Build 2052 Win7 Tiles

I meet an NPC. He demands me to drop my weapon. I do this and walk away from the NPC. After a few steps a message appears : DEBUG MODE : NPC looks at you … but can see you .

I was on a plain and it seems he could see me after this few turns and I was not far enough away from him. I died in this game, because he hunted me down after this message and killed me with a flamethrower.

[quote=“Thors Hammer, post:1, topic:7297”]I meet an NPC. He demands me to drop my weapon. I do this and walk away from the NPC. After a few steps a message appears : DEBUG MODE : NPC looks at you … but can see you .

I was on a plain and it seems he could see me after this few turns and I was not far enough away from him. I died in this game, because he hunted me down after this message and killed me with a flamethrower.[/quote]

Sounds like the AI handler wasn’t confident in the situation for some reason. Probably just another Random NPC issue. Thanks for reporting, though at this point I’m in favor of scrapping Random/mobile NPCs altogether.

I sometimes think about deactivating the mobile NPCs. But on the other hand, they add “life” to the game. Talking, quests, bartering, even attacking : these are all things I expect in a cataclysmic world.

This fault seems to be very rare, so I think I’ll stay with those guys.