Weapon Mod Overhaul

Alright, I’ve been thinking long and hard about this. It came from tons of firearm play in game, and my use of firearms and attachments in my Army career.

Here we go:

The Rail System:

Currently, there is a maximum of 4 weapon mods on any given gun (right?), but in practice you could attach more, especially if your weapon had a rail system!
It would be a weapon mod that doesn’t take up a slot, but adds another slot. So if you already have 4 mods, you attach a rail and get another.
To balance this you could limit what firearms are able to take a rail modification. So IE: rifles and submachineguns. I imagine you could attach a rail to a shotgun or pistol, but come on…

Pros: An extra slot for a weapon mod
Cons: Added weight

The Stock System:
While I was at basic training we attached no less than 3 different stocks to our M4A1 training rifles. These different stocks adapted our rifles to different situations. We had the basic collapsible ones found on most M4’s, we had a longer one we used to sight in our rifles, and we had another that made our rifles more effect in CQC. I propose the ability to add new stocks, IE: Assault, Marksman, Standard, ect. They would take up a weapon mod slot.

Pros: Different stocks have different bonuses: increased recoil control, increased accuracy
Cons: takes up a mod slot, some add weight, some decrease range (assault)

The Sight System
I don’t know why this hasn’t been added yet, but different sights and scopes for your weapons. They would of course take up a weapon slot, but they would increase the range of any given weapon. The trade-off: the bigger/better the scope, the more it weighs and more it can possibly effect recoil. The different scopes would include red dots (which are REALLY fucking cool in person), hybrid optics, ACOGS, marksmen scopes, rifle scopes, ect.

Pros: Increased range and maybe the ability to zoom where you are looking. You could theoretically “scout” a town from a ways away with a scope.
Cons: increased weight in some cases, increased recoil in some, the standard balancing act of mods.

Other Mods That Would Be Cool:

Laser Sight: increases accuracy, not limited to any kind of weapon but increases weight

Bipods: Increases accuracy and reduces recoil, but most be stationary to use. (It would be like a firing mode, (ect: normal, burst, bipod)

Dragon’s Breath Rounds: They would be for shotguns only, I’m not sure if they are in game or not (haven’t seen them) but they are basically a flame round.

More to come as thought of.

I’m fairly sure we already have incendiary rounds for shotguns.

I’d prefer if new mods actually replaced the part it was for. So we wouldn’t be limited to four mods and we wouldn’t have silliness like having an extended barrel and shortened barrel on at the same time.

I wonder if we could make the vehicle menu work for guns too…

Gun crafting would be nice, instead of a barrel extension mod, have an upper of variable length and variable caliber (7.62x39 AR anyone?)

Also bullet penetration would be nice. IE: Bullet hits zombie for x damage, exits body at a modified angle and lower velocity/power.

actually, just a weapon mod that has the same effect as binoculars (the item) would be nice. then i wouldnt have to carry fucking binoculars around so much.

Dragon’s Breath rounds aren’t exactly the same as a regular incendiary round.

Dragon’s Breath rounds are the most insane thing humanity has ever come up with. It’s like some ammo manufacturing CEO was playing D&D with his friends one day and thought to himself “man, it is total bullshit that only wizards can use Cone of Fire”.

Then he went home and did horrifically dangerous and quite possibly illegal things with phosphorous and shotgun shells until he had something that could blow a thirty foot long cone of fire out of a metal tube.

[quote=“ArgusTheCat, post:6, topic:1792”]Dragon’s Breath rounds are the most insane thing humanity has ever come up with. It’s like some ammo manufacturing CEO was playing D&D with his friends one day and thought to himself “man, it is total bullshit that only wizards can use Cone of Fire”.

Then he went home and did horrifically dangerous and quite possibly illegal things with phosphorous and shotgun shells until he had something that could blow a thirty foot long cone of fire out of a metal tube.[/quote]
ROFLMAO that is so epic i am still laughing after i see this for the 5th time :smiley:

+1 internet for Argus.

Anyway, anything that makes guns more interesting and better, I support this.

But I mean shotguns already have rails and pistols can get specialized rails…

Nice necro, MVM. I thought Clayton was unbanned, damn you.