What World Gen Settings do you use?

Another ‘‘what do you do’’ thread, but I feel this one’s interesting to know.
So I have played mostly with the basic options in terms of worldgen. 4 cities, 1.0 spawn factors, and so on.

But lately i’ve been wondering what other people use for their world gen settings. To see if there’s a more interesting way to set up a world, that either makes it more challenging, or just generally more interesting in terms of what you see.

I know that setting cities to 1 makes the world mostly wilderness with a couple small towns here and there. And 16 adds in huge cities, but there’s so many ways to change the generation that a small change can have a drastic effect on gameplay.

So to the people who have a unique option set compared to the vanilla, and for any reason swear by it over vanilla. Please share it here, maybe with your reasoning underneath it so people can know why you love the settings how they are.

Normal + Delete world when character dies

Because it sucks to stumble over dead bodies of your predecessors.

City size 4
Spawn rates 1.0 (there are kind of a few zombies so I might go 1.2 from now on).
Start at 8am spring.

20 day seasons.
Static and wander zombie spawns.
Static NPCs (still only seen the first npc).

Random NPCs and radiation mutations off.

This is how I’ve been playing for ever.

[quote=“Raskulle, post:3, topic:7707”]City size 4
Spawn rates 1.0 (there are kind of a few zombies so I might go 1.2 from now on).
Start at 8am spring.

20 day seasons.
Static and wander zombie spawns.
Static NPCs (still only seen the first npc).

Random NPCs and radiation mutations off.

This is how I’ve been playing for ever.[/quote]I believe the static NPCs setting allows a survivor outpost to spawn.

I won’t keep my hopes up.
I have been playing “for ever” and I still haven’t even seen a FEMA camp.
Like, even teh nubs are boasting about making bases there.

city size 6 (sometimes 16 for some urban combat or having fun with cheats but not for main gameplay)
start at winter max days (no need for fridge asap and allow to wear some armor on after getting some mele skills
static npc on
mutation from radiation on
sometimes i increase zombie spawn rate
hordes on because why not

[
“boats”,
“ags”,
“ew_pack”,
“Experimental-Z-Level”,
“nanosoldier”,
“xstuff”,
“blazemod”
]

[quote=“Raskulle, post:5, topic:7707”]I won’t keep my hopes up.
Like, even teh nubs are boasting about making bases there.[/quote]

its not fema camp its refugee center i saw one but never tried to move at one

Regular city size
1.00 spawn rate
start at 7 a.m. of Spring
91 day seasons
Static spawn
Static NPCs

zombie spawn = 0.5
item spawn = 0.01
static NPC and sometimes random NPC

Really puts some value in items and makes some skills or items actually worth using. Someone was talking about these setting in another thread awhile back so I gave it a try and really liked it.

City size at 6, seasons at 80 days, and I start in winter. I don’t play with hordes or NPCs, and everything else is pretty much the same.

City Size 2
Monster Spawn 3
Item Spawn .70

Query on death, cause you never know

Seasons and start time default.
Static Spawn
Static NPCs
Hoards, no, not since they magically appeared inside my gate.

90 day seasons, NPCs off, delete world on. Everything else is pretty much stock.

Oh, and DinoMod. Haven’t seen any dinos yet, but I’m keeping an eye out!

For my next world I’m planning to turn spawns up. 1.0 is just not that many zombies.

Static spawn, Static NPCs, normal item spawn and enemy spawn, start in Spring, default season length.

I used to go Classic entirely but recently turned it to off.

Dinosaurs mostly spawn in Swamps. The ONE good thing about them is the fact that they have shitloads of meat. Meat that you can’t logically access without leaving yourself open to a dozen giant insects, frogs, and other dinosaurs.

[quote=“Raskulle, post:5, topic:7707”]I won’t keep my hopes up.

It’s pretty easy to find them if you know where to look. Get some food and water, and a bike or car. Then just drive to the ends of every road in sight. It helps if you have read a road map so you can see where the roads end. It might take 2-3 days if youre REALLY unlucky, but usually you can find it pretty fast once you do this.

Why do some of you chose 90 day seasons? What benefit is there?

[quote=“123456789, post:14, topic:7707”][quote=“Raskulle, post:5, topic:7707”]I won’t keep my hopes up.

It’s pretty easy to find them if you know where to look. Get some food and water, and a bike or car. Then just drive to the ends of every road in sight. It helps if you have read a road map so you can see where the roads end. It might take 2-3 days if youre REALLY unlucky, but usually you can find it pretty fast once you do this.

Why do some of you chose 90 day seasons? What benefit is there?[/quote]
The 90 day (Or 91 day, in my case) makes the average game year 360 days long, which is close to the RL 365 day years.

Mob Spawn: 15.00
Item Spawn: 0.30
City Size: 8
Season Length: 91
No NPCs.
Spring, 6 AM.
Missed Senario.