What do you most want to see in game?

The temperature changes, that’s really all that’s needed. A check for warmth vs temp during sleep, and you’re done. I just gotta… you know, learn how to do all that :slight_smile:

Oh, oh! I got another idea! rises hand like a small school boy
Can we reduce the impact of torso encumbrance on melee fights?

I’m not sure about you but I can fight pretty good with my backpack and a leather jacket without taking twice as long to strike and dodge.
Probably some of you will say that this would make the game easier and that’s something a roguelike should not get but maybe with the addition of endurance (which I read will probably be added one day) it will be balanced.

Btw you could also change the text of the mouth encumbrance in the character sheet. It still says that it reduces your movement speed although it has been changed.

[quote=“gtaguy, post:33, topic:54”]I think an all round use key, 'a’pply should do this.
And 'e’xamine should be used for picking up items in the ground and interacting with the environment.
But wait! It is already much like this, so for further suggestions be sure you know what it is your talking about.[/quote]

But wait! There’s no need to be hostile!
Also, although you can do some functions through 'a’pplying, you can’t do all (such as taking things off, or examining items). What I was talking about was that to look at an item you have to use the 'i’nventory, but to actually use it you have to use a different button (and other such confusions). Similarly, it’s not clear to new users that it’s easier to use 'a’pply for things like eating - as that doesn’t make much sense.

I see GlyphGryph is already taking the inventory in that way, so I’m sorry to bring this up else where.

NPCs where horribly buggy, they still are.

I remember that there heads exploded every five seconds due to errors.

I find now NPCs are generally horde magnets, nothing like seeing someone go nuts with a shotgun in the middle of town to get me running the other way.

When I’m driving, if I see an NPC, they’re moreso a minor speed bump with occasional great nuke. The only minireactors I’ve ever seen are on NPCs.

I need something to drink.

Stealth mode and a corresponding skill.

Maybe a sprint mode too, so I can run away from the inevitable horse at an accelerated pace in exchange for getting tired faster. Might make that as skill too, depending on how bad y’all are concerned with skill list bloat.

an AI that can read the forums and implement these changes so I actually have time to play the game.

You wish, so get back to work! cracks whip

What I want most is for the inventory and the broken menus to be fixed.
If that happens I will probably play non stop until my eyes fall out.

For me the only thing that stops me from playing myself to starvation is the amount of bugs and instability, I know that a lot of work is getting put into that though (realllly looking forward to the lighting speed up coming soon!) so I’m already getting my list of excuses together to avoid social interaction distraction.

I cannot agree more, If the current bugs were fixed and the game ran a lot smoother, I would be playing non stop.

Three things that would allow us to create an empire from a handful of dust.

Primitive fire starting, knapping, and the ability to produce string and thread (and possibly sewing kits) from the products of the forest. Currently we cannot acquire an edged weapon nor can we create fire or string our bows/mend our clothes without utilizing pre-cataclysm manufactured tools. If I can turn a couple rocks into a cutting edge and produce fire from what I find in the woods that means that given enough skill and patience I can live like the queen of the jungle, wearing the furs of the animals I hunt with the bow I made for myself and cooking their tasty flesh on a stick over a fire I built with a fire plow or bow-drill of my own manufacture.

That’s simple enough to add in, I had a mod ages ago that did exactly that, let you harvest bones and sinews from animals, and make sharp rocks and bone needles and whatnot.

I have to agree that it would be great to be able to sort of make everything from scratch with a high enough survival skill, but I also wonder if it might become too easy if you didn’t HAVE to venture into town/Z infected areas to get necessities. Currently living near a body of water and beehives makes eating and drinking pretty trivial, and with good clothing/equipment you can pretty much survive indefinitely. Obviously this is all changing with weather implementation and increased scarcity and stuff but I do wonder if it might become a bit to easy if you could get everything in the pretty harmless forests.

You won’t be able to get everything but you will be able to get a lot of basic necessities.

Oh and btw if you ever start working on the NPCs please don’t add new quests, factions and all those nonsense.
Make them less annoying first.

Look at Rogue Survivor.
Although those civilians are still dumb as hell sometimes they are a great help when you recruit them.

Simple orders like “Stay here” are what we need.

+1 to Jimy, I’d really like to see a ‘wait here’ command so that I don’t have to constantly have them around/following me.

Hiding in bathroom with NPC>lightening>death

Happened too much.

Except lighting’s been disabled for several versions now.