NPCs not appearing on overmap

0.C-20236-gd82bb55
SDL
Windows 7

Everything was working fine at first. Saved, booted up the same world again later and the NPCs didn’t show up on the map anymore. The icons for them anyway. It’s still possible to place your cursor where an NPC should be and have the name come up but the @ doesn’t show.

Not anything game breaking obviously but a bit annoying. Worth bringing up, I guess.

Well that’s embarrassing. Turns out they just don’t appear at night now. They show up again during the day.

Ignore this. gg cata devs, gg.

I have actually had a bit of an issue in the experimental from about a week ago. Had two NPCs with me, rambling around in my RV. I park the RV next to a lab and leave my NPCs in it while i jog over to a nearby mansion to loot some books. I come back at the end of the day and the two of them are just gone, despite there being a pink @ on the map. When i tried to walk over the seats where i had left them, the game threw an error (and i am kicking myself for not recording what it was) but otherwise kept going. Little miffed that they were just gone, i drove away.

Came back to the lab a day or so later, one of them had returned! The other was still missing though. Again, still a pink @ on the map despite the NPC not actually being there. A few in game weeks have passed by now, i recently debug teleported over to check again. NPC is still gone, and the pink @ has finally vanished from the map.

I know i kinda screwed myself by not better documenting this, but has anyone had something similar happen to them?

[quote=“Wyzack, post:3, topic:13137”]I have actually had a bit of an issue in the experimental from about a week ago. Had two NPCs with me, rambling around in my RV. I park the RV next to a lab and leave my NPCs in it while i jog over to a nearby mansion to loot some books. I come back at the end of the day and the two of them are just gone, despite there being a pink @ on the map. When i tried to walk over the seats where i had left them, the game threw an error (and i am kicking myself for not recording what it was) but otherwise kept going. Little miffed that they were just gone, i drove away.

Came back to the lab a day or so later, one of them had returned! The other was still missing though. Again, still a pink @ on the map despite the NPC not actually being there. A few in game weeks have passed by now, i recently debug teleported over to check again. NPC is still gone, and the pink @ has finally vanished from the map.

I know i kinda screwed myself by not better documenting this, but has anyone had something similar happen to them?[/quote]

This happened to me last night only I don’t think I got any errors. Told a follower to guard an area, left for a bit, got back and they were gone. No sign of them on the map or anything.

[quote=“Wyzack, post:3, topic:13137”]I have actually had a bit of an issue in the experimental from about a week ago. Had two NPCs with me, rambling around in my RV. I park the RV next to a lab and leave my NPCs in it while i jog over to a nearby mansion to loot some books. I come back at the end of the day and the two of them are just gone, despite there being a pink @ on the map. When i tried to walk over the seats where i had left them, the game threw an error (and i am kicking myself for not recording what it was) but otherwise kept going. Little miffed that they were just gone, i drove away.

I know i kinda screwed myself by not better documenting this, but has anyone had something similar happen to them?[/quote]

Okay i have same issue. My npc mate has just gone after i went to sleep on my car seat. He was sittin on his. I have screenshot with error & i have a save (whole game archive) with corrupteat seat, where npc was before he wanished. What should i do with these?