What SHOULD be more realistic?

According to the lore many stores where looted during riots. They might not have been as bad in the country side but the riotors where basically people driven insane who rioted just for the hell of it (basically a quarter of the population turned into the eqeaveland aggressive and psychotic holliguns pumped up on hard drugs) . I doubt that these people would leave any store alone if they had the oppertunity to loot it so that is where much of the clothing whent.

Maybe 99% of the people didn’t respond, but they were infected by the virus before the action. Because there are too many zombies in the city, the remaining survivors can’t explore for fear or various reasons (NPC is never as smart as the protagonist)
But… Shouldn’t weapons and other military supplies deserve more attention? Even if people don’t use
In the last days, people can have protection without wearing other clothes that will make you cumbersome (if you don’t feel cold or have special environmental requirements), and underpants can’t stop you from wandering outside, because there are no other living people

Firetrucks should contain large tanks of water. Also, their sirens seem messed up (all red and all in middle).

1 Like

I think Lactose Intolerance should be changed. As someone with Pancolitis I don’t eat fast food or drink milk and find them disgusting. My reaction is the same as always. There is just a chance that eating too much of something could cause a flare up. Which doesn’t always happen anyway.

I think thats what the trait should do. You suffer no morale penalty from eating lactose containing food but there is a chance that it will cause a flare up which will impact your speed, make you tired (since in real life loss of fluids causes this with a flare up). And maybe mild pain.

That would make the trait realistic. At the moment it isn’t as realistic as it could be.

6 Likes

The flare up itself could cause a very slight morale loss. It never bothers me in that way but I imagine it does for some people.

Might even be able to add Asacol/Mesalazine as treatment for the condition.

1 Like

Can i ask why the traits malnourished and Obese (I think is called XS, XL I don’t remember right now) only gives you 1 one trait point? I think that it at least should give 2 or 3 points.

Trait points are a lie!

1 Like

i also have seen that the game have a groundhog (woodchuck). So as the law requires me to say it, i will ask.

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

4 Likes

Answer: A woodchucker’s wood chucking’s worth.

Both malnourishment and obesity can be cured in the game (where it might be easier done than in reality), so they shouldn’t be worth a lot of points.

XS and XL (and XXL) are used to indicate the “size” (rather than weight) of a mutated character, if I’m not mistaken. I don’t believe the game has anything corresponding to the clothing store system of XL, XXL, (XXXL?) to provide clothing for various levels of obesity, so players don’t have to change clothing to fit changing waist lines, but they do have to replace their clothing if they mutate into something much smaller (e.g. rat) or (very) much larger than a human (e.g. ursine). Also note that the game doesn’t have the concept of clothing size based on height, but rather the simplified fit/poor fit, where the latter is everything that’s not of the PC size.

2 Likes

Who are you, who are so wise in the ways of science?

Thank you, by the way.

Because obese is basically free calories which you can spend upgrading skills by reading books while eating nothing. I don’t really get why it does cost anything, imo it’s more of a bonus than a malus.
Also, the answer is “a metric chuckton”.

1 Like

Given all the mutations going on, we could have giant mutant woodchucks that devour whole trees :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Legs/feet fatigue should be a thing. Rucking 30km with a heavy backpack may f*ck up one’s legs. And if our feet are not prepared for such distance, even ~10kg pack may make an enormous difference. Pain, blisters, bruises, blood, maybe even infected blisters. This is reality

2 Likes

The food & fatness system. As it is, it’s based on the BMI, which is weirdly skewed - to put it simply, it considers you ‘overweight’ at weights that are perfectly safe, but only ‘underweight’ when you’re about to start suffering as much as someone considered ‘obese’. Additionally, there aren’t any significant health drawbacks to rapidly gaining or losing a lot of weight, which effectively makes it safer and healthier to go on a three-day crash diet to lose 150 pounds than to simply be fat for the same amount of time. (I’m not saying there shouldn’t be drawbacks - just that way they’re currently implemented feels half-cocked and unsatisfying.)

I’d also like if the weight system could be modified to incorporate the fit of clothing. Collecting and managing clothes is one of my favorite survival tasks, and I’d love if that were integrated with the weight system so I could deal with having to fix/find clothing when my character’s weight changes dramatically.

Being able to put cans in a pillowcase and whack zombies with it, with appropriate breaking or at least a scalable damage bonus for the amount of cans you have.

Reminds me of when I was really young and I’d use a pillowcase as a sack for my halloween candy storage

@DreadRoach While it would be realistic to try to find clothes in somewhere close to your own size and refit them by adding/removing fabric, most people would probably find it tedious if they had to do it whenever the calorie system decided their weight had changed, in particular since the important pieces of armor require a significant skill to modify, as well as hard to get materials.
I wouldn’t mind a clothing centered mod that you could elect not to use, though.

Yeah, this is something you wouldn’t want to make too realistic or I could see it spiraling into a massive pain for players to manage (especially if they need a character to gain/lose a dramatic amount of weight). At the very least, I wouldn’t give each size category a 1:1 match in clothing scale - more like 2-3 weight stages per size, so that your weight can fluctuate healthily without making you overhaul your whole wardrobe.

No issues with the suggestion to make it a mod, though. I know most people probably aren’t playing CDDA as a wardrobe management simulator.

2 Likes

Maybe this has been already implemented but zombies should be able to push you back/down. Even in a bottleneck, standing ground against a group should be near impossible with all the Zs pressing towards you.

3 Likes

Skeleton juggernauts and similar zombies move you out of the way very quickly, but it doesn’t represent the push of a crowd.

That is more of a grab you and throw you or hit/push you so hard they send you flying kind of thing