Web Item Browser

I find this site very useful too; both while playing and while working on the tileset.

A minor useability suggestion that came to mind just now is that it would be nice if the ‘recipes: n’ bit (in green) and similar things like ‘craft’ (in grey) would also link to the recipes, craft, etc pages for the item in question. I keep on trying to click on those.

You’re right, that’s a good idea.

It’s ready now, you can click the color labels.

Pretty cool tool, I assume you parse the game json files and build a relations table ?

That’s right, it has a copy of the source code and reads the data/json files stitching things up together.

New update

It now you can now browse some items, I’m duplicating some of the layout of the wiki, it will be useful to update the wiki too.

It’s awesome and I second the motion of making it a sticky.

Some suggestions I have for it are:
Under “Common useful items” only the stone hammer seems to have recipes
I’d like to see a “food” category
Also a “gun” category, divided into rifles/SMG etc
I’m not sure if this would make it too cluttered or not, but I’d love to be able to see storage, coverage, and environmental protection for clothing/armor

Great work Sheco, rather than an outdated wiki this is exactly the sort of thing we need imo!

Thank you vidarsk, and remember there’s an item browser with a copy of the development database so it’s always up-to-date.

• What items would you recommend for common items?
  • Food is definitely going to be added
  • Guns too. I think it’s a little harder because it has to include ammo stats.
  • I’m not so sure about adding more columns to the armor table… the site is mobile friendly and these tables broke some of that, i’d rather have the users click through and see the full details (there’s some extra cool stuff in the details like fire protection)

Speaking of details, having both metric and non-metric measurements for items would be a nice touch.

It has both, if you hover the weight, it shows the value in kg, but you’re right, it’s too subtle.

I’ve changed that. But only when viewing the full item, not in the clothing/armor tables.

Yeah, I had no idea that was there; it looked like any other plain text. Thanks for the change. :slight_smile:

I founds a bug, sorta \o/

It doesn’t show storage space for special “add-on” items like http://cdda.estilofusion.com/fanny

Nice catch vidarsk. it is indeed a bug, it was incorrectly identifying armor, only showing armor stats if it covered a body part.

Additionally I found another error, protection was incorrect for items with thickness 0, fixed that too.

Update:

• Supports ranged weapons’ stats
  • Shows a list of the possible ammo/charges for tools and guns
  • Ranged weapon catalog
  • Bug fixes.

Update:

• Consumables (food/drinks/meds)

The app is pretty much complete now, any other requests.

Would it be possible to add more space between page content and ads? They are too distracting ring now.

How much more separated would you like them to be? I added a couple of lines between content and ads now.

Much better, thanks.

Adds? HA! GAYY!!! (blocked by adblocker here).

:frowning:

I have it whitelisted. :stuck_out_tongue: