We can fabricate a tank,but still pulverize by hand!

we can fabricate a tank!!! and pulverize by hand!! and it takes so long !!!

we need new machine ~ can fabricate sogar, flour in tons… at least, in shorter time…

what do u think?~

I can’t understand you. What? I assume English isn’t your first language.

Its a suggestion for a mill item that would make pulverizing stuff quicker.

Would say its very likely to land if you code it yourself.

Rocket hammer, go!

warning, wielding a rocket hammer ™ with non-super human abilities may cause irritation, nausea, rashes, random bruising, non-random bruising, internal bleeding, external bleeding, cranial bleeding, stump bleeding, and/or full body hemorrhaging/death. (crafter name) is not legally responsible for the actions of (user/crafter name) should they not heed this warning.

[quote=“Daidalon, post:4, topic:8342”]Rocket hammer, go!

warning, wielding a rocket hammer ™ with non-super human abilities may cause irritation, nausea, rashes, random bruising, non-random bruising, internal bleeding, external bleeding, cranial bleeding, stump bleeding, and/or full body hemorrhaging/death. (crafter name) is not legally responsible for the actions of (user/crafter name) should they not heed this warning.[/quote]

Vehicle mounted survivor rocket hammer*

They’re right. We can build some really complex vehicles but still grind wheat by hand?

For making sugar, flour in mass quantities? Windmill or gristmill. Big, stationary, slow, but hands-free. Just like old times.
Heck, maybe you could put gravel in one and grind sand for concrete too. I don’t know. Modern uses for old-style mills are not really common.

Shadowlight: What is your first language? I am curious :smiley:

can be found on or near a farm

[quote=“Pthalocy, post:6, topic:8342”]They’re right. We can build some really complex vehicles but still grind wheat by hand?

For making sugar, flour in mass quantities? Windmill or gristmill. Big, stationary, slow, but hands-free. Just like old times.
Heck, maybe you could put gravel in one and grind sand for concrete too. I don’t know. Modern uses for old-style mills are not really common.

Shadowlight: What is your first language? I am curious :D[/quote]

We have wind in-game (though it could use a lot more love), so sure, windmill could be an option.

[quote=“Pthalocy, post:6, topic:8342”]Windmill or gristmill. Big, stationary, slow, but hands-free. Just like old times.
Heck, maybe you could put gravel in one and grind sand for concrete too. I don’t know. Modern uses for old-style mills are not really common.[/quote]

Vehicle parts seem the most logical way to handle this.

Mill/Grinder: Grinds down material into flour/sugar/powder using vehicle power.

Wind Turbine: produces vehicle power, has enough mass/size to be impractical to install on any (rationally designed) vehicle.

There is already a completely useless hand drill item. Drill + quern = win.

Wind mills?

Dune 2 jokes aside, windmills would be pretty sweet.

You mean windmills like “solar panels except for wind”, like “engines that produce power depending on wind” or like “furniture/terrain that mills grain when its windy”?

Because first option sounds cool, second sounds amazing and third sounds as boring as a handful of Ambien.

Also, in case of option 1 and 2, there could exist a separate part - vehicle quern or something like that - that could be also powered by regular car parts.

Well, the way I imagined it, you’d have the setup made in parts and be able to hook up the wind-collecty part to whatever the hell you wanted, be it a quern, an engine and battery setup, etc. I wasn’t thinking that far ahead so “all three”? Regardless, we all seem to have turned to the vehicle construction setup as a means of making this possible, so that’s a nice bit of consensus.

Solar panel for wind: more or less, yeah, that’d be the implementation here

Engine produces power based on wind: we call that a “sail”, but sure, we could use 'em if the implementation is workable

Terrain that mills grain when windy: yeah, kinda like a funnel except no cue that it’s windy. Funnels aren’t much fun, so meh.

And vehicles are pretty much the go-to for power setup, so anything that involves survivor industry tends to incorporate 'em.

We might find ourselves coming back to sails if boats get more added to them. Maybe that’s a tangent I best leave alone for the sake of this thread’s topic. Funnels are indeed pretty meh, but I do like the idea of functions I can leave alone and rely on while working on other important things. I guess the wind-version of solar panels also allows for this, so sounds good to me.

There might be some miscommunication here. Maybe.
Our implementation would likely be the first, thr second would just hook it up to an electrical motor for a more reasonable effect, and the third would likely be just a seperate vehicle tile which runs off of electricity from your windmill.
For the windmill itself, i’d suggest in addition in it’s mass, it should also mess up the K dynamics % up or something like that, something that doesn’t rely on weight alone. Mainly so we can make it so that we have transportably sized parts without making a tremendous quantity of such, as well as making it reasonably transportable on vehicle cargo, dissassembled.

K dynamics messing makes sense from the realism point of view, but I’m not sure about how “fun” it would be.

One advantage wind turbines have compared to solars: they can be made with cheap resources. DIY wind turbines exist, DIY solars not so much.

[quote=“Coolthulhu, post:17, topic:8342”]K dynamics messing makes sense from the realism point of view, but I’m not sure about how “fun” it would be.

One advantage wind turbines have compared to solars: they can be made with cheap resources. DIY wind turbines exist, DIY solars not so much.[/quote]The point is that you probably shouldn’t be able to drive effectively with a solar farm onboard unless you are on a super rolling fortress, and even then you aren’t going to be making enough energy to power the vehicle. If you want something to move your vehicle based on wind, either make a stationary windmill station and use jumper vables/swap batteries, or look into sails.

I could see making a standard stationary mill building like making tents, except you have to activate the building in your inventory and place it down as soon as you were finished, and maybe have to construct it in pieces or something.
Or once Z levels are implemented someone could add an actual axle to power somewhat akin to dwarf fortress, THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!

It would make way more sense as a construction menu option.