What is going on here?

I haven’t been able to play the last few experimental lately. Why?

Doing any fucking action will make your char speed go some insane number, leaving you like this:

I can’t play for more than my starting period, which means me trying to leave the shelter.

I can’t seem to replicate this one. Which version are you using?

I would upload the file, but it’s too big. I don’t feel like making an account anywhere else for just one file :l

But I’m playing on ver: 0.9-3182-g16e670a

Not sure if it’s the same issue, but I loaded a saved game (this is the second load, third time playing) and my character has a speed/movement points used last time unit/whatever of 22664888. I will attempt to move and see if it hurts.

EDIT: Nope, I walk around like normal. My version is 0.9-3137-g3b6f739

huh, we’ve seen a bug where something similar happens to a monster, it might be the same bug but applied to the player.

Is it possible you started with an addiction? It look like the behavior i posted a yesterday.

http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=5001.0

If it’s addiction dragging your speed into negative digits, that’s been fixed very recently in the experimental builds.

Might want to grab a copy of the latest and see.

I did not have any addictions. But I’ll play the latest and see if I can get my Cata chops back again.

This may have something to do with me upping how much the map is revealed on spawn, aka Distance initial visibility.