What do you most want to see in game?

I would like to see NPC bugs get fixed then focus on the inventory system.

Would removing NPCs alltogether be considered as a “fix”? (Obviously with the intent of adding them back in at a later point, but better.)

I mention door in my post. Does the door/roof requirement include diagonal squares? For the default car I thought the front portion of the driver is windshield and a board/frame to the front left. I suppose the windshield acts as roof, too bad they are always destroyed, that might be why my previous char was getting wet.
My current character is using a custom made car so I cannot check.

For those who don’t know, you can remove NPC generation by adding a file called no_npc.txt in the data folder.

Weather is checked by checking the four directly adjacent squares to see if they are either roofed or impassable.

Destroyed windshields are not impassable, nor are open doors, but either is when fully functional.

I believe, although I’m not entirely certain of this, that In/Out is checked before vehicle rotation, so if a square is “In”, it is so regardless of vehicle orientation.

Thanks for the reply. I thought it includes the diagonal squares. I suppose I can replace the windshield with a door to stop the rain.

I would like to see in this game more developed model of radioactive pollution (radiation sickness varying degrees, opportunity to die from it, radioactive dust, irradiation of food, water and transport in some places to a Geiger counter was more useful. In the explosion of a mininuke effect of very bright flash, fires, EMP, shock wave and penetrating radiation.

I guess radiation could have more of a presence, really you don’t much worry about it until that NPC tries to pick up that Mininuke (active) right next to your base.

Mostly trade and things to improve sustainability more than “HUNT ERRYDAY”, so farming.
More enemies, and an improved spawning system, one that makes it possible to have an area “safe” for a few days, or up to a week before more zombies pour into it.
Enemies like hivebots, bandits, bionic zombies, mutants that have generated mutations so that one mutant you see might be far weaker than that last one you encountered, or vice versa.

Definitely implementing a way to make bionic CBMs with the electronics and mechanics skill, as I feel the electronics skill is kinda weak and doesn’t offer a great deal.
Should be a way to produce clean water via distillation over time, water purifiers are instant but this one would provide cleaned water from rainfall, maybe a drain along your roof that collects water into a container, you take that container and put it on a still, your water boils if there is a small fire under the still and you leave that there for a few days, one still likely wouldn’t provide all the clean water you need.

EDIT:

While I’m talking about some stills how about booze making alongside farming if it ever gets implemented? Granted you’re never going to be farming the cactus’ required for tequila but it does open the door for a right good bottle of moonshine!

Yeast, wheat/fruit, cold water, and a condensing tank.

I would like to see a tempature system for items, like your orange juice getting warm when placed near a fire and offering less enjoyment. Or items left outside not under a roof getting cold. Items left under a roof would be normal tempature.

It would be cool to see different shades of blue, red, and white representing the different tempatures.
Red being hot, cooked meals would start hot and get cold. Cold meals would be less enjoyable.
Blue items would be cold, drinks (other than coffee and tea) would start like this hot drinks are less enjoyable.
White items would be the middleman, being normal tempature.

Sustainability ~

1 - Wells or other catch basins or other constructable (clean) water sources.
3 - Gardening and maybe a simple abstracted fishing system.
2- The ability to dig around in the ground a little more comfortably, or something I can construct (lighting rod?) to mitigate the danger lighting presents to my precious, precious shelter. If lighting is going to strike no matter what I do I’d at least like to go dwarf-crazy and build a little bad-weather shelter under my house which means the ability to dig down to the level below and hopefully more accessible digging tools (I think jackhammers are the only option right now and a pickaxe or shovel would be a nice alternative as well as a cool zombie-smiting implement) as right now the player’s ability to create underground shelter is severely limited.

These three things, as well as the currently extant construction options and such, will allow a diligent player to turn any site into a viable home that not only houses but also provides the basic necessities of day-to-day survival.

Farming is most definitely planned, and with farming there will of course be alcohol distillation, gotta get them molotovs somehow.
Fishing will make a comeback as soon as I can figure out a nice way to do it.
3) I’ve disabled lighting strikes until such a time as I can make them less annoying.

And digging underground is quite complicated, as the game doesn’t handle z levels very well, you’ll notice that, for example, the evac shelter stairs are about 5 tiles away from where they are above ground.

Hello! First post - awesome, awesome game. I’ve barely slept since starting playing this - thank you!

Anyway, as a new player, the one improvement I’d love, and I know it goes against the grain of RLs to an extent, but I’d love a more simplified inventory which can be managed all on ‘one screen’. So instead of having to press ‘E’ for eating and ‘D’ for dropping and ‘W’ for wearing (and so on) it could all just be done from ‘I’.

In terms of doing this, I guess it could be that you could press the key for the item and then choose e, d, w ect. afterwards, but there may be a more slick way of doing this. I know this isn’t really a huge reduction in key strokes or anything, but I feel it would be a lot nicer and easier to get into for starting players.

I think an all round use key, 'a’pply should do this.
And 'e’xamine should be used for picking up items in the ground and interacting with the environment.
But wait! It is already much like this, so for further suggestions be sure you know what it is your talking about.

[color=red]GlyphGryph: The administration would like to remind all forum-goers that we do not allow personal attacks on other members here. If you post inappropriate content, do not be surprised to see it replaced with administrative red.

Statements like “Like the **** dumb***es they are, if you can’t appreciate cata then go play cod you stupid 13 year old no lifer” count as inappropriate comments, even if the aren’t directed at another specific poster. As is the word “cuntburger”, pretty much whatever the context.

I assume mapitemsdef.cpp is where items are generated?
I couldn’t find wood axes, but it might be under another name.
mi_mechanics does not have metal tanks, nor 6.5l engine, foot crank, seats and big wheels(I don’t know if the which are intentional). It does have electric motor twice, not sure if that affects the frequency.

Wood axe is in the code as itm_ax

GlyphGryph: The administration would like to remind all forum-goers that we do not allow personal attacks on other members here. If you post inappropriate content, do not be surprised to see it replaced with administrative red.

Even if the post IS just tongue in cheek, which was likely with this one. We’ve got to keep up appearances after all.

Keep it on topic guys.

I’ve wanted to see cold temperatures having negative effects in the game. I am currently looking into adding a check while sleeping that if the player is too cold, he wakes up. If I stick to it, it’ll be my first contribution!

I don’t think it actually GETS cold yet, does it?

Also, I have flexed my dictatorial muscles and cleaned up some posts a bit. This is not the thread to discuss that - start another if you want.

Although the “Improving NPCs” is the number one in the vote right now I would you really ask to improve the item system by just adding more storage capacity for trunks.
It’s just strange that I can store more stuff in my backpack than in a car trunk.

Not sure if you’d need to overhaul deep parts of the code or just change a single number so I hope it won’t be to time intensive.

This one unfortunately. Although with the new inventory stuff GlyphGryph is working on (and will amaze us all with soon I hope :slight_smile: ) adding space to trunks will be easier.