What are some things that should be in the Cataclysm?

Oh, we enjoy that shit in Cadets…hell, they have several flavours of it now…

I guess they changed it up a bit then, I think the fruit pudding was my fav dessert. I’m going back a few years though.

(Cadet) Science has proven Sticky Toffee Pudding is the best Ration Pudding!

1 Like

Pull request away for rammed earth walls, a simple, relatively effective, but time-consuming way to protect your innawoods retreat from the shambling hordes. It’s not what I had in mind initially, but seemed a good fit for the game, especially since digging pits via activating a shovel produces so much soil now. They’re fairly weak, but that’s mostly for balance reasons, as it only requires a small investment in a light wooden frame and some water to produce a solid curtain wall for your base, given a week to spare. Thanks for poking me in the direction of actually contributing something to the game for once.

Looking into making a recipe for straining clay from soil by mixing it with water and separating out the clay, but it’ll require me to learn how to make use transformations, as well as a ‘container of clay water’ item that takes about a day to mature into clay balls.

3 Likes

I saw, thanks for doing that.

I also saw that the stick used to compact the earth is consumed when you construct the wall. I assume that’s because you cannot specify specific tools for constructions?

Clay can already be produced from digging a pit, so you may want to just adjust the clay drops from that if you think there should be more clay produced from digging a pit.

The stick is given back as a byproduct of the construction, like sand was given as a byproduct of the ‘extract sand’ construction. I’ve tested that ingame, so no worries there. Maybe I should add a line about that not being consumed in the description like I have with the frame?

As for clay, fair point. Clay straining for modelling and stuff was one of the other popular uses for large amounts of soil that I saw online, but yeah, in light of getting clay from digging it makes sense.

No, I just missed that is was a by-product.

Don’t forget to load your quiverzine.

2 Likes

In reality you have more than a 180 degree view as you can be aware of things on all sides via head turning, pehriprial vision, air pressure, sound waves, 6th sense, etc.

I really like the memory system in CDDA even if I choose forgetful most of the time (I’m also forgetful IRL so it’s a nice challenge to find my dropped bag again).

As for suggestions I think tiles should have different memory values. Walls, roads and lakes may be more memorable than that small shrub and thus harder to forget.

I’ve always thought that was weird.

You can spend a solid week in a house, leave it for 24 hours and you’ve forgotten the layout when you come back.

1 Like

Mentioned it elsewhere, but knowing people read this a lot…

Hacksaws give the added option of sawing off the stock of alarger gun like a rifle or a shotgun. Mainly for a shotgun. So you can holster the sawn off barrel and stock version in a fast draw holster.

Which makes sense as the small conceal nature of them in real life is illegal in the USA for the ease of concealment…gettin tired…startin in on my Dr. Seus sentences lol

You used to be able to saw off a shotgun in CDDA, does it not work anymore?

One of these. In Mil Surp stores or LMOE shelters. Attach to unclean water bottle and you are set.

water-filtration-system-outdoor-sport-camping

1 Like

Unclean “water bottle” aka 200 gallon barrel

3 Likes

Canned Yak meal replacement. Replacing the contents of your stomach with a none.

Yup. But only the barrel. I wanna see as a extra feature, using a hacksaw/toolkit, to saw off the ass end(stock) as well. Would be great for shotguns. Lowers weight a lot and allows the fast draw holster to holster the shotgun. Plausible too. Especially a over under double barrel. Over under gun can sit pretty flush in a holster while being bad ass in a pinch over a pistol. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think Candy bars and nutrition bars are there already in a way.

1 Like

We have granola. But not specifically protein/power bars…Unless those are new. That would be a great idea. I’ll add that idea to my food thread. :slight_smile:

Mutations:

Pyrokinesis- Level 1= Able to add a percentage roll to unarmed combat to ignite target when struck. Able to start a fire(like a lighter/match). Require X cool down turns.

Level 2= all the crap level 1 can do except the mutation is much more powerful. You can tap your food/water reserves(making you very hungry and thirsty+ cool down timer) to shoot a stream of fire out of your hands. Gloves canlimit the range but won’t require being removed because it is a focused mental projection. With your central nervous system having special nerve branches from the brain down to the palm of your hands. Think of Tony Starks iron man suit…except with a long range flame thrower. The manifestation of fire super heats the air in your palms. Then the thought of pressurising that heat contains it until the user would create an opening using their fingers as pointers. Bam! Pyro jet!

Cryokinesis= lvl 1= snufs out fire and can be used a handfful of times in a row.

lvl 2= shoot ice daggers 6 inches long like that bone guy hat fought wolverine in xmen 3(the crappy film, not the apocalypse film).

2 Likes

Negative Trait: Hates Driving. Mood penalties when driving, driving skill comes very slowly.

Mutation Branch: Sleeper. Get tired faster. Start sleepwalking. Move slowly while asleep, but gain bonuses in other areas.

Mutation Branch: Shade. Generally more sneaky - harder to hear you, or see you, or smell you, especially at night. Night vision. Squishy. Generate smoke? Be a spooky, sneaky, frail ghost.

Mechanic: Ambitions. Like Battle Brothers. Pick an ambition, complete it for a benefit. Find a new artifact, or kill a special enemy, or trigger a late-game event. Mostly I’m looking at this as an easily-controlled way of increasing stats.

Mechanic: Breakthroughs. Pick a reward. Get a set of objectives. Each time you complete an objective, roll a die. On a success, you get the reward. On a failure, increase the chance of succeeding next time you roll. Rewards may have skill requirements, such as high levels of first aid or fabrication. Rewards are mostly crafting recipes, including for things that don’t currently exist in the game world. Even in the apocalypse you can advance the frontiers of SCIENCE!

2 Likes

More prison stuff. Like sugar-free drink mixes, bags of pruno, net bags, burlap/recycled blankets. Lol

2 Likes