Possible spoiler, or bug...?

So I created a new world, made a character. Decided to start in an evac shelter. Went downstairs… Magma everywhere… Forgot to take a screenshot, but there wasn’t anything else other than the sea of magma… Bug or spoiler?

My question is how is it a spoiler. Also I am not actually sure it’s a bug but probably the rng deciding to have a bit of fun.

Well, spoiler if it’s suppised to be some secret WIP stuff…

More like secret really really old stuff that nobody’s bothered to either add a purpose to or remove.

It’s just magma sea sprawling freely underground. It’s too hot to safely make scrambled egg, and there’s no precious blue metal beneath at all.

Blue metal? Oh wait adamantium. Actually that is weird why can’t we cook stuff using a rift? Also possibly a man’s most extreme heater ever.

Oh, you CAN, but you’ll likely die in the process.

It used to be good oven and lamp in older versions. Now it is too hot. One step is comfortable, take another it’s comfortable(rising!!). You can’t stay close enough to cook or read.

Its definitely neither bug nor spoiler, but you should get a message when trying to descend about it becoming really hot half way down and a prompt about continuing.

Yes, there was that…

I find this all hilariously fitting: A Person who calls himselfl snow DWARF has an Evac Shelter on top of a magma sea.

There are almost no supplies in the evac shelter left, but with stout labor comes sustenance. Whethe by bolt, plow or hook, provide for yourself. You are expecting other survivors just before winter entombs you, but it is spring now. Enough time to delve secure lodgings, ere the zombies get hungry.
A new chapter of dwarven history begins here at this place, Nazushlêned, “Bloodshelter”. Strike the earth!

For some reason, there is no proper Noun for Lava or Magma in the dwarven language of DF. This might make sense though, since Magma is considered to be Armoks Blood, so…

1 Like

[quote=“Kadian, post:11, topic:14357”]I find this all hilariously fitting: A Person who calls himselfl snow DWARF has an Evac Shelter on top of a magma sea.

There are almost no supplies in the evac shelter left, but with stout labor comes sustenance. Whethe by bolt, plow or hook, provide for yourself. You are expecting other survivors just before winter entombs you, but it is spring now. Enough time to delve secure lodgings, ere the zombies get hungry.
A new chapter of dwarven history begins here at this place, Nazushlêned, “Bloodshelter”. Strike the earth!

For some reason, there is no proper Noun for Lava or Magma in the dwarven language of DF. This might make sense though, since Magma is considered to be Armoks Blood, so…[/quote]

This makes me want to play DF again.

Scientists who study volcanos need a full thermo suit to just look over the edge of the volcano. It makes sense that you can’t go anywhere near volcano pools without dying.