What

So I started in the evac shelter as per usual. I went down into the basement, after ignoring a weird prompt. I then fell into lava and died. What just happened?

Hawaiian lava pool home?

Lava in the ground is what happened.

If your rooting through houses when you find a basement with a drop, it’s probably lave so leave it.

[quote=“blazing glory, post:3, topic:8357”]Lava in the ground is what happened.

If your rooting through houses when you find a basement with a drop, it’s probably lave so leave it.[/quote]
But why is there lava under my evac shelter? :v WHY!?

[quote=“LoneTophat, post:4, topic:8357”][quote=“blazing glory, post:3, topic:8357”]Lava in the ground is what happened.

If your rooting through houses when you find a basement with a drop, it’s probably lave so leave it.[/quote]
But why is there lava under my evac shelter? :v WHY!?[/quote]

The question to ask isn’t why, but why NOT?

RNG cares not for our petty logic and upset. That is why.

Because Hellmouth that’s why.

Also just took a look (because I spawned in the same evac shelter again). It’s next to a beehive (which I’ve not explored but I figure will result in much “fun”) and an anthill nearby. This is the worst evac shelter ever. I’m deleting this world in my rage against the RNG. >:O

This is almost as bad as that time I spawned in the evac shelter with a NPC with a flamethrower. Then the zombies came, and he literally burnt the entire shelter I had lovingly built to the ground.

One time, months ago, the game couldn’t find an evac shelter to place me in so it dropped me in the middle of nowhere in some massive lake. I drowned.

Also just took a look (because I spawned in the same evac shelter again). It’s next to a beehive (which I’ve not explored but I figure will result in much “fun”) and an anthill nearby. This is the worst evac shelter ever. I’m deleting this world in my rage against the RNG. >:O

This is almost as bad as that time I spawned in the evac shelter with a NPC with a flamethrower. Then the zombies came, and he literally burnt the entire shelter I had lovingly built to the ground.[/quote]

Sounds like a great supply of food and royal jelly (cure for nearly everything) nearby :stuck_out_tongue: When life gives you lemons, get sucking them lemons.

I lived off the whole last year (91 days seasons) on cooked acorns alone. Food is complete non issue if there is a forest nearby.

I wish they could be batch cooked, though. Should they, realistically?

[quote=“Maur, post:12, topic:8357”]I lived off the whole last year (91 days seasons) on cooked acorns alone. Food is complete non issue if there is a forest nearby.

I wish they could be batch cooked, though. Should they, realistically?[/quote]

It can, select it in the recipe list and press b.

Sorry, i meant batch crafting saving time.

Yeah, this should really be tied to, for instance, the quality/size of your cooking gear.

Ex:
Boiled noodles recipe + Can (can it even be used) - 1 serving, 10m crafting
Boiled noodles recipe + Can (can it even be used) - 1 serving (batch), 20m crafting

Boiled noodles recipe + Frying pan - 1 serving 10m crafting
Boiled noodles recipe + Frying pan - 2 servings 10m crafting (cause pan can hold more)

Pot can produce 5 servings at a time, etc.

What irks me the most are jerky recipes. I wish they were reworked to work a bit like making charcoal. Get a drying rack, spend x amount of minutes on preparation and dump the stuff (or “load” the rack) and then leave it be. Rack can make 10 or so servings at a time.

Etc etc

Yeah, this should really be tied to, for instance, the quality/size of your cooking gear.

Ex:
Boiled noodles recipe + Can (can it even be used) - 1 serving, 10m crafting
Boiled noodles recipe + Can (can it even be used) - 1 serving (batch), 20m crafting

Boiled noodles recipe + Frying pan - 1 serving 10m crafting
Boiled noodles recipe + Frying pan - 2 servings 10m crafting (cause pan can hold more)

Pot can produce 5 servings at a time, etc.

What irks me the most are jerky recipes. I wish they were reworked to work a bit like making charcoal. Get a drying rack, spend x amount of minutes on preparation and dump the stuff (or “load” the rack) and then leave it be. Rack can make 10 or so servings at a time.

Etc etc[/quote]

as a someone who make over 4000 volume of jerky i can say it will help everyone

This is almost as bad as that time I spawned in the evac shelter with a NPC with a flamethrower. Then the zombies came, and he literally burnt the entire shelter I had lovingly built to the ground.[/quote]

“Unless life also gives you water and sugar, your lemonade is going to suck” – Grumpy Cat

Sounds like a great supply of food and royal jelly (cure for nearly everything) nearby :stuck_out_tongue: When life gives you lemons, get sucking them lemons.[/quote]

There are currently two different topics about this. I wish people would be more specific with their titles.

On a related note, this happened to me in a lab recently. However, I’m fireproof and I had a grappling hook handy so I had a way back up.