What is your favorite new feature in 0.5?

What is your favorite new feature in 0.5? I have to say I’m really liking all the new crafting stuff recipes!

No more lag when you look at the map screen near the border of two generated maps!

And also all the new buildings and houses that have basements. And the cars on the road (I wish they had items in them sometimes though).

Mine is all the new buildings and vehicles all over, makes it more realistic, before vehicles were rare but now you can find wrecks everwhere. Also the new classes and crafting items.

Great job!

The new Json file format. I’m ineptly modding things all over the place!

The wrecks I must say really add character to the world, it feels much more like it was once inhabited. The feel of running down streets with wrecked cars is just…great.

Apart from that, as a windows user, having animations work properly is great.

vehicle wrecks and the new buildings. ESPECIALLY the new buildings. The wrecks just add to the ambience.

Also, there’s underground parking lots beneath office towers.

I can’t figure out how to fix broken limbs so probably not that. It also seems that practically everything will break a limb, being shot broke my arm and being bitten by a wolf broke my leg.

Kind of over the top.

As mentioned, the new vehicles and buildings are cool.

[quote=“Austupaio, post:7, topic:1233”]I can’t figure out how to fix broken limbs so probably not that. It also seems that practically everything will break a limb, being shot broke my arm and being bitten by a wolf broke my leg.

Kind of over the top.

As mentioned, the new vehicles and buildings are cool.[/quote]

Are you playing with the hardcore trait? If so I’m not suprised. Depending on strength you’ll have about 11-15~hp. That means any limb could be easily OHKO. Otherwise, what? You aren’t adventuring naked are you? Wear some army pants, hard arm sleeves and a helmet.
I find it hard to believe anything could OHKO an 80+ HP limb. multiple attacks, yes, but… >.>

Public works. By far my favorite new feature is the Public Works building. Jerry cans, toilets, tools, and they are outside of cities. This is a rural survivalist’s wet dream. I now feel like I can play with static spawn zombies and not get owned over and over before I finally get luck and have a great start.

suddenly starting with 1 point in unarmed, str13 and martial arts dosn’t allow you to wade through hordes of zombies from the moment to go… the change to dodge means constant bites!

Yeah, I’m getting hit a ton, too. Seems like a walking corpse is more effective in combat than a fully functional person. Go figure.

[quote=“Iosyn, post:6, topic:1233”]vehicle wrecks and the new buildings. ESPECIALLY the new buildings. The wrecks just add to the ambience.

Is it sad that I know exactly where your avatar is from…

I feel dirty.

[quote=“Sirquote, post:12, topic:1233”][quote=“Iosyn, post:6, topic:1233”]vehicle wrecks and the new buildings. ESPECIALLY the new buildings. The wrecks just add to the ambience.

I feel dirty.[/quote]

So… Where is it from?

[quote=“osoII, post:13, topic:1233”][quote=“Sirquote, post:12, topic:1233”][quote=“Iosyn, post:6, topic:1233”]vehicle wrecks and the new buildings. ESPECIALLY the new buildings. The wrecks just add to the ambience.

I feel dirty.[/quote]

So… Where is it from?[/quote] I’m interested myself :P.

New buildings and stranded vehicles. 2 tiles away from the evac shelter I find a functional semi.

Most definitely the advanced inventory control, lamely named DDA-Boy. :slight_smile: