We Can See U

Having started a (new) game, explored for a bit and gotten to the place where my last hideout was with a truck, I encountered a bunch of NPCs along the way. Then one of them started giving me creepy and rather annoying ERRORS ™.

Usually, I just skip error messages like this. But every time I turn my truck so that the NPC is out of my sight, the error turns into an ‘empty path’ one instead and every time the NPC is in my view, the friendly “We can see u” error message comes up.

If it helps to locate the bug, the only thing I think may have caused the errors is that I have kept ignoring the requests of the error-giving NPC to “talk”. The NPC herself is located directly in the middle of a river so it is not possible to talk with the NPC to look whether the error goes away (by doing this) or not.

PS: The error message has, so far, came up every turn for me.
PSS: This bug occurs in the latest version of Cata. (Jan 13)

Could you post a [compressed] save?

My apologizes, but I spent an agonizing 50 turns pressing the spacebar and driving away before the error finally went away. Hence, the save does not feature the exact situation in which the errors were occurring and an attempt by me to recreate it by driving near the same NPC was unsuccessful.

I could still send the compressed save, but as aforementioned, it probably won’t be of much help anymore. I apologize, once again.

It’s clear what’s happening here. The NPC wanted to talk to you so badly she errored your game when she couldn’t find a path to you.

Wait, let me pick up that Mininuke (active).

Aha! Finally got the error again. This time, it was whilst I was swimming in a river near a town when an NPC (Like last time, a female) started hurling at me ‘WE CAN SEE U’ errors. This time I saved unlike last time. Link is below (Exactly 500kb).

Savefile.

[quote=“gtaguy, post:4, topic:103”]It’s clear what’s happening here. The NPC wanted to talk to you so badly she errored your game when she couldn’t find a path to you.

Wait, let me pick up that Mininuke (active).[/quote]
Pity she only gives me acid-bombs (active), otherwise I could have thrown a Mininuke (active) her way. :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT: I should probably note that talking to the NPC giving the errors was fruitless, and the errors only went away when I killed her (thanks to the Debug Menu’s Kill NPC option).