Web Item Browser

I wish I could upvote you twice.

I have been having issues with the hosting provider.

I’ve testing some things, the Development copy is in Amazon EC2, while the Stable copy is in google apps engine.

There might be some hicups, I’m working on it.

If any of you notice anything weird, please let me know.

Thank you.

More updates

• change how armor protection was shown
  • Show Item flags’ text (water proof, withstand a lot of abuse, etc)
  • Show Item qualities
  • Quality catalog

The development database has a lot more qualities, so check them out.

It’s looking good so far, and I haven’t came across any bugs.

Once again, very handy app to have up while playing; thanks for all the work on it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Took a look.

Only problem I’ve got is a fairly common one, as tables go: tables that are so long you lose the header, and have to keep paging up and down to see what that number means. Might be helpful to repeat the header every so often, or at least have it at the top and the bottom.

(Some setups let you have the header follow you around. Not sure if that’s achievable without javascript or flash, though, and I much prefer the browser working without either of those. Thanks for being NoScript-friendly!)

That’s an unusual request, KA101.

It’s definitely possible, but yes, it has to use javascript, right now the only javascript I’m using is for sorting the tables, which is quite handy.

I could use this library: http://www.asual.com/jquery/thead/samples/ but you would have to disable no-script for the item browser, of course.

Only suggestion i could make to improve this is to add pictures for examples of each item, this will help people who don’t quite get what things like helmet netting or ballistic glasses which if you haven’t ever had experience with such things you wouldn’t think that might help special ops character or whatever but aside from that I think this whole thing looks very cool, if you need help with anything id be willing to help of course I do not have any programming experience just a good understanding of cataclysm and a lot of the real world items that are in cataclysm.

Alpha, unfortunately that would be way out of the scope of this app.

It only reads the game data files, adding pictures would be a daunting task as there are hundreds of items, and we would have to keep track of new items added.

This would be better done in the wiki, as it’s more flexible for those kinds of tasks.

Ah, thought it looked more like an alternate wiki. Which they already do in the wiki, anyways good job guys!

I’ve added a new feature.

When viewing an item, the item menu has a new link which redirects to the official wiki.

It’s particularly useful on some items which have custom information like the Sewing kit

I would like to update the wiki with links back to the item browser, I could use some help with this.

Does it require any coding?

Hey; I’ve been noticing a weird bug(?) - sometimes searching for an item by its ID comes up with ‘no matches found’. For example I just searched for ‘power_supply’ and couldn’t find it; I had to search for ‘power converter’ instead; its display name.

Antistair, yes, it’s a bug when searching for IDs with underscores, I seem to have introduced it a few days ago.

I just fixed that, thank you for the report!

Ah - cool. I was wondering about that.

is this compatible with the Sperimental version of the game?

Flame: yes it’s compatible, on the top bar there’s a “development” link. With a nightly copy of the data files.

After a long while of not updating the item browser, I’ve recently received a few suggestions and got them working:

• Fix the “Heal” field when viewing items, should now be “Healthy” and display the appropiate value - Kodi Arfer
  • Show commestibles’ charges - Kodi Arfer
  • Show commestibles’ spoil rate in days. - Kodi Arfer
  • Show commestibles’ stimulant value in minutes. - Kodi Arfer
  • Implemented a skill catalog, found on the home page, it lets you browse the items you’re able to build at certain level of each skill. -Matthew Stein
  • Implemented an item flag catalog, found on the home pag, it lets you browse the items that have certain flags. - Chase S

I still want to publish the source code as I haven’t been able to follow the game lately and I want the community to keep updating it, but it’s not very well commented so I want to clean it up a bit, unless somebody wants to help me with that.

Cool!

I might. What language is it written in?

How about a ‘mods’ tab of the weapons section? Other than that, this tool is very helpful.

Quick bug report: the new skills menu only seems to account for secondary skills to gain recipes, eg a Flintlock Pistol does require a 4 in Guns, but it also requires an 8 in Fabrication. It shows up under Guns 4 but nowhere in Fabrication.