stats

1 Like

Wind sail? Which mod adds that?
Or do I have to update my game more frequently?

Update more frequently I believe.

Ah, cheers. Now I can be the worst best pirate anyone has ever seen!

1 Like

I spend most of my time in Subway’s and sewers. Thank you for giving me the idea of making a vehicle

1 Like

Nope…

3 Likes

Who needs turrets?

6 Likes

I’m imagining the series of hijinks involved with chaining a zombie shark to your front door.

1 Like

Who’s a good jawed terror? You are! Yes you are! ARF ARF!

7 Likes

Thanks for making me shoot pop out of my nose . Cant stoo laughing.

Take a look at this before you get too much work done: https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/issues/29743
I’m hoping someone can make a mod to allow cars to travel the subway until they implement train construction.

The trick is to deploy a folding bike first. You can’t build on sewer tiles, but if you deploy a bike and ride it around it leaves dry ground in its trail that you can build on.

2 Likes

Ahhhhhh. Thank you a might. Much obliged.

I think dragging works as well, but it’s been a long while since I carried a vehicle to the sewers with me.

1 Like